Atheism and other issues

• 359 Replies
?

vhu9644

• Round earth supporter
Re: Atheism and other issues
« Reply #330 on: April 15, 2011, 07:49:19 PM »
Ancient Wisdom is credible then modern science because it comes straight from the creators of this planet. Modern science can't even cure cancer, savvy?

your claim of spiratual needs evidnce (sorry, but thats so)
do you even know what cancer is?
you dont "cure cancer" because cancer is not caused by viruses/bacteria
people i respect: Ski, Oracle, PizzaPlanet, Wendy

« Reply #331 on: April 15, 2011, 07:53:32 PM »
Ancient Wisdom is more credible then modern science because it comes straight from the creators of this planet. Modern science can't even cure cancer, savvy?

wat.
The Egyptian scribes created Earth?  ???

Modern science has created the internet, the medicine that has kept your face from melting when you were born, cell phones, computers, cars, etc. Just because science hasn't found the cure for cancer or the ability to give you unlimited amounts of fallatio doesn't mean it's completely wrong.

Btw I know you're trolling. When are you going to give in?

« Reply #332 on: April 15, 2011, 09:18:00 PM »
Ancient Wisdom is credible then modern science because it comes straight from the creators of this planet. Modern science can't even cure cancer, savvy?

Correct its not, but even all bad viruses and bacterias is a result of spiritual problem. Every illness traces back to the sickness of the spirit. Even mainstream doctors admit that stress and depression can give birth to physical illnesses such as stroke or heart attack and various ulcers. So if stress which is a non material problem causes physical problems, what does it tell you about the nature of illness in general? Does it have physical or emotional root problem?
JJA voted for Pedro

?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
« Reply #333 on: April 15, 2011, 09:26:39 PM »
Stokes and heart attacks aren't a result of viruses silly. In fact, stress can cause all sorts of problems with the cardiovascular system. I don't think stress is the ONLY factor in a heart attack, I think it's a rise in blood pressure on an artery that's already clogged. You also mentioned ulcers. When stressed or anxious, there is a higher release of stomach acid I believe, which eats away at the stomach lining. AND I believe stress can cause problems with the immune system in general, so every time you decide to bring God into the mix, science and nature explain it quite well. You should probably think more before you post.

« Reply #334 on: April 15, 2011, 10:12:40 PM »
Stokes and heart attacks aren't a result of viruses silly. In fact, stress can cause all sorts of problems with the cardiovascular system. I don't think stress is the ONLY factor in a heart attack, I think it's a rise in blood pressure on an artery that's already clogged. You also mentioned ulcers. When stressed or anxious, there is a higher release of stomach acid I believe, which eats away at the stomach lining. AND I believe stress can cause problems with the immune system in general, so every time you decide to bring God into the mix, science and nature explain it quite well. You should probably think more before you post.

You didn't understand my post. I didn't bring God into anything. I was simply pointing out that a stress which is not physical problem (meaning you can't observe it under microscope) can cause physical illnesses. Thus I proved that emotional (spiritual) problems can create physical ones, savvy?

JJA voted for Pedro

?

vhu9644

• Round earth supporter
« Reply #335 on: April 15, 2011, 11:47:21 PM »

Correct its not, but even all bad viruses and bacterias is a result of spiritual problem. Every illness traces back to the sickness of the spirit. Even mainstream doctors admit that stress and depression can give birth to physical illnesses such as stroke or heart attack and various ulcers. So if stress which is a non material problem causes physical problems, what does it tell you about the nature of illness in general? Does it have physical or emotional root problem?

you are wrong about stress being unmeasurable and non-physical
unless you think electrons are unmeasurable and non-physical...

stress, can cause problems due to increased hormones

Neurochemistry and physiologyAlthough the basic neurochemistry of the stress response is now well understood, much remains to be discovered about how the components of this system interact with one another, in the brain and throughout the body. In response to a stressor, neurons with cell bodies in the paraventricular nuclei (PVN) of the hypothalamus secrete corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) and arginine-vasopressin (AVP) into the hypophyseal portal system.

