Plate Tectonics?

  • 90 Replies
  • 20035 Views
*

James

  • Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
  • 5613
Re: Plate Tectonics?
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2011, 06:58:16 PM »
I mean: they took corals only when travelling through the mountains.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

*

markjo

  • Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
  • 42365
Re: Plate Tectonics?
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2011, 07:09:01 PM »
I mean: they took corals only when travelling through the mountains.

Clam fossils have been found in the mountains so obviously they took them too.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

*

James

  • Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
  • 5613
Re: Plate Tectonics?
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2011, 07:18:04 PM »
That is what I mean:

They took corals when travelling to the mountains only.
They also took clams to the mountains.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

*

markjo

  • Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
  • 42365
Re: Plate Tectonics?
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2011, 09:15:25 PM »
Why would they take corals to the mountains?  Clams are useful as food, but of what benefit are the corals to dinosaurs traveling to mountains?  Were they pulling a practical joke on far future geologists?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

General Disarray

  • Official Member
  • 5039
  • Magic specialist
Re: Plate Tectonics?
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2011, 09:21:14 PM »
Give him a break, he is taking the trouble to make up all this info out of thin air, you have to understand that there will be contradictions.
You don't want to make an enemy of me. I'm very powerful.

?

Mrs. Peach

  • Official Member
  • 6258
Re: Plate Tectonics?
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2011, 10:24:56 PM »
Why would they take corals to the mountains?  Clams are useful as food, but of what benefit are the corals to dinosaurs traveling to mountains?  Were they pulling a practical joke on far future geologists?

Perhaps they admired corals and collected them much as a bowerbird male collects pretty objects to decorate a bower for his lady.  Would you find it so strange that such a technically adept species should also have aesthetic appreciation?

Re: Plate Tectonics?
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2011, 12:11:48 AM »
This argument still falls apart when faced with simple stratigraphy.  You find corals where you would have found warm, sub tropical environments.  In the same place, you tend to find limestones, not mudstones/sandstones, and Geochemical data in Oxygen Isotopes can be used to track the temperature, so we know it was warm.
When we find coral fragments halfway up metamorphic mountain range, you might have a case...

Your argument still doesn't explain entire reefs in mountainous regions.  I've been up a big old hill (not tall enough to be a mountain) in Spain to find a huge reef system, and as you walk up the side, you can track the growth of the reef as sea level changes.
BSc (Hons) Geology
Fellow of the Geological Society of London

*

James

  • Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
  • 5613
Re: Plate Tectonics?
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2011, 02:41:27 AM »
How do you know it is not a monument?
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

Re: Plate Tectonics?
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2011, 09:36:19 AM »
How do you know it is not a monument?

I'm sorry to say that you have still failed to provide evidence of the advanced dinosaur civilization that would have caused these phenomena.

?

Nolhekh

  • 1669
  • Animator
Re: Plate Tectonics?
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2011, 11:23:55 AM »
If you ever analyze earthquake footage, you can tell the ground is actually travelling some distance.  When a jolt hits, you see objects shift one way, then shift the other way.  This can only be caused by the ground accelerating, then decelerating.  The ground actually moves during an earthquake.  The distance it moves is measurable by analyzing the accelerations experienced.

Re: Plate Tectonics?
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2011, 04:12:25 PM »
A monument?  Are you being serious? 
BSc (Hons) Geology
Fellow of the Geological Society of London

*

James

  • Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
  • 5613
Re: Plate Tectonics?
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2011, 12:46:37 PM »
Why wouldn't the dinosaurs have built monuments? Empirical evidence shows that human beings build all manner of great monumental constructions all about the place, it would be unreasonable to suppose that the dinosaurs did not do the same. Modern dinosaurs are quite capable of the most ingenious feats of building - of treehouses, boats and other municipal buildings. Why would the ancient dinosaurs be any different?
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

?

General Disarray

  • Official Member
  • 5039
  • Magic specialist
Re: Plate Tectonics?
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2011, 12:52:05 PM »
Because no one has shown that ancient dinosaurs were capable of building anything, let alone monuments.
You don't want to make an enemy of me. I'm very powerful.

Re: Plate Tectonics?
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2011, 02:46:32 PM »
I'm sorry to say that you have still failed to provide evidence of the advanced dinosaur civilization that would have caused these phenomena.

