In our modern incarnation, Heaven is Hell.

• 5 Replies

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
In our modern incarnation, Heaven is Hell.
« on: January 28, 2011, 04:15:38 PM »
This recently occurred to me. When I'm doing something fun, and realize that I still have, say, six hours until that fun thing is over, I feel frustrated and impatient for some change. It follows that, unless our personality changes when we go to a Christian's Heaven, Heaven would eventually be just as bad as Hell. Imagine being in a place where you know nothing will change for the rest of eternity. Would that suck for you guys, or is it just me?

Supertails

• what do i put here
Re: In our modern incarnation, Heaven is Hell.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 10:02:33 PM »
I've always held the same thought.  Eternity would suck.
Recently listened to:

Lorddave

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 12:19:09 PM »
I've always held the same thought.  Eternity would suck.
Exactly.

The Greeks had it best: you only remember one day and forget it at the end. You'll never be bored.

?

fluffycornsnake

• Official Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 08:20:43 AM »
Imagine being in a place where you know nothing will change for the rest of eternity.

What makes you think nothing would change?

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 08:24:49 AM »
So, why would your personality not change after something as drastic as death? I know my personality changes when I get new friends or move to a new place, and these things are rather small and insignificant when you compare them to dying, relinquishing the need for anything other than the love of the Lord and becoming a being made of pure energy.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

Lorddave

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 08:31:29 AM »
So, why would your personality not change after something as drastic as death? I know my personality changes when I get new friends or move to a new place, and these things are rather small and insignificant when you compare them to dying, relinquishing the need for anything other than the love of the Lord and becoming a being made of pure energy.