What is the origin of the flat Earth?

• 64 Replies
?

Ali

What is the origin of the flat Earth?
« on: May 04, 2011, 04:33:55 PM »
As above. How did it form, how did the solar system form around it, what caused it to fly through space accelerating as it goes? What is it's purpose? RE has a complete and plausible formation theory within the heliocentric solar system, but what caused a 9000km deep disc to randomly form, have planetary bodies orbit it despite a lack of gravity, and how can a 32 mile diameter sun maintain it's heat for 13.7 billion years?

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
Re: What is the origin of the flat Earth?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 04:42:36 PM »
As above. How did it form, how did the solar system form around it, what caused it to fly through space accelerating as it goes? What is it's purpose? RE has a complete and plausible formation theory within the heliocentric solar system, but what caused a 9000km deep disc to randomly form, have planetary bodies orbit it despite a lack of gravity, and how can a 32 mile diameter sun maintain it's heat for 13.7 billion years?

Quite simply, we cannot say. We do not have legions of people to research this subject ever day as their job. Come back when we have more time to research this.

Do note though, that this is no different than asking where the matter in the universe came from. We simply do not know at the moment.

?

Ali

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 04:47:02 PM »
No it's not. RE can provide a very plausible theory. It doesn't require research, just explanation. THe circular (and spherical) nature of the galaxies we can visualise is incredibly obvious, so it didn't take much imagination to see how the solar system could have formed. But FE? This is going to have be one very imaginative story....

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 04:58:08 PM »
No it's not. RE can provide a very plausible theory. It doesn't require research, just explanation.

Derp, people require data and research to create theories.

Sure, it only requires explanation, after the research has been done.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 06:53:01 PM »
ITT the superiority of FET. 

Just because there are storybooks that weave the tale of RET and people share the story as true, the belief in the story does not make it real.

Just because a toy called a globe becomes popular and follows the writings of the storybook, the belief in the globe does not make it real. 

FET has it right.  Do the research, accumulate the data and write about it as the truth emerges.   

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 06:58:39 PM »

1. Few FE believers claim the earth is accelerating.
2. Dinosaurs.
3. Moonshrimp.
4. The earth is only 9000 years old. That is not nearly enough time to form a "sun".

?

Around And About

• Circular Logic Falls Flat
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 07:54:50 PM »
4. The earth is only 9000 years old. That is not nearly enough time to form a "sun".

Ahh. How much time is needed to form a "sun"?
I'm not black nor a thug, I'm more like god who will bring 7 plagues of flat earth upon your ass.

?

Ali

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 12:13:54 AM »

1. Few FE believers claim the earth is accelerating.
2. Dinosaurs.
3. Moonshrimp.

1. Really? What about your bizarre explanation of gravity then?
2. Dinosaurs? MAde the disc? Crapped out the disc? Vomitted up the disc? Elaborate.
3. Are a ridiculous concept.
4. No it's not. Only Palestinian zombie worshipers believe such nonsense. Everyone else thinks they're mindnumbingly thick.

Which brings us to the problem of your "debates". You ask people to prove the Earth is round, and try and come up with ever more ludicrous reasons to disprove solid science, yet when you are asked to prove your FE theory, you can't, so you deflect the argument.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 12:21:33 AM by Ali »

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 03:46:08 AM »
4. No it's not. Only Palestinian zombie worshipers believe such nonsense. Everyone else thinks they're mindnumbingly thick.

Got any evidence for that statement?  By Palestinian Zombie worship I assume you mean Christians?  Are Christians the only ones who believe the earth to be a few thousand years old?  No other culture does?

?

Ali

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 05:03:09 AM »

Got any evidence for that statement?  By Palestinian Zombie worship I assume you mean Christians?  Are Christians the only ones who believe the earth to be a few thousand years old?  No other culture does?

I suspect there are other poorly educated people who do, but you're, again, deflecting  and arguing over trivial detail whilst not answering the questions raised. Enough pedantry, give me your theories. I have read many of your threads and the FAQ over the past few days and, despite a lot of scientific willy waving, all I see are long arguments over nothing and a seeming inability of FE proposers to actually offer any form of proof or validation themselves. You are the first people to shout "prove it" to any scientific theory brought up to support the RE "theory" (it isn't a theory, it's fact, unless you're completely paranoid), but you are always the last people to actually offer proof of your own theory. In fact, I've seen absolutely nothing so far. 7 years of threads and not an ounce of proof? You're not doing very well, so far, are you?

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 12:51:48 PM »
Pot, kettle, black.

You basically have no real arguments at all, just silly name calling.  And yet you demand better of others.  Nice.
BTW, I doubt you have read MY theories and MY FAQ.  I'm new here.  And you don't even have a clue what I believe - apparently you don't wish to know.  All that and you wish to be taken seriously?  You have a very long way to go.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2011, 02:33:29 PM »
No it's not. RE can provide a very plausible theory. It doesn't require research, just explanation. THe circular (and spherical) nature of the galaxies we can visualise is incredibly obvious, so it didn't take much imagination to see how the solar system could have formed. But FE? This is going to have be one very imaginative story....

So where did all the mass in the solar system come from? The big bang explains its expansion, but not its origin. Please enlighten us.

?

