Going on a road trip and have some questions!

• 26 Replies
Going on a road trip and have some questions!
« on: January 22, 2011, 11:51:53 AM »
Look guys I came upon your website and upon reading and realization that the earth truly is flat and I am so mad at people lying to us! I have a question though.

I am going on a road trip around europe and around the US and mexico because I love driving, Could someone please tell me which areas are an IMMEDIATE danger because I don't want to fall off the corner and die! :( Please let me know thanks!

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
Re: Going on a road trip and have some questions!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 11:57:33 AM »
Those areas are safe.

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 12:01:49 PM »
Those areas are safe.

Okay great! But in case I wanted to go further with my explorations around the globe, could you tell me what areas are NOT safe? That would be greatly appreciated! :)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 12:03:21 PM by InsidiousStealth »

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 12:03:24 PM »
You are never in any danger of falling off of the earth on a road trip.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 12:06:04 PM »
You are never in any danger of falling off of the earth on a road trip.

But I hear that according to the flat earth FAQ that gravity doesnt exist, and in a flat earth it must have corners! So wouldnt one fall off at some point? I just want to know where the corners are so I can be safe and explore the world! I am retired now and want to see all its beauty and be safe!

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 12:09:43 PM »
Consider the Frisbee.  It has no corners.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 12:15:07 PM »

But if one were to climb up the side of a frisbee they would go sideways and fall off! You said those areas are safe previously, what areas are UNSAFE is what I am getting at now

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 12:21:26 PM »
If you read the FAQ, your fears about your road trip will disappear.  The US, Mexico, and Europe present no danger.

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 12:31:56 PM »
If you read the FAQ, your fears about your road trip will disappear.  The US, Mexico, and Europe present no danger.

I know but what i'm asking is what areas do present danger as I may go further then just those places and want to keep a list of places to NOT go :)

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 12:38:31 PM »
While driving in your car, you will be safe.  Did you read the FAQ?

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 12:41:03 PM »

I know but what i'm asking is what areas do present danger as I may go further then just those places and want to keep a list of places to NOT go :)
Don't text while driving and keep you eyes on the road, and you should have nothing to worry about.

IOA

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 01:39:19 PM »
I am going on a road trip around europe and around the US and mexico because I love driving
Those areas are actually not safe. Driving from Europe to Mexico or vice-versa, you'll wind up drowning in the Atlantic ocean.

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 01:40:43 PM »

It also can't really be pushed straight upwards in the air.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 01:42:46 PM »

Yes it can. Hold a frisbee by the bottom. Push it upwards.

IOA

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2011, 01:47:45 PM »

Why would you push it?

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2011, 01:51:37 PM »

Why would you push it?

To demonstrate a counter-example to the claim that frisbees cannot be pushed upwards.

IOA

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2011, 01:54:38 PM »
I don't think you understood the implications of the metaphor. What I'm saying is, why would this random energy (UA) manifest itself into a force, and only push in one direction indefinitely? Why wouldn't it change in strength, direction, or area? Why wouldn't it scatter, being free energy?

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2011, 02:00:44 PM »
Every time I try to, it wobbles totally and falls to the ground really quickly.  I mean anything can be pushed upwards with enough force right?  The issue is then whether it's a natural thing for it to do.  Judging by the wobblyness, it's not.

I don't like this frisbee one bit!  >:(

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2011, 02:02:09 PM »
I don't think you understood the implications of the metaphor. What I'm saying is, why would this random energy (UA) manifest itself into a force, and only push in one direction indefinitely? Why wouldn't it change in strength, direction, or area? Why wouldn't it scatter, being free energy?

Why should it need to? Should we assume that the other forces also change dynamically? Should electromagnetism behave differently right know and become extremely strong all of the sudden?

?

Part of the Problem

• The Liberal
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2011, 02:09:10 PM »

Why should it need to? Should we assume that the other forces also change dynamically? Should electromagnetism behave differently right know and become extremely strong all of the sudden?
Wouldn't assuming that other forces stay the same be a leap of faith?
By eliminating all present contradicting possibilities you would arrive at the present truth. It's impossible to arrive at a future truth.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2011, 02:11:16 PM »

Absolutely. Problem?

Btw: If you are wanting me to run through every thread and play the epistemology game, I would be more than happy to.

?

Part of the Problem

• The Liberal
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2011, 02:20:39 PM »

Absolutely. Problem?

Btw: If you are wanting me to run through every thread and play the epistemology game, I would be more than happy to.
Not a problem, just trying to figure out when this type of faith is OK and when it's not.  I'll keep lurking.

I assume you'll play the epistemology game in each thread whether or not I want you to.
By eliminating all present contradicting possibilities you would arrive at the present truth. It's impossible to arrive at a future truth.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2011, 02:33:32 PM »

Absolutely. Problem?

Not a problem, just trying to figure out when this type of faith is OK and when it's not.  I'll keep lurking.

I assume you'll play the epistemology game in each thread whether or not I want you to.

I do not actually. I only brought it up, as I said, when someone tries to undermine an argument solely because it may be based on faith.

IOA

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2011, 02:43:58 PM »

How do you know they won't? This was one of the main supporting arguments for why Flat Earthers don't trust the Scientific Method, so it seems to me like believing in UA would be a rather strong leap of faith for you.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2011, 02:48:41 PM »

How do you know they won't? This was one of the main supporting arguments for why Flat Earthers don't trust the Scientific Method, so it seems to me like believing in UA would be a rather strong leap of faith for you.

You asserted first, that they should behave different.

Justify this statement.

IOA

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2011, 02:50:28 PM »
I'm merely questioning why dark energy should behave in any particular manner, especially a manner so structured and focused as Universal Acceleration is proposed to be.

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2011, 11:13:48 AM »
just dont go on a sailing trip as you may sail off the edge.