*

James

  • Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
  • 5613
Re: Plate Tectonics?
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2011, 07:18:39 PM »
Ace of Spades, please do not make low-content posts in the serious debate forums. Repeatedly quoting yourself offers nothing of use to our important discussions.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

*

hoppy

  • Flat Earth Believer
  • 11801
Re: Plate Tectonics?
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2011, 08:15:49 PM »
Ace of Spades, please do not make low-content posts in the serious debate forums. Repeatedly quoting yourself offers nothing of use to our important discussions.

 FES clearly has very low standards for membership, or non existant standards.

 Before you ask for proof I will provide it...I see that James is a member.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Re: Plate Tectonics?
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2011, 10:55:39 AM »
Ace of Spades, please do not make low-content posts in the serious debate forums. Repeatedly quoting yourself offers nothing of use to our important discussions.

 FES clearly has very low standards for membership, or non existant standards.

 Before you ask for proof I will provide it...I see that James is a member.

I fail to see how asking for evidence is a low-content post. I also fail to see how the fact that James is a member is proof. I am asking for evidence that suggests that there was an advanced civilization of dinosaurs that could have built these monuments. This evidence has yet to be provided. I thought I was even being rather polite about it so your attack is unprovoked and, quite frankly, is probably the lowest content post on this thread.

Re: Plate Tectonics?
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2016, 08:35:47 AM »
Sorry for necroing, but I thought I could add to this topic.
Alfred Wegener had a theory in 1912 called Continental drift theory,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Wegener
the theory was not accepted until 1950. It has been taught as fact in school for decades with no substantial proof, ie not based on theory. It is also mentioned in the KJV of the bible.

Quote
Matthew 24:7 Context

4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8All these are the beginning of sorrows.
9Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
10And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 


*

RocksEverywhere

  • 1041
  • Literally everywhere.
Re: Plate Tectonics?
« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2016, 08:47:43 AM »
No substantial proof? Where do you get that idea? There are literal mountains of proof.
AMA: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=68045.0

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it's not real.

*

gg1gamer

  • 566
  • time enjoyed wasting is not wasted
Re: Plate Tectonics?
« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2016, 09:32:15 AM »
No substantial proof? Where do you get that idea? There are literal mountains of proof.
I think he means: 'i didn't take a second to look for proof, so let me just claim that there is non.'

Oh danwilson, read the entire wiki page you post a link to next time.  Here is a copy past from it:
Quote
In the early 1950s, the new science of paleomagnetism pioneered at the University of Cambridge by S. K. Runcorn and at Imperial College by P.M.S. Blackett was soon producing data in favour of Wegener's theory
(...)
Additionally, the 1960s saw several developments in geology, notably the discoveries of seafloor spreading and Wadati-Benioff zones, and this led to the rapid resurrection of the continental drift hypothesis and its direct descendant, the theory of plate tectonics. Maps of the geomorphology of the ocean floors created by Marie Tharp in cooperation with Bruce Heezen were an important contribution to the paradigm shift that was starting. Wegener was then recognized as the founding father of one of the major scientific revolutions of the 20th century.

?

Arealhumanbeing

  • 1474
  • Leader of the Second American Revolution
Re: Plate Tectonics?
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2016, 09:41:41 AM »
This continent drifting story is ridiculous as James says. Think about it.

>Where do all the continents start?
>>Erm as one big continent. Its called Pangea.
>Ok, so then what?
>> Erm, they all split up
> Right, so what happens next?
>> Erm, they all become one big continent again.
> Then what?
>> Nothing. That's the end.
> What so the land just split itself into loads of bits, and then reformed again?
>> That's the top and bottom of it yes.
> Just once?
>> Yes
> How very convenient. And what is the new continent called?
>> Pangea Proxima
> Is there any chance you are making this up?
>> No, I swear on the Conspiracy.
> Are you sure you aren't using this elaborate earth reformation to explain things you don't understand?
>> Can someone remove this guy? He is making me uncomfortable.
> Don't shoot!

C'mon guys, you buying this rubbish? We just happen to be in the golden age of earthly separation right now. It just gets more silly.



This is a good post about how silly plate tectonics are. Might I add that I do not believe dinosaurs existed at all. Thats not to say that a civilization in our past did not exist with the creatures we are told to be dinosaurs. Those fossils may have belonged to something radically different than what we are led to believe. Also, to further the hole in the globullshit history of our planet, if pangea was the home to dinosaurs, then what about the massive amount of ocean at that time? There must have been many more dinos in the seas than on land. What caused them to go extict!?