Ali

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2011, 03:06:30 PM »
You know the answer to that, as do I. But the point 1/100,000th of a second on from the Big Bang is far better understood, and it gives a rational explanation for the formation of heliocentric solar systems and spherical planetary bodies and moons. Now stop diverting the argument. Explain the origin of your disc. In fact, provide ANY evidence for your disc at all. You haven't in 7 years, as far as I can see from your archives, all you seem to do is argue over pointless semantics and trivial detail and never actually present any valid evidence. If you're going to play scientific devil's advocates, you might want to start from a footing that isn't comedically and scientifically awful.

Carry on... evidence....

?

Ali

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2011, 03:11:17 PM »
Pot, kettle, black.

You basically have no real arguments at all, just silly name calling.  And yet you demand better of others.  Nice.
BTW, I doubt you have read MY theories and MY FAQ.  I'm new here.  And you don't even have a clue what I believe - apparently you don't wish to know.  All that and you wish to be taken seriously?  You have a very long way to go.

I have no intention of being taken seriously or otherwise as I don't care what you or anyone thinks of me. I want evidence provided to back up the absurd claim that the FE "supporters" propose. I also don't care what you think or believe because I don't know you, and I have no wish to know your theories unless you can actually present the evidence I have asked for in this thread. As for name calling, I will happily call anyone who believes in a flat earth, or anything contained within the FAQ, either naive, stupid or a troll, until proper validated evidence is presented to qualify the statements made. I will happily eat my own words should it be provided but I strongly suspect my words will remain undigested for a very long time....

?

Around And About

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2011, 03:16:38 PM »
Regardless of the earth's actual shape, if FET ever managed to demonstrate a tiny fraction of RET's explanatory and predictive power then I would be thoroughly impressed.
I'm not black nor a thug, I'm more like god who will bring 7 plagues of flat earth upon your ass.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2011, 03:20:06 PM »
1. Really? What about your bizarre explanation of gravity then?

It is an excellent explanation.

2. Dinosaurs? MAde the disc? Crapped out the disc? Vomitted up the disc? Elaborate.

Dinosaurs were responsible for much around you. Please respect their work.

3. Are a ridiculous concept.

Please do not mock our beliefs.

Do not attack me with insults because I will retaliate with facts.

?

Ali

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2011, 03:25:38 PM »
I'll be interested in you when you actually start providing facts. Facts backed by evidence. And belief has no place in science. But you're a long way from anything resembling science.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2011, 03:27:27 PM »
And belief has no place in science.

So I take it you do not believe the earth is round?

ANOTHER VICTORY FOR FLAT EARTH!

?

Ali

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2011, 03:31:56 PM »

I KNOW the Earth is round, I have no need for faith or belief.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 04:23:55 PM by Ali »

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2011, 03:44:26 PM »

I KNOW the Earth is round, I have need for faith or belief.

How do you know this?

?

Ali

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2011, 04:24:30 PM »
Overwhelming evidence. Something you have none of.

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2011, 04:27:26 PM »

Q: How do you know the earth is round?
A: Evidence!

Gee, debating is easy!

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2011, 04:30:02 PM »

Just because there are storybooks that weave the tale of RET and people share the story as true, the belief in the story does not make it real.

Just because a toy called a globe becomes popular and follows the writings of the storybook, the belief in the globe does not make it real. 

FET has it right.  Do the research, accumulate the data and write about it as the truth emerges.   

I hope you can help me, it sounds liek you're the man to talk too! I am desperate to fully embrace this conspiracy, and I have read up on the topic, including earth is not a globe. however, I cannot find any research or evidence on it past this book, with is really old, it is from the 1880's. I cannot do my own research as it is prohibitivly expensive, as mentioned in a post above, so please help a disc earther soak it in, where is it m,point me to the modern work so I can prove my brothers wrong!

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2011, 04:33:13 PM »
Pot, kettle, black.

please just prove him wrong, just do it and shut him up, the evidence must be there, sock it to him brother, he's aggressivly lambasted all the posters I have seen him talk too, he deserves what's coming, FE VICTORY

?

Ali

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2011, 04:34:51 PM »

Q: How do you know the earth is round?
A: Evidence!

Gee, debating is easy!

Earth being round, and ever so slightly awesome:

I've shown you mine, you show me yours.

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2011, 04:37:43 PM »

?

Around And About

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2011, 04:38:30 PM »
Ali, what you are viewing is the illuminated portion of a flat disc, and perspective optics vanishing point refraction Photoshop.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2011, 04:44:11 PM »

I hope you can help me, it sounds liek you're the man to talk too! I am desperate to fully embrace this conspiracy, and I have read up on the topic, including earth is not a globe. however, I cannot find any research or evidence on it past this book, with is really old, it is from the 1880's. I cannot do my own research as it is prohibitivly expensive, as mentioned in a post above, so please help a disc earther soak it in, where is it m,point me to the modern work so I can prove my brothers wrong!

Thanks for your fine comments.  There are more advanced conspiricist theorists than myself that will assist you in that particular area.  It sounds like you have a good start on your research. The point of my post is to bring to light the limitations of the RET process.  From what I understand there are relevant contemporary FET books in the works so we do look forward to their publication.

?

Ali

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2011, 04:46:39 PM »
Ali, what you are viewing is the illuminated portion of a flat disc, and perspective optics vanishing point refraction Photoshop.

?

Around And About

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2011, 04:59:51 PM »