The locus ceruleus and other noradrenergic cell groups of the adrenal medulla and pons, collectively known as the LC/NE system, also become active and use brain epinephrine to execute autonomic and neuroendocrine responses, serving as a global alarm system.[7]

The autonomic nervous system provides the rapid response to stress commonly known as the fight-or-flight response, engaging the sympathetic nervous system and withdrawing the parasympathetic nervous system, thereby enacting cardiovascular, respiratory, gastrointestinal, renal, and endocrine changes.[7] The HPA axis, a major part of the neuroendocrine system involving the interactions of the hypothalamus, the pituitary gland, and the adrenal glands, is also activated by release of CRH and AVP.

This results in release of adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) from the pituitary into the general bloodstream, which results in secretion of cortisol and other glucocorticoids from the adrenal cortex. The related compound, cortisone, is frequently used as a key anti-inflammatory component in drugs that treat skin rashes and in nasal sprays that treat asthma and sinusitis. Recently, scientists realized the brain also uses cortisol to suppress the immune system and reduce inflammation within the body.[8] These corticoids involve the whole body in the organism's response to stress and ultimately contribute to the termination of the response via inhibitory feedback.[7]

stress doenst magically cause physical problems,  parts of the entire "stress" is hormones released and inhibitions

« Reply #336 on: April 16, 2011, 12:02:39 AM »
Yes, stress is nothing more than the devil injecting his badness into you.

« Reply #337 on: April 16, 2011, 01:03:38 AM »

Neurochemistry and physiologyAlthough the basic neurochemistry of the stress response is now well understood, much remains to be discovered about how the components of this system interact with one another, in the brain and throughout the body. In response to a stressor, neurons with cell bodies in the paraventricular nuclei (PVN) of the hypothalamus secrete corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) and arginine-vasopressin (AVP) into the hypophyseal portal system.

The locus ceruleus and other noradrenergic cell groups of the adrenal medulla and pons, collectively known as the LC/NE system, also become active and use brain epinephrine to execute autonomic and neuroendocrine responses, serving as a global alarm system.[7]

The autonomic nervous system provides the rapid response to stress commonly known as the fight-or-flight response, engaging the sympathetic nervous system and withdrawing the parasympathetic nervous system, thereby enacting cardiovascular, respiratory, gastrointestinal, renal, and endocrine changes.[7] The HPA axis, a major part of the neuroendocrine system involving the interactions of the hypothalamus, the pituitary gland, and the adrenal glands, is also activated by release of CRH and AVP.

This results in release of adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) from the pituitary into the general bloodstream, which results in secretion of cortisol and other glucocorticoids from the adrenal cortex. The related compound, cortisone, is frequently used as a key anti-inflammatory component in drugs that treat skin rashes and in nasal sprays that treat asthma and sinusitis. Recently, scientists realized the brain also uses cortisol to suppress the immune system and reduce inflammation within the body.[8] These corticoids involve the whole body in the organism's response to stress and ultimately contribute to the termination of the response via inhibitory feedback.[7]

stress doenst magically cause physical problems,  parts of the entire "stress" is hormones released and inhibitions

After writing this well formulated medical essay you expect me to believe that you are not old enough to vote? You are probably an old man not a high school kid.

Anyways let's first understand what stress is. And you are wrong stress is not physical, here is why; What usually causes stress? Stress is caused by an emotional reaction to something. Now that we established that, are human emotions physical? Can you touch them? Of course not, emotions are immaterial. Stress is immaterial. Immaterial action causing physical problems. Stress kills. Non physical origin of death is proven.
JJA voted for Pedro

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #338 on: April 16, 2011, 03:10:32 AM »
>implying he didn't copy that
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

EnigmaZV

« Reply #339 on: April 16, 2011, 08:15:19 AM »

What usually causes stress? Stress is caused by an emotional reaction to something. Now that we established that, are human emotions physical? Can you touch them? Of course not, emotions are immaterial. Stress is immaterial. Immaterial action causing physical problems. Stress kills. Non physical origin of death is proven.

All mamals also experience stress, and it can be observed to use the same mechanism that the human stress response uses.  Therefore when my dog experiences stress, it's because he's having an immaterial emotional response according to you.  Also, if my dog gets kennel cough, or rabies, then it is because he is having spiritual problems, which causes a sickness in his spirit, right?  If not, why is his rabies so different from my rabies when the symptoms are so similar?
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #340 on: April 16, 2011, 09:15:31 AM »

stress doenst magically cause physical problems,  parts of the entire "stress" is hormones released and inhibitions

After writing this well formulated medical essay you expect me to believe that you are not old enough to vote? You are probably an old man not a high school kid.