*

onebigmonkey

  • 1623
  • You. Yes you. Stand still laddie.
Re: Plate Tectonics?
« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2016, 09:49:39 AM »
No substantial proof? Where do you get that idea? There are literal mountains of proof.
I think he means: 'i didn't take a second to look for proof, so let me just claim that there is non.'

Oh danwilson, read the entire wiki page you post a link to next time.  Here is a copy past from it:
Quote
In the early 1950s, the new science of paleomagnetism pioneered at the University of Cambridge by S. K. Runcorn and at Imperial College by P.M.S. Blackett was soon producing data in favour of Wegener's theory
(...)
Additionally, the 1960s saw several developments in geology, notably the discoveries of seafloor spreading and Wadati-Benioff zones, and this led to the rapid resurrection of the continental drift hypothesis and its direct descendant, the theory of plate tectonics. Maps of the geomorphology of the ocean floors created by Marie Tharp in cooperation with Bruce Heezen were an important contribution to the paradigm shift that was starting. Wegener was then recognized as the founding father of one of the major scientific revolutions of the 20th century.

To be fair, Wegener's idea didn't have much support or evidence until the mechanism for continental drift was uncovered with the zebra stripe pattern of pole reversals. Once people knew how and what to look for, it turned out that there was shitloads of evidence.
Facts won't do what I want them to.

We went from a round Earth to a round Moon: http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/apollo.html

*

gg1gamer

  • 566
  • time enjoyed wasting is not wasted
Re: Plate Tectonics?
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2016, 10:22:46 AM »
To be fair, Wegener's idea didn't have much support or evidence until the mechanism for continental drift was uncovered with the zebra stripe pattern of pole reversals. Once people knew how and what to look for, it turned out that there was shitloads of evidence.
The main problem with wegner was other scientists proud.  He as a meteorologist was saying to people with earth degrees how the earth was working.  They didn't take it well.  Nowadays, although a scientists (and all other people for that matter) proud is still hurt when someone with another degree tells you how to do your job, if he's right, he's right.

*

RocksEverywhere

  • 1041
  • Literally everywhere.
Re: Plate Tectonics?
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2016, 10:33:32 AM »
To be fair, Wegener's idea didn't have much support or evidence until the mechanism for continental drift was uncovered with the zebra stripe pattern of pole reversals. Once people knew how and what to look for, it turned out that there was shitloads of evidence.
The main problem with wegner was other scientists proud.  He as a meteorologist was saying to people with earth degrees how the earth was working.  They didn't take it well.  Nowadays, although a scientists (and all other people for that matter) proud is still hurt when someone with another degree tells you how to do your job, if he's right, he's right.
That's definitely an issue that science still has to deal with occasionally. Some people are too proud and/or stubborn to accept newer, better theories and it takes a while to get it past them.

As for arealhumanbeing, trying to make something sound ridiculous doesn't really work.
AMA: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=68045.0

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it's not real.

*

Space Cowgirl

  • MOM
  • Administrator
  • 47238
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: Plate Tectonics?
« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2016, 11:10:57 AM »
James needs to come back to the FES!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

*

Son of Orospu

  • Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • 37834
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Plate Tectonics?
« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2016, 11:49:41 AM »
I see no problems with plates moving on a flat table. 

*

RocksEverywhere

  • 1041
  • Literally everywhere.
Re: Plate Tectonics?
« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2016, 01:12:56 PM »
I see no problems with plates moving on a flat table.
Someone keeps pulling the table cloth, dangit!
AMA: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=68045.0

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it's not real.

*

Son of Orospu

  • Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • 37834
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Plate Tectonics?
« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2016, 01:15:21 PM »
I see no problems with plates moving on a flat table.
Someone keeps pulling the table cloth, dangit!

That makes no sense, and you should feel ashamed for posting that on a serious scientific forum.  >:(

*

Ozfer

  • 14
  • It's a lie
Re: Plate Tectonics?
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2016, 02:07:30 PM »
The dinosaurs still exist underground and they are pulling the plates around on the flat earth to this day. That's why the mountains are getting taller.

?

Twerp

  • Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
  • 6540
Re: Plate Tectonics?
« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2016, 02:16:25 PM »
The dinosaurs still exist underground and they are pulling the plates around on the flat earth to this day. That's why the mountains are getting taller.
That's a perfect blending of FET and HET. Who knew they could both be correct? Great thinking!
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise