Autism Study fraud - No one cares

• 16 Replies

Lorddave

Autism Study fraud - No one cares
« on: January 07, 2011, 04:29:11 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/01/06/autism.reactions/index.html?hpt=C2

The people who knew it was fake don't care because they knew it was fake.  Those who believed it still believe it.

Frankly this whole thing is just a big coincidence between the age you get the MMR vaccine and the age you can diagnose a child with Autism.
Autism has been around long before Vaccines became mandatory and certainly longer than the MMR vaccine.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

berny_74

• The IceWall! Beat that
Re: Autism Study fraud - No one cares
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 06:13:46 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/01/06/autism.reactions/index.html?hpt=C2

The people who knew it was fake don't care because they knew it was fake.  Those who believed it still believe it.

Frankly this whole thing is just a big coincidence between the age you get the MMR vaccine and the age you can diagnose a child with Autism.
Autism has been around long before Vaccines became mandatory and certainly longer than the MMR vaccine.

I always went under the assumption that Autism is much more common because its being diagnosed much more properly.

Temple Grandin would never have thrived if she was born a generation earlier.

Berny
The Hug Machine.
To be fair, sometimes what FE'ers say makes so little sense that it's hard to come up with a rebuttal.
Moonlight is good for you.

?

Hazbollah

• Flat Earth Editor
  • Earth Shape Apathetic.
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 06:14:21 AM »
Old news is old. The doctor who published that shit was struck off last year IIRC.
Always check your tackle- Caerphilly school of Health. If I see an innuendo in my post, I'll be sure to whip it out.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 06:15:26 AM »
I don't mean to sound like a douche, but I think we can all agree that people who have any basic understanding of medicine knew that one singular study which goes against all other studies AND common sense shouldn't be relied upon. At all.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

Lorddave

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 06:16:52 AM »
I don't mean to sound like a douche, but I think we can all agree that people who have any basic understanding of medicine knew that one singular study which goes against all other studies AND common sense shouldn't be relied upon. At all.

Yet their voices are drowned out by the voices of those who don't have any basic understanding of medicine.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 06:21:14 AM »
I choose to think of that as a convoluted form of natural selection. If there were a pandemic, those who stupidly chose not to get vaccinated get sick. Those of the stupid people who survive can still contribute their effective immune systems to the gene pool.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 09:04:32 AM »
He came to speak at our public library. It's funny, because in his books and stuff he'll say that vaccines are bad, baaahhh, yet while speaking publicly, it was more like he was trying to suggest further study into the one particular MMR vaccine. His whole position is entirely fear-based and targeted toward the fragile condition of a new mother. His presentation was also deeply based in emotion. He would give no reason why his original sample of children was so small.

?

FakeLiar

• Kelly Clarkson - Now THAT is round!
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 09:36:05 AM »
His whole position is entirely fear-based ... His presentation was also deeply based in emotion.

That is how you convince and control people - it's also how you sell stuff people don't need or want.

It worked in the middle ages (for the church), and it works today (for everyone else).
The Earth is flat, like my hairy (and rather sexy) chest.

Benocrates

• Canadian Philosopher
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 09:54:31 AM »
Forget that kook, we all know the anti-vac movement wouldn't have nearly as much steam if it weren't for that penguin Jenny McCarthy.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 11:00:41 AM by Benocrates »
Quote from: President Barack Obama
Pot had helped
Get the fuck over it.

?

FakeLiar

• Kelly Clarkson - Now THAT is round!
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 10:31:54 AM »
The Earth is flat, like my hairy (and rather sexy) chest.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 10:54:48 AM »

Benocrates

• Canadian Philosopher
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 11:00:26 AM »
bolololo, I just realized that error
Pot had helped
Get the fuck over it.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 11:31:16 AM »

Yet their voices are drowned out by the voices of those who don't have any basic understanding of medicine.

Welcome to earth, you must be new here.
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 12:54:50 PM »
I choose to think of that as a convoluted form of natural selection. If there were a pandemic, those who stupidly chose not to get vaccinated get sick. Those of the stupid people who survive can still contribute their effective immune systems to the gene pool.
The problem with this idea is that if enough people get vaccinated it stops the spread of the illness. That way if say you have a condition so you can't get a vaccin you won't get it since you won't be exposed to it. Innocent people are dieing because of this stupid idiotic movment.
You can't outrun death forever
But you can sure make the old bastard work for it.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2011, 01:04:42 PM »

Anyone old enough to make such a decision is/was probably already vaccinated, so it's their kids that suffer. That's the issue, this hoax didn't threaten stupid people, he was basically murdering babies.
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 01:07:54 PM »
Not to support him, but he really is only against the MMR vaccine. It's people like McTits up there who spread the belief that all vaccines are harmful and will eat babies.

Not that the MMR vaccine is dangerous. It really isn't.

Benocrates

• Canadian Philosopher
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2011, 01:23:59 PM »
I've looked up some of the anti-vac vids after reading this topic, and it makes me fucking furious. I've gotten over a lot of the religious nonsense that comes up in debates, and really don't get too hot about it anymore, but this shit is ridiculous. I think what makes it worse is that they're almost always dumb, self-righteous, penguiny women that refuse to be rational. I can understand knowing the existence of a god in your heart, I can see how that can happen, but you can't know a scientifically determinable fact in your heart.
Pot had helped
Get the fuck over it.