Object on Iceburg

• 11 Replies
?

bwtkir

Object on Iceburg
« on: January 23, 2011, 06:41:50 PM »
http://blogs.abc.net.au/news/2011/01/a-chip-off-the-old-block.html

"I've heard the Southern Ocean attracts a hardy individual but a block of wood on an iceberg is ridiculous.

This lonely piece of timber was spotted on the top of a small berg at 66 degrees south, just north of Commonwealth Bay.

Wildlife watchers near Aurora Australis' bridge first thought it was a relaxing seal but it was soon apparent it was rectangular in shape.

How it got to such a prominent position, instead of just floating around, is anyone's guess."

Just wondering on the Flat Earth take on this one ?

Brett

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
Re: Object on Iceburg
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 09:51:01 PM »
Why would we have a take any different that a RE'ers?

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 01:31:55 AM »
Obviously a conspirator was watching from the ice wall and left his plank of wood on it, but the chunk broke off while he was on break.  This is evidence of the conspiracy!!!!!1
Recently listened to:

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 05:04:59 AM »
Obviously a conspirator was watching from the ice wall and left his plank of wood on it, but the chunk broke off while he was on break.  This is evidence of the conspiracy!!!!!1
+1

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 05:19:18 AM »
I have to agree.  Its just a plank of wood. 
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

?

Horatio

• Official Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 05:32:08 AM »

I do find it amusing that no FE has understood the significance of the location.

Commonwealth Bay is in Antarctica.
How dare you have the audacity to demand my deposition. I've never even heard of you.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 05:58:12 AM »

I do find it amusing that no FE has understood the significance of the location.

I know where Commonwealth bay is.  The location is perhaps significant;  A plank of wood in that location?  Interesting mystery perhaps;  that is all.

?

Horatio

• Official Member
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 05:59:49 AM »

I know where Commonwealth bay is.  The location is perhaps significant;  A plank of wood in that location?  Interesting mystery perhaps;  that is all.

One would expect the people that found the plank to have also seen the Ice Wall, since they are in the right area.
How dare you have the audacity to demand my deposition. I've never even heard of you.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 06:01:32 AM »

One would expect the people that found the plank to have also seen the Ice Wall, since they are in the right area.
If it existed.  Many here hold the supposed "Icewall" to simply be the shelves along the Antarctic.  I don't hold any "wall" exists.  Many others don't as well.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 12:25:26 PM »

If it existed.  Many here hold the supposed "Icewall" to simply be the shelves along the Antarctic.  I don't hold any "wall" exists.  Many others don't as well.

Maybe more discussion is needed in the FEB part of the forum then.
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 02:51:32 PM »

What keeps the air in then?
The Universal Accelerator is a constant farce.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

From the FAQ - "In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence."

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 04:00:47 PM »