WARNING: Stay Inside Tonight. (3-19-11)

• 150 Replies

gotham

• Planar Moderator
Re: WARNING: Stay Inside Tonight. (3-19-11)
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2011, 05:20:31 PM »
After you answer that, this will help you.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=11211.0

You are going to need a good base of information to begin with and this FAQ will help get you started.  There are a few items that may undergo some revision, but it will serve you well.

« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2011, 05:26:34 PM »
That's not a good source of information. And the moon is far away, how does that not have anything to do with touching it? The basis of your guy's beilefe is invalid, the theory is purely ignoratnt, and you all are purely stupid.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2011, 05:33:58 PM »
That's not a good source of information. And the moon is far away, how does that not have anything to do with touching it? The basis of your guy's beilefe is invalid, the theory is purely ignoratnt, and you all are purely stupid.

If a tree falls in the woods, does it make a sound?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2011, 05:34:17 PM »
And the moon is far away, how does that not have anything to do with touching it?

Well, obviously the moon is too far away to touch; that's why I'm having trouble understanding, exactly what point were you making by pointing that out?
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Hessy

• My alts: Edgeworth, any/all spambots
« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2011, 05:40:02 PM »
Why there would be a reason for doubt about the significance of a warning is rather a mystery?   

The warning is completely useless and unwarranted as no conclusive evidence has been presented that moonlight is harmful (at least to the degree that a public safety message is necessary).

Let's take some time to review the fallacies in this thread, shall we?

- Hasty Generalization

- Ignoring a Common Cause

- Misleading Vividness

- Appeal to Fear

?

Skooma

• So you're saying the Earth is flat?
« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2011, 09:38:19 PM »
Did my posts get deleted?
I'm still thinking it's possible the moon is made out of space cheese

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2011, 09:39:10 PM »
Did my posts get deleted?

No, they got moved.  Consider it a warning and read the Forum rules, and do not derail any topics in the upper forums with your inane babble again.

That goes to all the new members who participated in derailing this thread (assuming it really was more than one person).  Break the rules again, face a ban.

Enjoy your stay.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 09:40:47 PM by Roundy the Truthinessist »

« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2011, 10:13:52 PM »
Methinks thread is already derailed, sir. Have a lovely day.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2011, 03:15:29 PM »
It does appear that the full moon will arrive across the Earth within the next 24 hrs. 

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2011, 03:34:05 PM »
Actually, this thread is about the "supermoon" that occurs once every 13-18 years or so.  Since that danger is long past (and civilization has not collapsed), I would think that this thread could be unstickied and allowed to die.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2011, 03:37:17 PM »
Good call.  Just wanted to get the word out but your point about this thread is very well taken...lost track of the OP  :-[

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2011, 03:56:11 PM »
Perhaps we should have a sticky topic about the potential dangers of the moon anyway.  Even though the particular message in this thread is obsolete, the moon continues to shine, and people should know about it.

Hessy

« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2011, 04:20:40 PM »
Perhaps we should have a sticky topic about the potential dangers of the moon anyway.  Even though the particular message in this thread is obsolete, the moon continues to shine, and people should know about it.

I think the 'dangers' of moonlight should be substantiated before you make a sticky, lest you wrongly invoke fear in the average midnight stroller.

?

Horatio

• Official Member
« Reply #103 on: May 16, 2011, 04:27:22 PM »
Perhaps we should have a sticky topic about the potential dangers of the moon anyway.  Even though the particular message in this thread is obsolete, the moon continues to shine, and people should know about it.

I think the 'dangers' of moonlight should be substantiated before you make a sticky, lest you wrongly invoke fear in the average midnight stroller.

I agree.

If the dangers can not be proved, this thread should go to random musings, since that has become a precedent.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 04:36:26 PM by Horatio »
How dare you have the audacity to demand my deposition. I've never even heard of you.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2011, 04:38:53 PM »
In the past, Zetetically derived evidence of dangers has been presented and explained?  There has also been mention, if I not mistaken, of reports from hospitals and such of increased physical and mental maladies.

Hessy

« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2011, 05:40:46 PM »
In the past, Zetetically derived evidence of dangers has been presented and explained?  There has also been mention, if I not mistaken, of reports from hospitals and such of increased physical and mental maladies.

