WARNING: Stay Inside Tonight. (3-19-11)

• 150 Replies

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
WARNING: Stay Inside Tonight. (3-19-11)
« on: March 19, 2011, 02:15:31 AM »
I'm sorry that we've not given more time to prepare, but if you have plans this Saturday night I suggest you cancel them.  The moon will be the biggest and brightest its been in twenty years.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/03/18/nasa.moon/index.html

To avoid the harmful moon rays (rays of light from the moon, not moon manta rays), I recommend complete avoidance of the lunar phenomenon.  If you have a bomb shelter, take refuge there with plenty of fresh supplies and a portable radio.  I predict an increased chance of riots that could descend into total anarchy.  Lets hope it does not come to that.  Godspeed everyone.  If you take the proper precautions then you should be safe.

?

Puttah

Re: WARNING: Stay Inside Tonight. (3-19-11)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 03:09:34 AM »
I'm sorry that we've not given more time to prepare, but if you have plans this Saturday night I suggest you cancel them.  The moon will be the biggest and brightest its been in twenty years.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/03/18/nasa.moon/index.html

To avoid the harmful moon rays (rays of light from the moon, not moon manta rays), I recommend complete avoidance of the lunar phenomenon.  If you have a bomb shelter, take refuge there with plenty of fresh supplies and a portable radio.  I predict an increased chance of riots that could descend into total anarchy.  Lets hope it does not come to that.  Godspeed everyone.  If you take the proper precautions then you should be safe.

I hope the FES take heed of this warning. Your esteem and numbers are far too fragile to let something as tragic as moon cancer to kill you off.

In the meantime, I'll be hoping that these clouds disappear...
Scepti, this idiocy needs to stop and it needs to stop right now. You are making a mockery of this fine forum with your poor trolling. You are a complete disgrace.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 05:28:56 AM »
Pongo, thank you for your upstanding warning. I have stickied this thread so that as many people may read it as possible! Here are some tips I compiled during the last major Moon crisis (the so-called Super Harvest Moon of September 2010) in order to reduce the likelyhood of going blind or insane:

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=42785.0
Our scientists have determined that prolonged exposure to the Moon's rays can be damaging to plants, humans and animals. It is possible to read more on the following links:
http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/za29.htm#fr_32
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=36906.0
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=31831.0

Exposure to the Moon is known to cause tissue damage, especially to the eyes and brain in humans, which can result in blindness, mental perturbation or even death.

Since I am aware that during the course of our astronomical debates, members of the forums often feel impelled to examine the Moon, and may be particularly so inclined during this strange period of the Moon's behaviour, I am posting a series of precautionary guidelines so that a safe attitude towards the Moon may be taken.

On its website, NASA, in its ignorance at the true nature of the Moon, is recklessly encouraging members of the public to sit all night watching the Moon: http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2010/22sep_harvestmoon/

However, this should not be attempted except with the most stringent safety measures.

NB: Moonlight in any quantity may be dangerous to your health - during the Super-harvest Moon it may be safer to stay indoors entirely and avoid exposure.

When viewing the Moon, or expecting to face exposure to the Moon, please try to follow these procedures:

• Wear sunglasses - Dark glasses may protect your eyes, which are particularly sensitive, from Moon rays which can damage your eyes.
  • Cover any exposed skin - Cases of Moonlight exposure to bare skin can be particularly severe. Always wear long sleeves, gloves and a hat. A balaclava or thick scarf can protect your nose, mouth, cheeks and ears from the Moon.
  • Don't stay out too long - The damage caused by exposure to the Moon increases over time. Try and make sure you are able to return to your home promptly after an episode of Moon exposure, and make sure that you are not exposed for more time than is absolutely necessary.

Even if you are not planning to spend any time outside during the evenings of this dangerous week, you may find the following tips helpful:

• Protect your home - Moonlight can seep in through uncovered windows, doors and skylights. Make sure that you have thick curtains, or, better still, shutters on major windows which are likely to face the Moon. You may find it useful to tape reflective material, such as aluminium foil (shiny side out) on gaps in your home, or even on the windows themselves, in order to improve Moon-protection further.
  • Make sure your pets are safe - The Moon can hurt animals just as much as humans. Consider bringing your pets indoors during the evening, or if you intend to let them roam the night, you may want to wrap them up in protective clothing just as you did with yourself!
  • Watch out for plants - Moonlight can putrefy many varieties of unsuspecting garden plant. Most flowers close their petals at night in order to protect them from Moon rays, but during the Super-harvest Moon this may not be enough. You may want to cover even self-defending flowers and other plants with aluminium foil or another protective material.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

spanner34.5

• feck arse drink
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 05:43:28 AM »
I have a theory that a concentrated salve made from rhubarb will give some protection. If anyone is prepared to take the risk and try this ointment, please let me know the outcome.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 05:45:39 AM by spanner34.5 »
My I.Q. is 85. Or was it 58?

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 05:55:49 AM »
Just a note of thanks for the warning, tips and guidelines for safety.  I will be spending time in the zone of maximum exposure for a time.

?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 01:52:03 PM »
So what you're saying is, all the crazies will be staying inside tonight, so this the perfect night to go out. It'll be all normal people.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 03:14:48 PM »
I ckecked and the moon was not big enough to touch. As a precation I wore my usualy tin foil underclothes.

?

