• 26 Replies
?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
make some power moves
« on: February 06, 2011, 09:35:22 PM »
can you provide HARD evidence???

the society should invest in sending high powered telescopes in a helium balloon to show objects so far away that it would blow RET out of the water. (or simialry something equally as good to send a powerful message to the world that the earth is flat) somebody could have a beacon and you can use a remote operated telescope to view it. better still just stand on the east coast of america and view ireland. you can then make video evidence. i dont see why the society cant raise $1 million by a few of you clubbing together the investment would be worth it.

but dont forget to do it in secret otherwise the goverment may take it or shoot it down.

surely you can club together and prove you are right once and for all?
 in fact why dont you sell your home to fund it or something similar! think how famous you would be by proving the world was flat. the posibilities are endless if you can prove it. blackmailing NASA is a good start! i would propose the flat earthers here should make some serious moves. you want to be laughed at or to be taken seriously? the proof you all provide from google and wiki isnt worth anything. infact all you see here is a bunch of text and pasted graphs and anybody can mock these.

do some work and get reconised. right now you only have a forum and a crappy one at that where people just come on here to take the piss out of you

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
Re: make some power moves
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 05:20:46 PM »

the society should invest in sending high powered telescopes in a helium balloon to show objects so far away that it would blow RET out of the water. (or simialry something equally as good to send a powerful message to the world that the earth is flat) somebody could have a beacon and you can use a remote operated telescope to view it. better still just stand on the east coast of america and view ireland. you can then make video evidence. i dont see why the society cant raise $1 million by a few of you clubbing together the investment would be worth it.

but dont forget to do it in secret otherwise the goverment may take it or shoot it down.

I was looking at the FE encyclopedia that is on the bottom of Tom Bishop's posts.

Somewhere in there was the exact thing you were talking about. Someone sent up a high altitude balloon nearly to space and took pictures from up there something like 29,000m high. And guess what? The earth looks round, because of the spotlight action of the sun on the earth, the spotlight lights up a round area on the flat earth. Making it appear the earth is round.
 I forget exactly where I saw that experiment in the encyclopedia, but it is very cool.

I am working on my own experiment. My brother in law has a good telecope, and a water front farm. I am going to look and see if I can view the opposite shore line from 3 miles away. I will post the results when I get them.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 05:49:47 PM »

really you need 4 miles or more to test it properly :/ thing is though with the telescopes about these days people should of already noticed! be good to see a strong zoom wating a ship go over the horizon
 I was looking at the FE encyclopedia that is on the bottom of Tom Bishop's posts.

Somewhere in there was the exact thing you were talking about. Someone sent up a high altitude balloon nearly to space and took pictures from up there something like 29,000m high. And guess what? The earth looks round, because of the spotlight action of the sun on the earth, the spotlight lights up a round area on the flat earth. Making it appear the earth is round.
 I forget exactly where I saw that experiment in the encyclopedia, but it is very cool.

I am working on my own experiment. My brother in law has a good telecope, and a water front farm. I am going to look and see if I can view the opposite shore line from 3 miles away. I will post the results when I get them.

silver

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 11:10:18 PM »
Remember to perform multiple experiments in varying weather and temperaturs, as these have been proven to affect the result. This is the reason that we dismiss the experiment performed by the FE messiah, that Rowbotham dude.

?

Puttah

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 03:22:26 AM »
The earth looks round, because of the spotlight action of the sun on the earth, the spotlight lights up a round area on the flat earth. Making it appear the earth is round.
Sure, if the sun is directly behind your telescope then you'll see a lit area that is round, which can either mean the sun is creating a spotlight effects on a flat earth, or the earth is round. We can't decide yet.
If you take a picture of the Earth when the land underneath is experiencing late evening / early night, then you'll see half a lit circle. The spotlight effect doesn't explain this, because you should instead be seeing a spotlight out in the distance, with the edge of the spotlight directly underneath your telescope. Same thing applies if you take a picture at midnight, it will be dark, with no spotlight in sight.
Scepti, this idiocy needs to stop and it needs to stop right now. You are making a mockery of this fine forum with your poor trolling. You are a complete disgrace.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 09:38:50 AM »
The earth looks round, because of the spotlight action of the sun on the earth, the spotlight lights up a round area on the flat earth. Making it appear the earth is round.
Sure, if the sun is directly behind your telescope then you'll see a lit area that is round, which can either mean the sun is creating a spotlight effects on a flat earth, or the earth is round. We can't decide yet.
If you take a picture of the Earth when the land underneath is experiencing late evening / early night, then you'll see half a lit circle. The spotlight effect doesn't explain this, because you should instead be seeing a spotlight out in the distance, with the edge of the spotlight directly underneath your telescope. Same thing applies if you take a picture at midnight, it will be dark, with no spotlight in sight.

good idea, ive seen jets chasing the edge of the 'spot light' on tv before

Hessy

• My alts: Edgeworth, any/all spambots
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 09:49:37 AM »
No FE'r in his/her right (wrong?) mind would invest in actual experiments to unequivocally dis/prove FET.

There are plenty of ways to prove the flat/roundness of the Earth for free (and even from your own home), and that's what they generally stick to.

