• 40 Replies
?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member

?

Thork

Re: Thank God for British Gun Laws
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 01:21:02 PM »
Yes, its safe here. Nothing more dangerous than a chilly guinea pig.

Benocrates

• Canadian Philosopher
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 01:41:49 PM »
wut?
Quote from: President Barack Obama
Pot had helped
Get the fuck over it.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 01:43:19 PM »
Best misunderstanding I've seen in a while.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 01:47:43 PM »
Thank God for British Gun Laws

?

FakeLiar

• Kelly Clarkson - Now THAT is round!
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 01:52:11 PM »
Best misunderstanding I've seen in a while.
You missed my recent divorce, then?
The Earth is flat, like my hairy (and rather sexy) chest.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 02:05:07 PM »
Pet shops are now going to be sold out of guinea pigs as cannabis-growers use them as cover.

"What, this officer? No, it's to keep my pets warm. That? Ah yes, I grow my own cabbage to feed them..."

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 04:09:39 PM »
A hotspot is probable cause to raid a house?

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 04:10:39 PM »

Yeah, and it generally works. Also high energy usage.

Benocrates

• Canadian Philosopher
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 04:53:32 PM »
siiiigggghhhh....after just watching the first season of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boardwalk_Empire I'm reminded how silly the marijuana prohibition is.
Quote from: President Barack Obama
Pot had helped
Get the fuck over it.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 05:09:46 PM »

They didn't raid the house. The mother called her, said, "Come home," then she led the police into the house. If I had to hazard a guess, they probably didn't have the equivalent of a warrant.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 05:28:56 PM »
I believe the police said they would use force to enter the property if she refused to let them in.

berny_74

• The IceWall! Beat that
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 05:35:34 PM »

They didn't raid the house. The mother called her, said, "Come home," then she led the police into the house. If I had to hazard a guess, they probably didn't have the equivalent of a warrant.

Maybe the police are just a tad more polite than in the States?

Berny
Does my space heater constitute a hot spot?
To be fair, sometimes what FE'ers say makes so little sense that it's hard to come up with a rebuttal.
Moonlight is good for you.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 06:09:21 PM »

It does say that they will pay for the damages, thought they had forced the door open.
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 11:14:10 PM »
We had a police helicopter flying over our apartment building looking for hot spots cos our neighbours had phoned them to accuse us of growing. Actually someone else in the building was growing but because they weren't on the top floor no hot spots could show from their equipment so a nice waste of time and money for the police :)

Never did find out which apartment it was that was growing though :(
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 11:19:05 PM »
That's a shame. Maybe you could have gotten a neighbour's discount.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 11:32:33 PM »
Or discount for covering up their activities by being the ones accused. The police wasted so much effort on us (camera set up in the building opposite looking into our flat, breaking into our basement storage area) that when they couldn't find anything they probably just decided to ignore the complaints from our neighbours.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 01:06:14 AM »

Yeah, see once we had these really weird things called "Civil Liberties" until the Labour government realised just how dangerous they were (I think they were cancerous) and now we can see just how much better off we are without them, anyway! Guinea-pig owners going unmolested? Sickening.

Aren't you jealous you don't live in England?

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 02:43:45 AM »
My sarcasm detector just blipped. What's going on here?

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 08:47:38 AM »

Yeah, see once we had these really weird things called "Civil Liberties" until the Labour government realised just how dangerous they were (I think they were cancerous) and now we can see just how much better off we are without them, anyway! Guinea-pig owners going unmolested? Sickening.

We don't have a constitution, so tough titties with knobs on.

Argue 'rights' all you want, but this is an extremely successful tactic, as made obvious by the fact that such a boring topic literally made the news.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 02:08:34 PM »

They used to catch students on campus growing it in their dorms by monitoring electrical usage per room.  The lamps used to grow pot use a considerable amount of electricity and are generally left on all the time.

Also, thank God for British gun laws.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 02:26:08 PM »

They used to catch students on campus growing it in their dorms by monitoring electrical usage per room.  The lamps used to grow pot use a considerable amount of electricity and are generally left on all the time.

Yeah, but you have a lesser expectation of privacy when you live on a campus.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2011, 01:08:39 AM »
I seriously don't see the problem. They'll be paying damages (aka free money as nothing was broken) and have promised nothing will be kept on record. This is a good method of catching cannabis growers.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2011, 04:35:03 AM »

Argue 'rights' all you want, but this is an extremely successful tactic, as made obvious by the fact that such a boring topic literally made the news.

As it happens, I think it probably is a good and fair means of catching growers (though I would argue they shouldn't be illegal anyway)

I was just ranting generally at the amount of civil liberties we've had eroded.

Also: We do have a written constitution, just not in one place. it's written in the Magna Carta, in Acts of Parliament, in common law, etc.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2011, 09:25:09 AM »

Successful at doing what? Keeping small amounts of marijuana off the streets? Considering scottland has coke circulating with anthrax in it I think the focus should be pulled off of harassing small marijuana growers.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2011, 09:26:58 AM »

Successful at doing what?

Catching Marijuana growers. Durrr.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2011, 09:29:14 AM »

Successful at doing what?

Catching Marijuana growers. Durrr.

Ah yes, the only important benchmark of society. How many poor people you can charge violating an idiotic prohibition.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2011, 09:31:45 AM »
Ah, I see, you're starting a different and irrelevant argument. I'm sure there's a thread for that.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2011, 09:36:22 AM »
Ah, I see, you're starting a different and irrelevant argument. I'm sure there's a thread for that.

No, I was just being flippant. My argument was that effective or not (obviously not judging by the accuracy) the practice violates a person's basic right to privacy.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2011, 09:40:37 AM »
It's very effective, as shown by the fact that's it's being going on for several years, someone got mildly inconvenienced and it made national news.

And as I've said before, we have no written (conclusive) constitution so whatever. I see no problem with it; they gain evidence from outside the house and use that evidence.