Why do we let our daughters dress like that?

• 208 Replies
?

17 November

• Flat Earth Believer
Re: Why do we let our daughters dress like that?
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2011, 06:10:59 PM »
99% of priests do not touch boys.
Do you consider yourself catholic?
Why does that matter?
Your comment gave the impression that you were defending the integrity of the papal church.  If that was the case, then I wandered what would have been your motive for making such a statement.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2011, 08:02:34 PM »
What does chivalry have to do with females? Be chivalrous to everyone.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2011, 03:04:43 AM »
I open the door for everybody within reason, and I don't understand why others don't. It's just nice.

Ahh, glad to see that some people maintain proper manners then!

?

Christianrocker90

• Rays Republic
« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2011, 12:58:19 AM »

This just in: Children are getting sexier and that's... just great...

Only if you're a pedophile.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2011, 05:40:29 AM »

Sigh.

?

Christianrocker90

• Rays Republic
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2011, 08:51:15 PM »

Sigh.

You sound like you don't want kids to have an innocence.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2011, 01:47:26 AM »
It's a Family Guy joke, hence the Family Guy picture. I've made my opinions clear on the subject elsewhere in the thread; that is to say that if men respected girls and women then it wouldn't matter what they wore if anything at all. In many places in Africa and Asia children go naked yet the tribesmen don't consider this to be 'sexualising' children.

It is society which reflects upon a child's actions and decides whether they are 'sexualising,' as long as we continue to have in our minds visions of prostitutes nd sexually active adults when we see children dressed up with make-up et al then we impose our visions of sexuality onto children.

Of course I want children to have an innocence [sic] but it is not  children  wearing conventionally adult clothing which damages their innocence but adults' perceptions, interpretations and responses.

You are part of the problem. A girl sees a low-cut top and made-up face as "I will look pretty like 'x' celebrity, all my friends will be so jealous!". It's YOU who then says "That's disgusting, she looks like a prostitute, I will make her change her appearence to protect her modesty!"  

EDIT: oooh typing [x] makes a bulletpoint appear!

« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 04:17:59 AM by Chris Spaghetti »

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2011, 04:08:14 AM »

Sigh.

You sound like you don't want kids to have an innocence.

God knocked mary up when she was 14. If it was wrong he wouldn't do it.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2011, 08:02:47 AM »

ITT: CR90 doesn't understand jokes.

?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2011, 08:25:59 AM »

ITT: CR90 doesn't understand jokes.
I figured he didn't understand jokes ever.

« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2011, 04:15:16 PM »
Its not about how a woman dresses, its about how she acts. Was she raised to think that life is a big television show, does she chase guys that look like Edward and Jacob from Twilight, does she end up dating and marrying an asshole, rejecting all the honorable men along the way. Those are the things of concern, not the mini skirt!!!
JJA voted for Pedro

?

vhu9644

• Round earth supporter
« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2011, 05:03:24 PM »
Its not about how a woman dresses, its about how she acts. Was she raised to think that life is a big television show, does she chase guys that look like Edward and Jacob from Twilight, does she end up dating and marrying an asshole, rejecting all the honorable men along the way. Those are the things of concern, not the mini skirt!!!
thats a matter of oppinion.  some people think it is disrespectful to wear a miniskirt outside, some dont
people i respect: Ski, Oracle, PizzaPlanet, Wendy

« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2011, 10:02:11 PM »
thats a matter of oppinion.  some people think it is disrespectful to wear a miniskirt outside, some dont

Well if a man is offended by miniskirt, chances are he is either gay or Amish lol
JJA voted for Pedro

?

vhu9644

• Round earth supporter
« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2011, 10:43:35 PM »

Well if a man is offended by miniskirt, chances are he is either gay or Amish lol
what if he is the father of the girl (hence the daughter part of the title) and he doesnt want her to show any random man her parts before getting settled down? some people dont like that, you should respect that.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2011, 12:54:19 AM »

what if he is the father of the girl (hence the daughter part of the title) and he doesnt want her to show any random man her parts before getting settled down? some people dont like that, you should respect that.

Maybe he should respect his daughter's decision to make her own choices with her life and body? By all means  he should be able to talk to his daughter, explain how he feels but ultimately the decision is with her, not him.

?

vhu9644

• Round earth supporter
« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2011, 02:01:11 AM »

Maybe he should respect his daughter's decision to make her own choices with her life and body? By all means  he should be able to talk to his daughter, explain how he feels but ultimately the decision is with her, not him.
i know, but my point is, some people find it offensive on how a women dresses, sometimes it can even be worse than how she acts

« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2011, 02:32:47 AM »
You gotta love the looks on fathers faces when a daughter brings a black guy home LOL
JJA voted for Pedro

?

vhu9644

• Round earth supporter
« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2011, 02:36:14 AM »
You gotta love the looks on fathers faces when a daughter brings a black guy home LOL
what if the dad is black...
i dont think you should be posting things about race right here

« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2011, 02:38:01 AM »
what if the dad is black...
i dont think you should be posting things about race right here

Yeah God forbid I make a joke. Your new soft generation makes me wanna die lol
JJA voted for Pedro

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2011, 05:35:09 AM »

i know, but my point is, some people find it offensive on how a women dresses, sometimes it can even be worse than how she acts

So? The problem is with those taking offense, not the woman dressing as she chooses. Some people find same-sex couples offensive, others find mixed-race couples offensive, etc etc.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2011, 07:54:33 AM »

So basically, if she dates cool guys instead of losers like you it's an issue? Gotcha.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2011, 09:07:53 AM »

mini skirt =/= showing her parts

Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2011, 03:29:49 PM »

So basically, if she dates cool guys instead of losers like you it's an issue? Gotcha.

Well I don't know if you can call me a loser sunshine, my sunglasses cost more then your house probably. But yes girls like to date shallow guys especially in America. Shallow guys are less threatening and you can control them easily, another beautiful result of feminism.
JJA voted for Pedro

EnigmaZV

« Reply #113 on: April 19, 2011, 03:50:17 PM »

Well I don't know if you can call me a loser sunshine, my sunglasses cost more then your house probably. But yes girls like to date shallow guys especially in America. Shallow guys are less threatening and you can control them easily, another beautiful result of feminism.

I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2011, 04:32:17 PM »
my sunglasses cost more then your house probably

OOH BURN BECAUSE MONEY IS ALL THAT MATTERS AND HIS HOUSE COSTS LESS THAN ?2.99.

But yes girls like to date shallow guys especially in America. Shallow guys are less threatening and you can control them easily, another beautiful result of feminism.

So all women are controlling manipulative bitches and that's why they go for shallow wanks and not deep, interesting men of honour (like yourself).

You're right, you're perfect, it's just that every woman is wrong and doesn't know what's best for her, unlike her father who is better placed to make decisions for her and always has her best interests at heart. We're building up an interesting portrait of you here.
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>

« Reply #115 on: April 19, 2011, 04:40:32 PM »
Well actually my sunglasses are by Cartier and they cost 3000 dollars because its a solid gold frame. So yes it does cost more them some housing. You can buy a trailer for 800 dollars and live in it all your life.

We are discussing women here, not me. So please stop making personal insults, next time I will report this as harassment.
JJA voted for Pedro

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
« Reply #116 on: April 19, 2011, 04:58:58 PM »
You think me complimenting you in a slightly sarcastic tone constitutes harassment when you asserted that an Elder One lives in <$3000 housing?

Also, $3000 dollars for solid gold glasses, that's just fucking stupid.

Also, I was mainly discussing your disturbing attitude to women, which is very relevant, and which you carefully chose to ignore.

Also, $3000?! They saw you coming from a mile away, probably due in no small part to your stupid sparkly shades.
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>

Ocius

• Official Member
  • Space President
« Reply #117 on: April 19, 2011, 05:16:56 PM »
You think me complimenting you in a slightly sarcastic tone constitutes harassment when you asserted that an Elder One lives in <$3000 housing?

Also, $3000 dollars for solid gold glasses, that's just fucking stupid.

Also, I was mainly discussing your disturbing attitude to women, which is very relevant, and which you carefully chose to ignore.

Also, $3000?! They saw you coming from a mile away, probably due in no small part to your stupid sparkly shades.

You're getting trolled bro dude.

« Reply #118 on: April 19, 2011, 05:31:57 PM »
No he is not getting trolled. Now he is implying that I have a small dick. I wish I can get on camera and show it to you. He can't afford that bling so he is hating. You think its stupid to pay 3K for sunglasses and I think its stupid to shop at Wallmart and having no sense of fashion.

I was pointing out to what women do these days and I was criticizing pop culture that tries to brainwash women, you turned it all against me and stated getting really personal. I will inform John Davis of your action.
JJA voted for Pedro

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #119 on: April 19, 2011, 05:34:32 PM »
OMG, shut up.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.