A Couple of Questions (Yes I read the FAQs)

• 37 Replies

IOA

Re: A Couple of Questions (Yes I read the FAQs)
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2011, 11:49:47 AM »
If the matter the Earth is made of didn't exhibit friction (as in the case you drew up) then it is logical than any object derived with the Earth too would not have friction.

This is really simple stuff.
Why is it then, that Flat Earthers claim that cities exhibit gravity, but bananas might not? Or that if something on Earth exhibits gravity, then Earth does not? That doesn't make any sense, and doesn't cohere to your statement.

?

Puttah

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2011, 03:08:10 AM »
PizzaPlanet, every body has gravitational force, it depends on its mass. So even when fruits and I affect each other, bananas are not attracted towards me, 'cause we both are being attracted to the ground.

You're welcome.
Convenient.
It happens. No, it really does. I mean, seriously. It does. I can't show it in any way, but it's totally there.
Oh sorry, we can't show a banana has a gravitational field, because of its theoretically minute size - therefore the Earth doesn't have a gravitational field?

Push me over the edge of the Earth, I dare you.
Scepti, this idiocy needs to stop and it needs to stop right now. You are making a mockery of this fine forum with your poor trolling. You are a complete disgrace.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2011, 06:18:58 AM »
If the matter the Earth is made of didn't exhibit friction (as in the case you drew up) then it is logical than any object derived with the Earth too would not have friction.

Or that if something on Earth exhibits gravity, then Earth does not?

When have I said this?

IOA

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2011, 10:27:10 AM »

When have I said this?
Sorry, I just assumed that since you subscribed to the Flat Earth belief, you also believe in Flat Earth hypotheses.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2011, 12:07:03 PM »

When have I said this?
Sorry, I just assumed that since you subscribed to the Flat Earth belief, you also believe in Flat Earth hypotheses.

Where is a part of FET that some parts of the Earth exhibit gravity, while other parts do not?

IOA

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2011, 06:38:48 PM »
Being Zetetics, I would think it only reasonable to assume that you believe what your observations show you. Observations from the Cavendish experiment clearly demonstrate gravity at work. Also, seeing as you are a Zetetic, it would only seem reasonable that you draw conclusions from direct observations, not from what someone else says about the Cavendish experiment.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2011, 06:44:05 PM »
There is a clear explanation on that experiment in Tom's wiki.

I suggest you lurk moar.

IOA

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2011, 06:45:23 PM »
I suggest you lurk moar.
I suggest you read more.

Quote from: IOA
Also, seeing as you are a Zetetic, it would only seem reasonable that you draw conclusions from direct observations, not from what someone else says about the Cavendish experiment.