TheEngineer Is A Liar

• 62 Replies
TheEngineer Is A Liar
« on: September 05, 2006, 07:38:17 AM »
The Engineer claimes that he is a pilot and has not seen the curve of the Earth. This is bullshit, I have been in a plane when I went on holiday to Lanzarote, I saw the curve.
quote="Dogplatter"]
Penguins were actually created in the 1960's by Russian scientists who combined the DNA of otters and birds.  [/quote]

LOL

Re: TheEngineer Is A Liar
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 07:46:12 AM »
Quote from: "Yardstick2006"
The Engineer claimes that he is a pilot and has not seen the curve of the Earth. This is bullshit, I have been in a plane when I went on holiday to Lanzarote, I saw the curve.

It was an illusion, wooooo...

There were video screens in built into the windows on the plane, its obvious.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
Re: TheEngineer Is A Liar
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 12:01:37 PM »
Quote from: "Yardstick2006"

Wow, my suspicions were right...

Anyway, I can honestly say that in all the times I have ever flown, on my own or otherwise, I have never seen the curvature of the earth.  You did?  Good for you.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

TheEngineer Is A Liar
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 01:14:47 PM »

Taken from a plane. Google is your friend Engineer.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
TheEngineer Is A Liar
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 01:15:32 PM »
Just been on a plane (under 5 hours ago), saw no curve.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
TheEngineer Is A Liar
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 01:25:08 PM »
Quote from: "alexj"
http://www2.cemr.wvu.edu/~satellite.balloon/Spring

You find a picture on Google and just assume it is from a plane?  Do you think much for yourself?

-- Bob Hudson

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
TheEngineer Is A Liar
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 04:48:00 PM »
Over the past week I've spent about 15 hours on various airplanes -- the ground did not (topographically) look like a ball or an orange or any other obviously-curved object to me.
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

TheEngineer Is A Liar
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 04:49:17 PM »
well that was a ballon picture which goes higher than an airplane

TheEngineer Is A Liar
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 05:29:43 PM »
Have you ever flown transatlantic? The planes fly higher than domestic airliners. The curve is not easily perceptible, but it is there.

TheEngineer Is A Liar
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 06:36:13 PM »
I've flown. there's no cruve nigga.

?

quixotic

• Im a mushroomcloudlayin motherfucker, motherfucker
TheEngineer Is A Liar
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2006, 07:07:33 PM »
ya no cruve but there is a curve

:lol:

Im going to China in Oct by way of the earth, not by plane, so I will let you know how i go  8-)

Like...O M G ! ! ! He is, like, totally using the gun as like some kind of sexual weapon. O M G ! ! That is like, totally awesome! ! !

TheEngineer Is A Liar
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2006, 08:44:42 PM »
I've been in planes and will admit it's hard to see the curve if you're not looking for it, it's allot easier to see over water, I've seen it with the naked eye over the ocean from the 13th deck of a ship (and we only drew 26 feet of water) [/quote]

?

The Observer

TheEngineer Is A Liar
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2006, 10:32:08 PM »
Here is how you can be absolutely sure the earth is round.  Without the curve of the earth there would be no difference in sunlit areas, it would either be light or dark, no difference in lit areas.

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
TheEngineer Is A Liar
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2006, 10:50:04 PM »
Quote from: "The Observer"
Here is how you can be absolutely sure the earth is round.  Without the curve of the earth there would be no difference in sunlit areas, it would either be light or dark, no difference in lit areas.

Been covered..

TheEngineer Is A Liar
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2006, 12:10:28 AM »
Quote from: "TheEngineer"
http://www2.cemr.wvu.edu/~satellite.balloon/Spring

You find a picture on Google and just assume it is from a plane?  Do you think much for yourself?

Well the writing underneath the picture on the site, said it was taken from a plane......

:roll:

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
TheEngineer Is A Liar
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2006, 05:19:57 AM »
[quote="alexj]

Well the writing underneath the picture on the site, said it was taken from a plane......
[/quote]

So it must be absolutely positively taken from an airplane, there's no way at all they could have replaced the word "balloon" with "airplane".

And they say flat-Earther's are gullible...

TheEngineer Is A Liar
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2006, 09:58:02 AM »
Quote from: "Erasmus"
Over the past week I've spent about 15 hours on various airplanes -- the ground did not look like a ball or an orange or any other obviously-curved object to me.

The ground would not look like an ball from the height your average plane reaches. You may have been able to see a slight curve far, far away in the distance. But if you are a flat earther or just go with thier theories then you would have dismissed any curve you did see and put it down to water vapour or some  kind of illusion.

As for the Photo taken from a plane/balloon, all pictures showing a curve/round earth are quickly dissmissed by Flat Earthers. They have various reasons why such images are not valid as evidence. If so, why doesn't one of you even attempt to post a picture of a 'Flat Earth' ?(Not a drawing-i've seen them and they're rubbish). If you where even attempting to hold up your side of the arguement then one of you should have made one by now. It would be easily identified as a fake by all who see it, but show some willing and try.  :D
ttp://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare.php
"The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round. For I have seen the shadow on the moon. And I have more faith in a shadow than in the church". - Ferdinan Magellan

TheEngineer Is A Liar
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2006, 10:17:05 AM »
Round Earthers put forward an image and Flat Earthers say it is distorted, due to an illusion, faked, edited, incomplete, inconclusive, unclear etc.