And don't think you're the first person to suggest they invest thousands of dollar in a comercial space shuttle trip, high-powered telescope, etc.  Because you're not.

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 09:53:38 AM »
if the sun was a spotlight it would only shine a little over 32M diamater circle upon the earth.
the video from these experiments with a baloon show over 32M of sunlight.
So either the sun is larger then 32M Diamater or it is not a spotlight.

the theory is debunked.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 10:00:54 AM »
the point is they would never make an investment because they would have to come back with egg on thier face. none of them would be brave enough to really invest a great deal of money to fund some solid evidence because even in thier own mind its screaming the earth is round. popular belief prevails, this is just a paranoid conspiracy site at the end of the day. NASA  isnt the conspiracy FES is

Hessy

• My alts: Edgeworth, any/all spambots
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 10:10:42 AM »
the point is they would never make an investment because they would have to come back with egg on thier face. none of them would be brave enough to really invest a great deal of money to fund some solid evidence because even in thier own mind its screaming the earth is round. popular belief prevails, this is just a paranoid conspiracy site at the end of the day. NASA  isnt the conspiracy FES is

I swear to you, there is no way to convince some of the people on this site that the Earth is round using expensive telescopes / shuttles into space.

Try me; I'll even try to give you their responses should they do what you suggest.

?

Nolhekh

• Animator
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 10:20:15 AM »
If you were looking at the spotlight circle, you would notice that some parts are rounder than others should you not be centred on it.  Equal amounts of land would not be illuminated on either side of the craft.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 11:15:59 AM »

I swear to you, there is no way to convince some of the people on this site that the Earth is round using expensive telescopes / shuttles into space.

Try me; I'll even try to give you their responses should they do what you suggest.

yeh i can just imagine what fluffycornballs or whatever he is called would say if we jetted him into space!

?

Nolhekh

• Animator
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011, 11:26:25 AM »

yeh i can just imagine what fluffycornballs or whatever he is called would say if we jetted him into space!

He would claim to have been drugged and thrown in a simulator.

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2011, 11:44:12 AM »
Replace the first frame with something FES related.
http://www.xkcd.com/258/

?

Around And About

• Circular Logic Falls Flat
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2011, 05:02:34 PM »

I've been wondering, actually, whether some people on here subscribe to other conspiracy theories.
I'm not black nor a thug, I'm more like god who will bring 7 plagues of flat earth upon your ass.

?

Puttah

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 07:52:52 PM »

I've been wondering, actually, whether some people on here subscribe to other conspiracy theories.
Some people believe the moon landing was a hoax (well most that I've met have only heard about the evidence to suggest that it was a hoax, and they have yet to hear the other side of the story), some believe the ozone hole was a myth (I myself had a long-winded debate with someone over this issue) and then very few also believe the Earth is flat. To believe this is a conspiracy however automatically subscribes them to believe other conspiracies too, such as the moon landing and space travel.
Scepti, this idiocy needs to stop and it needs to stop right now. You are making a mockery of this fine forum with your poor trolling. You are a complete disgrace.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 08:07:25 PM »

I have studied many conspiracy theories, FET is the lowest of the low in the conspiracies . This theory gets the most ridicule when mentioned . From what little I know about this, most people think there is 0% chance of FE even being a possibility. Most have never heard of people believing in FET  in modern times. This my experience, I am not an expert.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

?

Puttah

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 08:24:29 PM »

I have studied many conspiracy theories, FET is the lowest of the low in the conspiracies . This theory gets the most ridicule when mentioned . From what little I know about this, most people think there is 0% chance of FE even being a possibility. Most have never heard of people believing in FET  in modern times. This my experience, I am not an expert.
Actually, most people believing in FET are approaching 0% on this forum alone, let alone in the entire world. The only ones that believe in it are the uneducated and the few special people here.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 10:39:42 PM »
There seems to be a basic misunderstanding here. I don't think most of us are here to recruit acolytes. It's the globularists who show up here that are so intent on pushing their dogma and having undignified fits all over the place. So I won't be selling my house to try and convince you to change your mind; you've been introduced to our flat earth theories and it's totally up to you to accept them or not.

Have a pleasnat evening and the earth is flat.

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 11:28:20 PM »
You should sell your home to do something to prove that the earth is round. Think of how internet famous you'd be.

::)

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 11:36:00 PM »
I'm already internet famous.

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 11:38:12 PM »

Not you.  I know you are.

?

Puttah

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2011, 11:39:18 PM »
you've been introduced to our flat earth theories and it's totally up to you to accept them or not.
You mean the theories with apparent holes ripped out of them, patches here and there, and the words "fail theory" written all over it?

You've been introduced to the truth and it's totally up to you to accept them or not.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2011, 11:46:32 PM »

Ooops!  I apologize.

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2011, 11:52:00 PM »

Ooops!  I apologize.

No worries.  I guess I was unclear about who I was eye rolling at  :)

?

Puttah

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2011, 12:19:38 AM »
You should sell your home to do something to prove that the earth is round. Think of how internet famous you'd be.

::)

No offence but fame amongst the FE'ers is the wrong type of fame.

Romer

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2011, 01:03:29 AM »