Puttah

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 07:12:01 PM »
I ckecked and the moon was not big enough to touch. As a precation I wore my usualy tin foil underclothes.
It's pretty sad that some people actually do this.
I can't see the moon tonight, we're having storms where I'm living. Can the moon light penetrate thick cloud cover?
Scepti, this idiocy needs to stop and it needs to stop right now. You are making a mockery of this fine forum with your poor trolling. You are a complete disgrace.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 10:02:29 PM »
WHY THE HELL IS THIS A STICKY TOPIC!? ive seen saner posts removed faster

?

Puttah

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 10:16:21 PM »
WHY THE HELL IS THIS A STICKY TOPIC!? ive seen saner posts removed faster
Haven't you realized yet? This entire forum is a troll-fest.

?

vhu9644

• Round earth supporter
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 12:55:57 AM »
i went outside, im worried now!!!!!!

not, im perfectly fine
people i respect: Ski, Oracle, PizzaPlanet, Wendy

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 07:24:53 AM »
Wow, the super-moon was so close that I swear that I could hear the moon shrimp munching on the moon bacteria.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

berny_74

• The IceWall! Beat that
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 08:06:06 AM »
Wow, the super-moon was so close that I swear that I could hear the moon shrimp munching on the moon bacteria.

Did you hear the moon-lions roar?

Berny
RAWR
To be fair, sometimes what FE'ers say makes so little sense that it's hard to come up with a rebuttal.
Moonlight is good for you.

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 08:07:23 AM »
i went outside, im worried now!!!!!!

not, im perfectly fine
I just smoked a cigarette.
I didn't die.
Cigarettes are safe, guys, medical professionals are just trying to rip you off.
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 09:17:31 AM »

Did you hear the moon-lions roar?

Now that you mention it, maybe it was the moon lions munching on the moon shrimp.  I suppose that I'll have to meditate and see if I can establish a telepathic connection to confirm it one way or the other.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 04:35:28 PM »
I didn't see this thread... so I watched the supermoonrise, and now I'm mentally perturbed. 
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 04:38:39 PM »
Cigarettes are safe, guys, medical professionals are just trying to rip you off.

True. Cigarette filter tips were invented by the corporate cigarette giants who wanted to sell more cigarettes with filter tips to women and doctors.

?

Kira-SY

• Ja pierdole!
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 04:54:31 PM »
I went out partying as every saturday, and I'm perfectly fine.
Signature under building process, our apologies for the inconveniences

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 05:55:24 PM »
stupid forum has no credibility

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2011, 07:47:24 PM »

You must have been hearing something on earth, a void seperates the moon from the earth.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 08:07:33 PM »
Last night, I spent some time sitting on my new back porch, trying to enjoy the evening.  It was my first night in my new house and I wanted to enjoy the new setting.

After a few minutes of sitting there I looked up, and there was the supermoon, right before my eyes.  My eyes fixed on it, mesmerized.  It was an exceedingly clear night and the moon was shining brightly; there was even a halo around it.

I should have remembered what I've read on these forums and heeded the warnings.  After just a couple minutes staring straight up at the moon I got exceedingly dizzy.  I had to retire inside and lie down.

I noticed at the time that my muscles were dully aching.

Today, I woke up extremely sore, all over my body.  And as the day wore on it only got worse.  I'm so sore now I'm having trouble typing this message.  Only the duty I feel to warn others is keeping me going.

Wake up to the evidence people!  The danger of the moon is not to be taken lightly!
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2011, 08:12:38 PM »

You must have been hearing something on earth, a void seperates the moon from the earth.

It is generally accepted that space is not a perfect vacuum.

spanner34.5

• feck arse drink
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2011, 02:00:47 AM »
As an experiment, over the weekend, I ingested stewed rhubarb. The rhubarb had been obtained from the rhubarb triangle. I decided to abstain from the rhubarb salve.  Any theories whether ingesting rhubarb is a protection.

I must add that I feel quite well this morning.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 02:02:29 AM by spanner34.5 »
My I.Q. is 85. Or was it 58?

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2011, 02:21:37 AM »
It is generally accepted that space is not a perfect vacuum.
Which conclusively proves that mankind has never landed on the Moon, as we would have heard them and their actions. Thank you for your contribution!

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2011, 03:53:09 AM »
I was out under the moon for a long period of time and since then I have had incredibly improved eyesight and muscles.  My physical capacities have increased tenfold as well, this is truly amazing.
Recently listened to:

Hessy

• My alts: Edgeworth, any/all spambots
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2011, 05:51:34 AM »
dizzy.
aching.
sore, all over my body.

evidence people!

Symptoms:  Dizziness, aching muscles, muscle soreness.

If your first impulse is to blame the moon, you'd make a terrible doctor.

Ever try something like this?

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2011, 05:58:11 AM »
Ever try something like this?
According to this website, having warm testicles can only be associated with cellulitis. Doesn't look very credible to me.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2011, 07:31:56 AM »
If you expose your flesh to the Moon, especially your loins, they are likely to become cold. Coldness of flesh is a symptom of Lunar damage (see Rowbotham's relevant chapter, in which the Moon-chill is attested by a number of sources). I do not recommend exposing yourself to the Moon.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

Ocius

• Official Member
  • Space President
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2011, 07:36:27 AM »
If you expose your flesh to the Moon, especially your loins, they are likely to become cold. Coldness of flesh is a symptom of Lunar damage (see Rowbotham's relevant chapter, in which the Moon-chill is attested by a number of sources). I do not recommend exposing yourself to the Moon.

I went outside to get food during that night with my roommate and noticed no harmful effects.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2011, 07:44:49 AM »
I was out under the moon for a long period of time and since then I have had incredibly improved eyesight and muscles.  My physical capacities have increased tenfold as well, this is truly amazing.

It could be some kind of harmful mutative or intoxicative effect.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord