The ISS as seen from earth with a Telescope

• 76 Replies

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
Re: The ISS as seen from earth with a Telescope
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2011, 07:07:04 PM »
You can't tell the difference between a "genuine" photo and a photo of a model?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 08:37:17 PM by Ski »
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

IOA

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2011, 09:03:40 PM »

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2011, 01:23:48 PM »
You can't tell the difference between a "genuine" photo and a photo of a model?

I do not need to. The truth does not "tell the difference".

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2011, 01:57:48 PM »
The original picture is that of a model. Your readiness to accept it as a "genuine" NASA photo only proves how successful the globularist propaganda has become.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 02:09:23 PM by Ski »
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2011, 02:14:34 PM »
The original picture is that of a model. Your readiness to accept it as a "genuine" NASA photo only proves how successful the globularist propaganda has become.

Actually, you presented it as a photo that you took, not NASA.
Here's one I took a few years ago:

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

IOA

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2011, 02:14:50 PM »
Being a moderator, I would expect you yourself not to troll.

I suggest you grab a pair of binoculars and look out your backyard.

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/index.html

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2011, 02:41:05 PM »

The picture before I modified it was of a model which Crustinator has insisted was "genuine".

I don't have one. I altered this picture of a model a few years ago[/img]

No that is clearly a genuine picture unless you can post evidence of you altering it.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2011, 02:56:37 PM »

Pointing out the public's over-reaching desire to embrace space photos as genuine is not trolling. It is only further evidence that "proof" offered at the altar of science need not be compelling to be swallowed wholesale by people eager to believe it.

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2011, 03:05:56 PM »
Well done Ski. I think you've more than proved your point. If they don't see it, I can only classify it as straight-out denial.
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

?

Horatio

• Official Member
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2011, 03:31:52 PM »
Well done Ski. I think you've more than proved your point. If they don't see it, I can only classify it as straight-out denial.

Almost like the straight-out denial that FEs have about satellites and their absolute unwillingness to use Heavens Above to observe satellites passing over their location.

All he showed is that models can be photographed in such a way as to make them look real, which is hardly a new revelation. He did nothing to prove that the photographs of the ISS taken by numerous amateur astronomers are fake. And if you can't see that, well...I can only classify it as straight-out stupidity.
How dare you have the audacity to demand my deposition. I've never even heard of you.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2011, 03:38:34 PM »

All he showed is that models can be photographed in such a way as to make them look real, which is hardly a new revelation.

Which was what he set out to show.

Well played, Ski.

?

Horatio

• Official Member
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2011, 03:42:48 PM »

All he showed is that models can be photographed in such a way as to make them look real, which is hardly a new revelation.

Which was what he set out to show.

Well played, Ski.

He never showed that the ISS photographs taken by amateur astronomers were faked, nor has he caused any reasonable doubt to be introduced.

Well played my ass, Sky.
How dare you have the audacity to demand my deposition. I've never even heard of you.

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2011, 03:46:18 PM »
Ski demonstrated his point well. It was very well played. Don't be bitter and pout because he didn't support every single point possibly relevant to the topic.
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2011, 03:46:55 PM »
Just because you have lost the sacred ability to doubt, do not cast aspersion on those who can.

?

Horatio

• Official Member
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2011, 03:50:22 PM »
Just because you have lost the sacred ability to doubt, do not cast aspersion on those who can.

There is a vast difference between having an open mind and letting your brain flow out completely.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2011, 03:52:29 PM »
You'd go to Loch Ness and 'see' a monster.

silver

« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2011, 04:03:13 PM »
If any FE'er would just spend 100$ on a proper telescope and observe the sky for a night, trying to trace the trajectories of those hundreds of obviously fake satellites and the ISS, I wonder what they'd find?

Has anybody tried yet?

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2011, 04:04:30 PM »
So if I go outside tonight with my telescope, I will see satellites?

silver

« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2011, 04:12:12 PM »
Go look up the NASA site that was linked and find the supposed trajectory of the ISS. Align your telescope properly and try to find the ISS where they say it should be, document your findings (write positions you point your telescope at down and such), take pictures, and post up your findings here. I am curious to see the result.

I would try this, but I don't have a telescope, can't really afford one and if I did find one post pictures with it, you'd claim they were faked. This is the only way to find out!

(Note, documenting it in high detail is very necessary, or we would just be able to claim that you weren't looking the right place!)

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2011, 04:17:53 PM »
I would try this, but I don't have a telescope, can't really afford one and if I did find one post pictures with it, you'd claim they were faked. This is the only way to find out!

I would try this, but I don't have a telescope, can't really afford one, and if I did you'd claim I was not look in the right place.  I do know that I tried to locate the last transit by the shuttle and ISS in my area which was supposed to be visible to the naked eye, but saw nothing.

silver

« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2011, 04:22:03 PM »

I would try this, but I don't have a telescope, can't really afford one, and if I did you'd claim I was not look in the right place.  I do know that I tried to locate the last transit by the shuttle and ISS in my area which was supposed to be visible to the naked eye, but saw nothing.

(Note, documenting it in high detail is very necessary, or we would just be able to claim that you weren't looking the right place!)

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2011, 04:22:49 PM »
Go look up the NASA site that was linked and find the supposed trajectory of the ISS. Align your telescope properly and try to find the ISS where they say it should be, document your findings (write positions you point your telescope at down and such), take pictures, and post up your findings here. I am curious to see the result.

I'm looking up at the skies of Illinois and fail to see a single satellite.

silver

« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2011, 04:23:53 PM »
Where is your documentation? Pictures, time-stamps, degrees of elevation and NSEW coords?

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2011, 04:25:47 PM »
Perhaps the weather will improve later. For now I see no satellites.
http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Chicago+IL+USIL0225

silver

« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2011, 04:36:34 PM »
Ah, yes, that would be a problem :)

Well then, let's leave it till later then. There's no hurry.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2011, 07:45:54 PM »

The picture before I modified it was of a model which Crustinator has insisted was "genuine".

Irrelevant.  You claimed that you were the source of the photo, not NASA or Crustinator.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2011, 07:49:16 PM »
My understanding is that he thinks (thought?) the unmodified photo was that of an actual "space craft".

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2011, 07:52:39 PM »
All you need to know about Crusty, Ski, is that he likes to be sarcastic.  He was messing around.  :P
Recently listened to:

IOA

« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2011, 07:52:50 PM »

Pointing out the public's over-reaching desire to embrace space photos as genuine is not trolling.
Shocking, you don't even seem to realise your own trolling.

Anyone can take a photograph of the ISS. Have you not read my posts?

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2011, 07:53:42 PM »

Pointing out the public's over-reaching desire to embrace space photos as genuine is not trolling.
Shocking, you don't even seem to realise your own trolling.

Anyone can take a photograph of the ISS. Have you not read my posts?
As evidenced by Ski