The Earth: Not A Globe, listed as evidence for FE, conducts experiments in 1881 including measuring the height of flags from a boat 6 miles away and atmospheric distortions suddenly make themselves scarce.

Odd.
he world is round.

TheEngineer Is A Liar
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2006, 10:32:35 AM »
with no one part able to present conclusive scientific evidence to prove their beliefs or disprove thier oponent's, the debate can only ever be hypothetical. This therefore allows a totally freeform debate where any party's evidence - being inconclusive - is not accepted by the other. In order to prevent the entire process from descending into farce, keep youself focussed on the topic i hand. See the topic, be the topic.

'I don't care what you believe; you have to admit that beliefs are odd' the late, great, Bill Hicks.
 am; therefore - i think.

TheEngineer Is A Liar
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2006, 11:40:40 AM »
Quote from: "LiamH"
Quote from: "Erasmus"
Over the past week I've spent about 15 hours on various airplanes -- the ground did not look like a ball or an orange or any other obviously-curved object to me.

The ground would not look like an ball from the height your average plane reaches. You may have been able to see a slight curve far, far away in the distance. But if you are a flat earther or just go with thier theories then you would have dismissed any curve you did see and put it down to water vapour or some  kind of illusion.

As for the Photo taken from a plane/balloon, all pictures showing a curve/round earth are quickly dissmissed by Flat Earthers. They have various reasons why such images are not valid as evidence. If so, why doesn't one of you even attempt to post a picture of a 'Flat Earth' ?(Not a drawing-i've seen them and they're rubbish). If you where even attempting to hold up your side of the arguement then one of you should have made one by now. It would be easily identified as a fake by all who see it, but show some willing and try.  :D

Erasmus is not a flat-Earther.
ttp://theflatearthsociety.org/forums/search.php

"Against criticism a man can neither protest nor defend himself; he must act in spite of it, and then it will gradually yield to him." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

TheEngineer Is A Liar
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2006, 12:17:06 PM »
But if you are a flat earther

I never said he was. Nowhere in his post does he say that he is one neither mention a 'Flat Earth'.

I myself have been on a plane loads of times and by the time we reach a decent altitude with which to attempt to judge the shape of the Earth below in any way, we are in clouds - making it impossible to see.
"The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round. For I have seen the shadow on the moon. And I have more faith in a shadow than in the church". - Ferdinan Magellan

TheEngineer Is A Liar
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2006, 12:32:53 PM »
I just want to see an authentic picture of a flat Earth. :shock:

TheEngineer Is A Liar
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2006, 12:42:31 PM »
But if you are a flat earther

I never said he was. Nowhere in his post does he say that he is one neither mention a 'Flat Earth'.

I myself have been on a plane loads of times and by the time we reach a decent altitude with which to attempt to judge the shape of the Earth below in any way, we are in clouds - making it impossible to see.

The way you worded it implicated that you were assuming he was.
ttp://theflatearthsociety.org/forums/search.php

"Against criticism a man can neither protest nor defend himself; he must act in spite of it, and then it will gradually yield to him." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

TheEngineer Is A Liar
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2006, 01:19:17 PM »
Understood  :D

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
TheEngineer Is A Liar
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2006, 01:43:01 PM »
by the time we reach a decent altitude with which to attempt to judge the shape of the Earth below in any way, we are in clouds - making it impossible to see.

You have had really bad luck with pilots, always in the clouds?  Damn, they must be aiming for them.

-- Bob Hudson

TheEngineer Is A Liar
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2006, 01:56:23 PM »
Quote from: "cheesejoff"

So it must be absolutely positively taken from an airplane, there's no way at all they could have replaced the word "balloon" with "airplane".

And they say flat-Earther's are gullible...

i dont see how it matters, if you're really high up like in the picture you'll see the curve in a plane or balloon.
img]http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/Kamikazefish.png[/img]

TheEngineer Is A Liar
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2006, 02:16:05 PM »
Quote from: "TheEngineer"

You have had really bad luck with pilots, always in the clouds?  Damn, they must be aiming for them.

In the sky there are clouds. Go up high enough and there are clouds all around. Only from a very high place should you be able to accurately view the Earth below and search the horizon for a curve.

From any lower and you will be looking at 'Hills' or 'Mountains' - not the curve

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
TheEngineer Is A Liar
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2006, 02:37:37 PM »

In the sky there are clouds. Go up high enough and there are clouds all around.

Maybe where you live...

-- Bob Hudson

TheEngineer Is A Liar
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2006, 03:01:55 PM »
Hang on - I take back whatever I said. Just take a look at this.

TheEngineer Is A Liar
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2006, 03:03:06 PM »
Dance Penguin Dance!