question please help

• 8 Replies
?

mcf

question please help
« on: January 23, 2011, 09:42:29 AM »
If the earth is accelerating, where is it going?

gotham

• Planar Moderator
Re: question please help
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 11:00:14 AM »
Welcome!

The short answer is 'up'. 

I am sure the long answer is forthcoming.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 11:10:04 AM »
If the earth is accelerating, where is it going?

The Earth, along with the rest of the Universe, is accelerating in one constant direction. That directly is the "up" relative to us.

?

mcf

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 11:56:21 AM »
but where is "up"?  what is up there in "up"? is "up" infinite and endless? and if so, why is it endless and why does the universe need to be accelerating?

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 12:01:06 PM »
but where is "up"?  what is up there in "up"? is "up" infinite and endless? and if so, why is it endless and why does the universe need to be accelerating?

As I said. It is the direction relative to us as "up".

I do not know what is in "up". Must likely, just more space. It is an interesting question, but it is irrelevant.

Well, I suppose the universe doesn't need to be accelerating since the universe doesn't have wants or needs. That is simply how the universe is.

?

Thork

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 12:13:11 PM »
Yes, this is a little like the round earth alternative. If the universe is expanding, what is it expanding into and what is outside the limits of the universe? Or where is the sun leading us at it travels around the universe?

FET is no better equipped to answer the 'why are we here' style questions than RET. They are beyond the realm of human understanding. The only thing we do know is in which direction we travel. As my erudite brothers have pointed out, the answer to that is "up".

Quote from: Frances E. Willard
This seems to be the law of progress in everything we do; it moves along a spiral rather than a perpendicular; we seem to be actually going out of the way, and yet it turns out that we were really moving upward all the time.
source: http://thinkexist.com/quotation/this_seems_to_be_the_law_of_progress_in/206448.html
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 12:45:36 PM by Thork »

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 01:15:06 PM »
The direction up is the opposite direction of the Earth from you. An easy way to discover the direction of up is to stand up; once you are standing up, your head will be the uppermost part of your body (that is to say, it is the furthest part in the direction of up from the Earth). Your feet will be the least up of all the body parts in this scenario.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 01:25:14 PM »
To help illustrate James' scenario, here is a little diagram
Notice that as the man turns to open the door, his body rotates BUT his head is still 'up' and above the rest of his body.
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 01:31:23 PM »
You'll notice that down has similar, but opposite properties to up. Although his arms are turning, his breasts are still pointing down of his head. Down is the direction of the Earth; if you turn upside-down the picture-man's head will be down of your feet (but his breasts may point up).
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901