A real topic

• 32 Replies

Ocius

• Official Member
  • Space President
Re: A real topic
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2011, 11:07:09 PM »
I remember once I felt something like the darkness that Bill Zeller was talking about. But I managed to just let it go. That story was really sad, but everyone is wired differently. It's hard to tell how your experiences would affect someone else. Something that would make me suicidal might seem trivial to you and vice versa. However, I think conquering your fears and your personal demons yourself can bring a great deal of satisfaction and will make you nigh indestructible if you manage to overcome them. At least make an honest effort before you have fun. And by honest effort, I mean years of trial and error of trying to find out what will improve your state of mind.

I've also found that people who are suicidal or depressed often don't appear to be in that state of mind at all. My roommate is an example. He's a cool guy and we go out and do stuff pretty often. He likes the same stuff I like and is usually in really good spirits. Then one night he was drunk and he let all of his personal shit out about how he was depressed and almost suicidal. It came as a huge shock because I never would have expected that of him. After hearing about all of these cases of seemingly normal people who are even thinking about suicide as an option, it really scares me. How many people are like this? Is it just part of being human to contemplate suicide at times? If anything, hearing about all of these cases causes me to be even more stoic and thankful that I have the fortitude to deal with life's challenges.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2011, 12:18:32 AM »
You'll probably most often find those people who put up the good facade are like that because they don't wish to burden others with their troubles.  Probably the only reason I've even said anything in this thread is due to a somewhat degree of anonymity (although a few of you kinda sorta know me offsite).  shrug
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2011, 03:10:47 AM »
Whose decision, ultimately, should it be for someone to die anyway, if not for one's self? 

Anyone's, who makes such a decision.
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good