WARNING: Stay Inside Tonight. (3-19-11)

• 150 Replies
Re: WARNING: Stay Inside Tonight. (3-19-11)
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2011, 12:31:46 AM »
The moon is beautiful and I could spend hours staring at it, which I do frequently, along with my friends. None of us or anyone I knew and nobody I have heard of have ever gotten remotely sick from being in moonlight, which is very beautiful.

I have to lay off that sun staring habit however.

?

Horatio

• Official Member
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2011, 02:46:05 PM »
The moon is beautiful and I could spend hours staring at it, which I do frequently, along with my friends. None of us or anyone I knew and nobody I have heard of have ever gotten remotely sick from being in moonlight, which is very beautiful.

According to FE science, staring at the sun is a healthy habit. It is encouraged.
How dare you have the audacity to demand my deposition. I've never even heard of you.

Hessy

• My alts: Edgeworth, any/all spambots
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2011, 09:30:08 AM »

According to FE science, staring at the sun is a healthy habit. It is encouraged.

After all, the Sun puts out fires and reverses the damage that the Moon does so as not to tip us globularists off.

« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2011, 07:48:46 AM »
I was eating a dinner in the moon light it was big indeed and red in The Netherlands Rotterdam.

Bed i have some brain damage now and don't believe the earth is flat haha.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2011, 07:51:24 AM »
I was eating a dinner in the moon light it was big indeed and red in The Netherlands Rotterdam.

Clearly something got damaged judging by your second statement.
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2011, 07:56:31 AM »

Yea true, its proof the earth is flat and that the moon light dmg's your brain.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2011, 08:14:10 AM »

Yea true, its proof the earth is flat and that the moon light dmg's your brain.

I have never seen moon light make a disk image file of someones brain. This sounds very serious, I think Pongo should investigate this.
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2011, 05:54:57 PM »
Origins of the word 'lunacy'. 

http://dictionary.reference.com/etymology/lunacy

'Lunacy - 1540s, "condition of being a lunatic," formed in English from lunatic (q.v.). Originally in ref. to intermittent periods of insanity, such as were believed to be triggered by the moon's cycle.'

Hessy

« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2011, 06:22:06 PM »
Origins of the word 'lunacy'. 

http://dictionary.reference.com/etymology/lunacy

'Lunacy - 1540s, "condition of being a lunatic," formed in English from lunatic (q.v.). Originally in ref. to intermittent periods of insanity, such as were believed to be triggered by the moon's cycle.'

Your point being...?

The fact remains that the 'evidence' that James (and others) have posted don't hold up to the gross hyperbole you've been spouting out concerning the "dangers of moonlight".

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2011, 06:39:50 PM »
I found it interesting that there is a history of recognizing the mental effects as well as the physical effects.  I was not aware words were even originated to reflect this.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 02:38:50 PM by gotham »

Hmm

« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2011, 07:23:47 PM »
NASA said that the moon was going to be bigger but we all know that they are liars because they have logical proof that the earth is round.
Lie Lie Lie... Lie Lie Lie... Lie Lie Lie...
Lie Lie Lie... Lie Lie Lie... Lie Lie Lie...

Hessy

« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2011, 05:15:08 AM »
I found it interesting that there is a history of recognizing the mental affects as well as the physical affects.  I was not aware words were even originated to reflect this.

While interesting, it signifies nothing.  It only shows a history of ignorance with regards to moonlight and its supposed "effects".

The fact remains that the 'evidence' that James (and others) have posted don't hold up to the gross hyperbole you've been spouting out concerning the "dangers of moonlight".

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2011, 02:38:16 PM »
I found it interesting that there is a history of recognizing the mental affects as well as the physical affects.  I was not aware words were even originated to reflect this.

While interesting, it signifies nothing.  It only shows a history of ignorance with regards to moonlight and its supposed "effects".

Well, I do know better, thanks!  I wonder why a spell checker doesn't pick that up?

Hessy

« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2011, 03:58:29 PM »
Well, I do know better, thanks!  I wonder why a spell checker doesn't pick that up?

???

You know a troll is getting angry from their failure when they attack someone's grammar, especially when they do so incorrectly.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2011, 04:06:21 PM »

???

You know a troll is getting angry from their failure when they attack someone's grammar, especially when they do so incorrectly.

???

Well now you really confuse me.  I was just thanking you for correcting me?   I made no intended attack of any sort and I don't even get the troll reference...but thanks again for helping anyway.

Hessy

« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2011, 04:43:03 PM »
Didn't realize you misspelled "effect"... :X

And I didn't mean to correct you, I meant to emphasize (with quotations) that moonlight doesn't really have any significant effect on humans/plants/animals/etc.

« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2011, 11:04:37 AM »
I'm sorry that we've not given more time to prepare, but if you have plans this Saturday night I suggest you cancel them.  The moon will be the biggest and brightest its been in twenty years.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/03/18/nasa.moon/index.html

To avoid the harmful moon rays (rays of light from the moon, not moon manta rays), I recommend complete avoidance of the lunar phenomenon.  If you have a bomb shelter, take refuge there with plenty of fresh supplies and a portable radio.  I predict an increased chance of riots that could descend into total anarchy.  Lets hope it does not come to that.  Godspeed everyone.  If you take the proper precautions then you should be safe.

so, given that absolutely nothing at all happened, no riots & certainly no anarchy, and since life has lived and propagated on earth for billions of years, don't you feel a bit stupid spouting about bomb shelters to hide from moon rays, or are you seriously that messed up inside?

Hessy

« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2011, 05:37:22 AM »
are you seriously that messed up inside?

Answer your own question, it's an easy one.

?

Puttah

« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2011, 07:03:23 AM »
Any reason why this troll thread is a sticky?
Scepti, this idiocy needs to stop and it needs to stop right now. You are making a mockery of this fine forum with your poor trolling. You are a complete disgrace.

Hessy

« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2011, 09:25:39 AM »
Any reason why this troll thread is a sticky?

Mods be trollin', too.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2011, 04:40:09 PM »
I was going to speak with playful language and say something like "this thread is as serious as a day is long" or the like but I will refrain and just say that this IS a serious thread and should be stickied for good reason because the warning is sincere. 

Hessy

« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2011, 03:26:41 AM »
I was going to speak with playful language and say something like "this thread is as serious as a day is long" or the like but I will refrain and just say that this IS a serious thread and should be stickied for good reason because the warning is sincere. 

The warning is completely useless and unwarranted as no conclusive evidence has been presented that moonlight is harmful (at least to the degree that a public safety message is necessary).

Hessy

« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2011, 09:53:23 AM »
Let's take some time to review the fallacies in this thread, shall we?

- Hasty Generalization

- Ignoring a Common Cause

- Misleading Vividness

- Appeal to Fear

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2011, 04:10:16 PM »
To be honest, it is encouraging that asleyjenny found this thread while researching the subject. To those that have not understood the worthiness of the warning, it is important to note that there is documentation of personal experience related to this subject.  Why there would be a reason for doubt about the significance of a warning is rather a mystery?   

« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2011, 04:38:31 PM »
Please for the love of god tell me that all of you people that find this "flat Earth" seriously, are just fucking with people. When someone go's to space and sees that Earth is round how are you gonna tell me that it's flat? And the moon does not release rays. Those "lunar rays" are in fact sun rays hitting the moon and bouncing off of it. Solar rays can give you cancer, however, the solar rays hit the moon at a high concentration and diminish as they reflect off the moon. So, there is not enough solar --solar not lunar-- rays and radiation to have any effect what so ever on people or animals on Earth. The moon is also 1,000s of miles away from Earth, so if you try to touch it then you're an idiot. Thank you everyone on this so called forum, for giving me an awesome laugh.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2011, 04:47:48 PM »
The moon is also 1,000s of miles away from Earth, so if you try to touch it then you're an idiot.

Come again?  ???
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2011, 04:55:50 PM »
I'll just say it in an easier way. The Moon is very far from Earth, so you cannot hear anything from the moon. And there is no moon lions or moon shrimp on the moon. And really it's just plain sad to actually believe any of this. There is, also, no rift in between the moon and Earth, so the thing that guy that said he heard "moon shrimp" actually heard was most likely wind. You wanna know why? BECAUSE HE'S ON EARTH!

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2011, 05:04:03 PM »
I'll just say it in an easier way. The Moon is very far from Earth, so you cannot hear anything from the moon. And there is no moon lions or moon shrimp on the moon. And really it's just plain sad to actually believe any of this. There is, also, no rift in between the moon and Earth, so the thing that guy that said he heard "moon shrimp" actually heard was most likely wind. You wanna know why? BECAUSE HE'S ON EARTH!

Greetings!

Do mind revealing the source of your information?  You do seem quite convinced that what you believe is correct?

« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2011, 05:13:36 PM »
How about this, you reveal what ever nonsense "facts" you have on you theory before telling me to reveal my some 1000 year old facts. It would make more since, which is nesecarry for this forum.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2011, 05:18:15 PM »

What does any of this have to do with trying to touch the moon?
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?