Montana is sounding better everyday.

• 86 Replies

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
Re: Montana is sounding better everyday.
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2011, 06:11:46 PM »
How did you arrive at the conclusion that the students were forced to join the protests?
This.
Also, how did you come to the conclusion that these high school students didn't understand?

You'd have to watch the video.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 06:16:34 PM by WardoggKC130FE »

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2011, 06:25:21 PM »

I did. I just didn't realize you were making a conclusion about the entire group based on a few people.
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

Ocius

• Official Member
  • Space President
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2011, 06:26:22 PM »
I propose we pass a bill that models our moral system after the people of Minas Tirith. They are considerably more virtuous than cowboys. Just look how they fucked up the orcs while they were outnumbered.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2011, 06:27:13 PM »

I did. I just didn't realize you were making a conclusion about the entire group based on a few people.

Where there is smoke....there is fire.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2011, 06:37:36 PM »

Except that people are individuals with individual ambitions and goals. Fire is just fire. It's not a fair analogy.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2011, 07:02:58 PM »
It's not a fair analogy.

Not for someone that will not change his view about something even when physical evidence is provided. 

Man....now I know how you guys feel when we debate about evolution.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2011, 07:08:38 PM »
It's not a fair analogy.

Not for someone that will not change his view about something even when physical evidence is provided.

Not when it represents a diverse population as a collection of people who are exactly the same. Using this logic, all humans are albinos because a few are. It's absurd.

And what are you referring to about the evidence?
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

Ocius

• Official Member
  • Space President
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2011, 07:09:25 PM »
It's not a fair analogy.

Man....now I know how you guys feel when we debate about evolution.

That's a pretty big point to concede over a small argument that you won't care about in a month.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2011, 07:10:08 PM »
It's not a fair analogy.

Not when it represents a diverse population as a collection of people who are exactly the same. Using this logic, all humans are albinos because a few are. It's absurd.

And what are you referring to about the evidence?

I provided a video that backed up the claim.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2011, 07:15:44 PM »
I provided a video that backed up the claim.
The same video we're already scrutinizing? The video that showed two people who were clueless?

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2011, 07:17:37 PM »

You think those kids actually cared about the UNION concerns?

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2011, 07:28:09 PM »

"How could they possibly care about something I don't care about???"

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2011, 07:29:19 PM »
One facepalm after another.  You are on a roll tonite!!

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2011, 07:29:40 PM »
I gave a shit about things at that age, but speculation is irrelevant and misleading.

They were there because they cared about their teachers and about their treatment under the school policies and the union. Those two people just didn't know the nature of the perceived mistreatment.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 07:31:21 PM by ﮎingulaЯiτy »

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2011, 07:34:39 PM »
I gave a shit about things at that age

But you sir, are a scholar and a gentleman.  Have you seen todays youth?   ;)

We were never that bad at that age, were we?

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2011, 07:51:59 PM »
Have you seen today's youth?   ;)
Are you referring to a generalization of young apathetic students, from the context of a political protest?  ???

We were never that bad at that age, were we?
Bad in what way?  ???

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2011, 07:54:29 PM »
Have you seen today's youth?   ;)
Are you referring to a generalization of young apathetic students, from the context of a political protest?  ???

It was a joke.  Isn't that what is said about every youthful generation.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2011, 08:00:15 PM »
Again, you're generalizing individuals from a group stereotype. There are many young people who truly care about politics and social issues. You just can't seem to accept that.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2011, 02:32:10 AM »
on every demonstration there are people who don't understand what it is about, you got a point too?
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

Lorddave

« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2011, 03:07:15 AM »
Holy fuck are you guys clueless. I guess if you don't work with teenagers you don't understand them. Allow me to shed some light on the situation:

A small group of students decided to protest and they sent text messages to their friends telling them of their plans. Those friends told their friends. Gossip and word of mouth spread and soon the whole school knew that some people were protesting poor treatment of teachers or something.
Now, it is standard policy to not discuss such political things with students. By that I mean teachers don't usually stand up in class and talk about proposed cuts that could cause a lot of teachers to lose their jobs. And while it is likely public knowlege, they're teenagers. Most of them aren't attending the board meetings or reading the local paper.
However, when they get a text like "protest at 2:00pm" from a friend, they'll likely follow the crowd.

As for "The teachers brought us here" ,which I assume is wardogg's proof that teachers forced students there (not sure how you force them bu whatever) , that statement is not a literal one but instead stating that the issues the teachers are having brought us here.

So wardogg, please Lrn2teenager
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2011, 09:07:47 PM »
Well warrdog wants those teachers to lose their jobs. As an unskilled worker he has no desire for anyone to maintain a union job at a decent pay and will cast his vote for the tea party.

I call you an unskilled worker because you were trained on the job and belong to no union, not on the basis of your aptitude.

Lorddave

« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2011, 02:50:04 AM »
Well warrdog wants those teachers to lose their jobs. As an unskilled worker he has no desire for anyone to maintain a union job at a decent pay and will cast his vote for the tea party.

I call you an unskilled worker because you were trained on the job and belong to no union, not on the basis of your aptitude.
He also lacks a college education and is over the age of 25. He fits the definition of unskilled labor perfectly.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2011, 04:24:25 AM »

No I want the teachers to get back to work.

I am an unskilled worker....I have no idea what the hell im going to do after retiring from the Corps.

Lorddave

« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2011, 06:29:01 AM »

What work? They're protesting because many of them won't have a job come July.  How would you feel if Obama said that we're cutting 25% of all marines and you were being discharged?

I am an unskilled worker....I have no idea what the hell im going to do after retiring from the Corps.
What? No pension?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 06:33:01 AM by Lorddave »

berny_74

• The IceWall! Beat that
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2011, 08:39:59 AM »

Learn a trade in the Corps.

My dad straight from retiring from the military to sales in a company providing WAN/LAN (pre-nice internet stuff) using the knowledge he gained in the military running WAN/LAN.
Now retired he manages a food bank.  I think his time in the military gave him a different world view than you though.

Berny
Ah remembering the days of the WANG and the AES computers.
To be fair, sometimes what FE'ers say makes so little sense that it's hard to come up with a rebuttal.
Moonlight is good for you.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2011, 11:26:46 PM »

The tea party has a new bill in the works in my area. They want to remove legally binding arbitration between the city and the firefighter/police union. Since the firemen and police have signed non strike clauses in their contracts, the city would be able to do literally whatever they wanted with no recourse.

Do you really believe the tea party looks out for the working man? Warrdog, if you don't gain an education you can at best hope for a union job when you leave the corps (and even with a college education that is the best some can do) voting for the tea party is a great way to lose even that opportunity. The rich have nothing to gain from paying you a decent wage, and a union has everything to gain from getting you a few more bucks an hour. Who do you put your trust in?

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2011, 04:18:44 PM »
I have no idea what the hell im going to do after retiring from the Corps.

Killin' Spree!

Infamy is forever!