Anyways let's first understand what stress is. And you are wrong stress is not physical, here is why; What usually causes stress? Stress is caused by an emotional reaction to something. Now that we established that, are human emotions physical? Can you touch them? Of course not, emotions are immaterial. Stress is immaterial. Immaterial action causing physical problems. Stress kills. Non physical origin of death is proven.

Two things:

1) Saying that stress isn't physical is literally saying that it's made of photons. Stress is caused by hormone imbalance. Hormones are made of atoms. Therefore, stress is physical.

2) Even if that essay wasn't copypasta (it totally was), you'd be surprised at what high schoolers know. You see, we're writing things that we just learned a few weeks ago, so it's still fresh in our heads. I guess you'll understand better when you get to be our age.

Marcus Aurelius

• My Alts: Tom Bishop, Gayer, theonlydann
« Reply #341 on: April 16, 2011, 10:43:04 AM »
I don't know if there is solid proof but I learned it in my Native American history class back in college. Of course the professor didn't mention why it was the case. You know the academia is terrified to admit that Atlantis was a reality.

is there proof that i can see?
like internet source?

or maybe you are terrified to admit that atlantis as you describe it never existed

I tried looking for it on the internet and didn't find anything. This came from a professor's lecture. Atlantis did exist and still exists actually, just not in our dimension.

What evidence do you have that any of this is true?  As Sagan once said, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.  What you are claiming here is extraordinary.  The only evidence I have ever seen for Atlantis is in mythology, there has never been any physical verifiable evidence to indicate it ever existed outside of fiction.

Also, how do you define the word "spiritual", or "spirit"?  
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 11:38:46 AM by Marcus Aurelius »

Marcus Aurelius

« Reply #342 on: April 16, 2011, 11:48:35 AM »

You have that the wrong way around.  Stress can cause physical illnesses, but the cause of stress can be attributed to outside stimuli, physical problems with the brain, or hormonal imbalances, all of which are physical causes. 

For example, if I were to set you on fire (outside stimuli), would the feeling of being burned alive cause you stress?  Or was it stress that caused me to set you on fire?

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #343 on: April 16, 2011, 01:26:57 PM »
I thought human emotions were physical?

?

vhu9644

• Round earth supporter
« Reply #344 on: April 16, 2011, 02:32:49 PM »
they are
new earth think electrical signals and chemical signals in your brain are not physical

« Reply #345 on: April 16, 2011, 02:49:25 PM »
I don't know if there is solid proof but I learned it in my Native American history class back in college. Of course the professor didn't mention why it was the case. You know the academia is terrified to admit that Atlantis was a reality.

like internet source?

or maybe you are terrified to admit that atlantis as you describe it never existed

I tried looking for it on the internet and didn't find anything. This came from a professor's lecture. Atlantis did exist and still exists actually, just not in our dimension.

What evidence do you have that any of this is true?  As Sagan once said, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.  What you are claiming here is extraordinary.  The only evidence I have ever seen for Atlantis is in mythology, there has never been any physical verifiable evidence to indicate it ever existed outside of fiction.

There is nothing extraordinary about Atlantis. Even mainstream scientists now believe that the area of mid Atlantic ridge was once dry land. It is no longer just a myth or a legend. In the next few years they will most likely publicly announce that Atlantis indeed existed. They used to think that Troy was a myth, turns out it was a real place, so why not Atlantis?
JJA voted for Pedro

« Reply #346 on: April 16, 2011, 02:54:44 PM »

like internet source?

There is nothing extraordinary about Atlantis. Even mainstream scientists now believe that the area of mid Atlantic ridge was once dry land. It is no longer just a myth or a legend. In the next few years they will most likely publicly announce that Atlantis indeed existed. They used to think that Troy was a myth, turns out it was a real place, so why not Atlantis?

So where there people living on that Atlantic ridge? Are there cities to be found there? Or piramids? Does Atlantis have a significant meaning to the other dimension infinite earth?

?

vhu9644

• Round earth supporter
« Reply #347 on: April 16, 2011, 02:54:57 PM »

like internet source?

there is a difference between mid atlantic ridge being dry land (which i would like a source for this.  ridges are where the plates are pushed outwards, forming new ground) and atlantis
one, atlantis as you describe it is quite implausible, and a ridge doenst have to be a city area
atlantis as a area is possible.
if you described troy as having teleportion, it would be very implausible
there is a search for atlantis in real science, just not atlantis as you describe it

Marcus Aurelius

« Reply #348 on: April 16, 2011, 03:05:21 PM »

like internet source?

I have no problem acknowledging that indeed it may have existed.  But I have yet to see any evidence that definitively shows it.  And yes claiming that an ancient and extremely advanced culture of people lived on a continent that no longer exists is an extraordinary claim.

Maybe one day we may find the extraordinary evidence to show Atlantis existed, but until that happens, is their any reason to claim that it did?

« Reply #349 on: April 16, 2011, 03:08:50 PM »
If Atlantis existed it was most definately in the Atlantic Ocean, hence the name Atlantis. All ancient maps show large island continent between the old and the new world, do you want some links?

New infinite earth will not have Atlantis, this makes zero sense kid. I theorize that Atlantis will resurface on a spherical earth, our earth. Infinite earth have no need for duplication of our continents.
JJA voted for Pedro

?

vhu9644

• Round earth supporter
« Reply #350 on: April 16, 2011, 03:53:47 PM »
If Atlantis existed it was most definately in the Atlantic Ocean, hence the name Atlantis. All ancient maps show large island continent between the old and the new world, do you want some links?

New infinite earth will not have Atlantis, this makes zero sense kid. I theorize that Atlantis will resurface on a spherical earth, our earth. Infinite earth have no need for duplication of our continents.

sure, show me
and give me the website it was on

and also, name similarity are fine, but it could also be conincidence

the name atlantic and atlantis (as i have heard) comes from the greek god atlas.  they stem from something that is not physical, not each other

« Reply #352 on: April 16, 2011, 06:21:37 PM »

« Reply #353 on: April 16, 2011, 06:49:53 PM »
Yes.  Atlas is the root word. But the reason the ocean was named Atlantic is because once a continent called Atlantis existed there.
JJA voted for Pedro

?

vhu9644

• Round earth supporter
« Reply #354 on: April 16, 2011, 06:51:43 PM »
Yes.  Atlas is the root word. But the reason the ocean was named Atlantic is because once a continent called Atlantis existed there.

atlantic means sea of atlas...

also first link states the maps were made by someone
"Maps by Patroclus Kampanakis

They have been drawn in 1891"
and stuff appear.  they were drawn in later dates than ancient greece

2nd one, i never knew the ancients spoke english
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 06:56:47 PM by vhu9644 »

« Reply #355 on: April 16, 2011, 07:14:06 PM »
The maps are replicas. Stop trolling.
JJA voted for Pedro

?

vhu9644

• Round earth supporter
« Reply #356 on: April 16, 2011, 11:57:34 PM »
i didnt see that on the website, please direct me
just copy a portion, tell me which website they were on, ill just ctrl+f it

« Reply #357 on: April 17, 2011, 01:41:41 AM »
No I'm not gonna do it. If you are interested in Atlantis go research it. I really hate when people are asking to spoon feed them with links and websites. Certain things I will link just to prove my point but I'm not here to do your research for you.

I'm interested in Atlantis so I did research for myself, I don't want to do this again for you.
JJA voted for Pedro

?

vhu9644

• Round earth supporter
« Reply #358 on: April 17, 2011, 02:33:02 AM »
No I'm not gonna do it. If you are interested in Atlantis go research it. I really hate when people are asking to spoon feed them with links and websites. Certain things I will link just to prove my point but I'm not here to do your research for you.

I'm interested in Atlantis so I did research for myself, I don't want to do this again for you.
so you give me a website, which i read, and did not read parts you claimed (replicas of real maps), and now you tell me that i need go do something i already have done?

dont you think i would have read about atlantis before debating with you?

how do you think i know atlantis and atlantic ocean stem from atlas? not each other?
all you have to do is copy and paste.  is that a lot?

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #359 on: April 17, 2011, 08:00:58 AM »

Stop being a hypocrite.