Supermoon Concerns

• 10 Replies

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Quantum Ab Hoc
Supermoon Concerns
« on: March 11, 2011, 09:52:26 AM »
I for one will be buying an extra package of baking soda as well as baking my special bread to combat personal effects I guess will happen.

What about you?

gotham

• Planar Moderator
Re: Supermoon Concerns
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 01:52:16 PM »
If too much exposure is unavoidable, I tend to experience an energy drain with occasional weight loss so I make up a pan of calorie packed bars and take quite a large vitamin pill labeled "Energy" on the bottle. 

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 04:53:05 PM »
My only supermoon concern is the seemingly-related seismic activity.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

John Davis

• Administrator
  • Quantum Ab Hoc
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 05:53:08 AM »
And like clockwork the other day I had to start taking my baking soda regiment.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 03:10:11 PM »
Tomorrow, my wife wants to walk down to see the full moon over the ocean so I have started a regimen of the vitamins and energy bars. It will be interesting to see if others are out and wearing a night cap. 

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 05:44:29 PM »
Perhaps this is another reason for the vicious attack on brother James.
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 07:25:24 AM »
I have been keeping an eye on my cat, as he spends a lot of time outdoors. An unusual amount of hair loss, but not nearly as much as during last year's Super Harvest Moon.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 04:10:19 AM »
James is certainly a cherished member of our Brotherhood, and I consider him to be one of the most creative and innovative thinkers in the Flat Earth Society. As for whether or not it is "silly" to talk about the Moon's harmful effects, I too was initially of that opinion. However, as someone with a history of stomach and nasal problems, after reading John's original comments about his 'baking soda regime', I began to take note of when I suffered from increased acidity or nasal congestion. I reasoned that as these problems tend to be aggravated by minor or seemingly unrelated problems, they would probably be affected should Moonlight have any notably harmful effects.

I was surprised to find that I experienced a very apparent correspondence between the waxing and waning gibbous and increased stomach acidity and nasal congestion. It was also noticable that the degree of correspondence was strongly linked to cloud cover, the aetheric cycle and the extent of my exposure. The evidence is only anecdotal, and both problems are so sensitive that a proper, controlled experiment would be very difficult for me to perform myself (especially given the unpredictable weather here). However, I for one am throughly convinced that James has done us all a service by reigniting the debate about the Moon's capacity to cause harm.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 04:12:20 AM by Lord Wilmore »
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 11:37:51 PM »
I think Patrick was talking about the duck that tried to bite my face recently, but nonetheless thank you all for your continued support.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

John Davis

• Administrator
  • Quantum Ab Hoc
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 02:42:13 PM »
I was surprised to find that I experienced a very apparent correspondence between the waxing and waning gibbous and increased stomach acidity and nasal congestion. It was also noticable that the degree of correspondence was strongly linked to cloud cover, the aetheric cycle and the extent of my exposure. The evidence is only anecdotal, and both problems are so sensitive that a proper, controlled experiment would be very difficult for me to perform myself (especially given the unpredictable weather here). However, I for one am throughly convinced that James has done us all a service by reigniting the debate about the Moon's capacity to cause harm.
Recently, due to a queue from markjo I've been paying a lot more attention to it, and indeed it does seem the aetheric cycle and cloud cover has some part to play. 

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 10:37:03 AM »
The Moon's moistness is one of its key pathologies. The Ancient Egyptians knew that moisture was a fundamental decaying force, therefore they preserved their dead by drying them and housing them in the desert. Dried food was also left for these gentlemen, as wet foods like grapes and fresh meat would increase the decay of their mortal bodies.  As both Lardner (1854-6: pp. 114-115) and Charles Dickens (in Rowbotham, 1881: p. 144) have observed, the Moon's moistening power is counterbalanced by the drying power of the Sun.

It is no mistake that the Ancient Egyptians worshipped Ra, the god of the Sun Disc (and, during the Amarna heresy, the Sun-deity of Atenism), no doubt in part because of his powers of drying and thereby providing and preserving life. The pyramids of the great Pharaohs were aligned with heliological trajectories in the sky in order to harness the Sun's drying and immortalising powers.

We can learn much from the Ancient Egyptians about our attitudes towards celestial bodies.

Lardner, D. (1854-6) 'The Museum of Science and Art', London: Walton and Maberly.
Dickens, C. All the Year Round cited in Rowbotham, S. B. (1881) 'Earth Not a Globe...', Third Edition, London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901