None of which lead to an even moderately conclusive idea that moonlight is in any way harmful.

When you do conclusively prove that moonlight is dangerous, I would highly encourage a stickied PSA.  Until then, Horatio is correct.

this thread should go to random musings

?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2011, 06:38:17 PM »
I think the dangers of the moon should be proven before you sticky them.

« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2011, 03:17:48 PM »
I'm sorry that we've not given more time to prepare, but if you have plans this Saturday night I suggest you cancel them.  The moon will be the biggest and brightest its been in twenty years.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/03/18/nasa.moon/index.html

To avoid the harmful moon rays (rays of light from the moon, not moon manta rays), I recommend complete avoidance of the lunar phenomenon.  If you have a bomb shelter, take refuge there with plenty of fresh supplies and a portable radio.  I predict an increased chance of riots that could descend into total anarchy.  Lets hope it does not come to that.  Godspeed everyone.  If you take the proper precautions then you should be safe.

Moon rays? You've got to be kidding me

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2011, 05:05:00 PM »
I'm sorry that we've not given more time to prepare, but if you have plans this Saturday night I suggest you cancel them.  The moon will be the biggest and brightest its been in twenty years.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/03/18/nasa.moon/index.html

To avoid the harmful moon rays (rays of light from the moon, not moon manta rays), I recommend complete avoidance of the lunar phenomenon.  If you have a bomb shelter, take refuge there with plenty of fresh supplies and a portable radio.  I predict an increased chance of riots that could descend into total anarchy.  Lets hope it does not come to that.  Godspeed everyone.  If you take the proper precautions then you should be safe.

Moon rays? You've got to be kidding me

ITT that warning was for the supermoon but please do take time to search the site for empirical evidence relating to other moon concerns.

Hessy

« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2011, 07:28:22 PM »
empirical evidence relating to other moon concerns

...such as?

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #110 on: May 31, 2011, 06:25:33 PM »
empirical evidence relating to other moon concerns

...such as?

In this case, I was citing the physical, mental, and emotional reactions that have been referenced.

Hessy

« Reply #111 on: May 31, 2011, 08:36:15 PM »
In this case, I was citing the physical, mental, and emotional reactions that have been referenced.

...such as?

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #112 on: July 01, 2011, 06:06:57 PM »
There is NO moon out.  Feel free to roam about without protection.  :)

Hessy

« Reply #113 on: July 01, 2011, 07:57:05 PM »
Must... not... take bait...

?

Puttah

« Reply #114 on: July 02, 2011, 08:32:51 PM »
I'm glad that this troll thread isn't a sticky anymore
Scepti, this idiocy needs to stop and it needs to stop right now. You are making a mockery of this fine forum with your poor trolling. You are a complete disgrace.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #115 on: July 03, 2011, 05:26:00 AM »
Correction: The thread was "unstickied" because it relates to a specific date and circumstance.  Another one could replace it that allows a broader sweep of upcoming events.  Suffice it to say that an improper disregard of the issue can have negative consequences.   

Death-T

• Conspiracy theories are my bread and butter.
« Reply #116 on: July 03, 2011, 05:47:02 AM »
Suffice it to say that an improper disregard of the issue can have negative consequences.   

Hell, I'm still waiting for the negative effects to even come about from my exposure to the moon. Weren't there supposed to be immediate effects?
" Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. " - Albert Einstein

" We are imperfect.  We cannot expect perfect government. "  ~William Howard Taft

?

Puttah

« Reply #117 on: July 03, 2011, 06:15:38 AM »
Correction: The thread was "unstickied" because it relates to a specific date and circumstance.  Another one could replace it that allows a broader sweep of upcoming events.  Suffice it to say that an improper disregard of the issue can have negative consequences.   
I appreciate your troll input, but it doesn't make this any less of a troll thread.
Scepti, this idiocy needs to stop and it needs to stop right now. You are making a mockery of this fine forum with your poor trolling. You are a complete disgrace.

?

Verrine

• Friend of Dr Crustinator
« Reply #118 on: July 03, 2011, 06:31:08 AM »
I appreciate your troll input, but it doesn't make this any less of a troll thread.

It has been proven many times that moonlight is harmful.

?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
« Reply #119 on: July 03, 2011, 07:55:18 AM »

It has been proven many times that moonlight is harmful.
Can we see the experiments?