The reason for the seasons

• 40 Replies
Re: The reason for the seasons
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2011, 01:49:39 PM »
there is no FET evidence, just hypothesis. ever wonder why there have been no books or research done since Rowbothams books in the 1800's?

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2011, 02:25:18 PM »
there is no FET evidence, just hypothesis. ever wonder why there have been no books or research done since Rowbothams books in the 1800's?
THere have been LOTS.  I'm also releasing one this year.

Hessy

• My alts: Edgeworth, any/all spambots
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2011, 06:44:37 PM »

I'm definitely archiving that quote... ::)

?

vhu9644

• Round earth supporter
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2011, 08:45:42 PM »
I know exactly what it means, I’m an analytical chemist. Empirical evidence can be extremely subjective, ie, James’ dreams are called empirical evidence of moon shrimp, when in fact they are empirical evidence of a dream he had about moon shrimp, nothing else, so please put your assertion into context. How is Empirical evidence more exact than evidence?
have i stated emirical evidence was more exact than evidence?

if that was what you interpreted, i meant, empirical evidence is a way to say what kind of evidence.
i meant the term "empirical evidence" is more exact than using "evidence"
people i respect: Ski, Oracle, PizzaPlanet, Wendy

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2011, 11:04:38 PM »

I'm definitely archiving that quote... ::)
Feel free.  The only worry I have about my internal deadlines is my artist getting the art back to me in time after I complete the work, and my baby taking up too much time.  I have to admit I have no idea how much of my time will go to taking care of my child.  Though archiving it may be a bit silly.  I've already mentioned it on several internet radio shows.

?

Ali

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2011, 06:46:59 AM »
At the speeds you're proposing the Earth is travelling, any increase of decrease in acceleration would produce shift in the visible spectrum for all other objects. This is not present, therefore this can't be happening.

?

vhu9644

• Round earth supporter
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2011, 10:46:41 PM »
At the speeds you're proposing the Earth is travelling, any increase of decrease in acceleration would produce shift in the visible spectrum for all other objects. This is not present, therefore this can't be happening.
if the sun is accelerating upwards at the same rate, it is not accelerating upwards reletive to you, and hence, light shouldn't have redshift right?

it is all relative to the observer, am i wrong?

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2011, 12:11:36 AM »
Are you saying the stars have no redshift or blueshift?

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2011, 12:23:32 AM »
well, if everything is moving at exactly the same speed, and in the same direction, then no, how would there be? but if there is a difference in veliocity, then yes, there will be a colour shift.

however, this then raises the question of how all these different objects of different size and mass are being accelerated at the same speed and rate of acceleration as each other, despite the driving force being universal.

?

vhu9644

• Round earth supporter
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2011, 06:00:52 PM »
well, if everything is moving at exactly the same speed, and in the same direction, then no, how would there be? but if there is a difference in veliocity, then yes, there will be a colour shift.

however, this then raises the question of how all these different objects of different size and mass are being accelerated at the same speed and rate of acceleration as each other, despite the driving force being universal.

but the color shift depends on the reletive velocity to the observer.

for the second question, i dont think FE'ers have an answer.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2011, 03:36:02 AM »
There is not only one force in the universe.  UA or even my work can explain what we can see, but that which we dream of, its beyond us til we live it.