Question for Flat Earth Believers

• 28 Replies
Question for Flat Earth Believers
« on: December 29, 2010, 12:46:04 PM »
Ok I'm a little confused. Mr Davis thinks that the earth is infinite plane, does it mean he believes that the earth extends forever in all directions? Basically does he believe that you can travel for trillions of miles and never reach the end?
JJA voted for Pedro

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
Re: Question for Flat Earth Believers
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 12:48:20 PM »
I think infinite plane didn't strictly mean 'infinite', just that the Earth goes on for a great distance beyond antarctica.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 12:52:58 PM »
My understanding is that Mr. Davis means infinite.  I am, though, prone to misunderstanding these kinds of things.  It might be best to refer to Mr. Davis.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 01:05:23 PM »
Ok I'm a little confused. Mr Davis thinks that the earth is infinite plane, does it mean he believes that the earth extends forever in all directions? Basically does he believe that you can travel for trillions of miles and never reach the end?

I think yes, that's what he believes.

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 01:17:31 PM »
If Davis Model is true this would mean that there is really no such thing as north and south, because an infinite world has no equator or any kind of center. I'm very interested in this model thou, how do I contact Mr Davis?
JJA voted for Pedro

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 01:21:38 PM »
The usual procedure would be to patiently wait until he answers your post.  You might also use the advanced search option to read his previous posts on the question.

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 01:30:46 PM »
Do you believe MRS Peach that the earth extends forever in all directions? Imagine how many paradise lands the conspirators might be hiding from us. lol
JJA voted for Pedro

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 01:40:24 PM »
I think Mr. Davis' model is intriguing and deserves our every consideration.  Your imagined paradises would be cold in the extreme in Mr. Davis' model as I understand it, hellishly cold.

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 01:47:47 PM »
Yes thats why we need New Earth where the entire infinite plane is paradise. lol Imagine the theme parks 100 times larger then Disney. One thing is for sure, an infinite plane earth will eliminate all worries of shortages. Problem is thou, that the distance between countries and cities in such world will be immense, sometimes millions of miles. So we will need warmhole technology to travel quickly between vast distances of the new infinite earth plane.
JJA voted for Pedro

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 02:28:31 PM »
I think infinite plane didn't strictly mean 'infinite', just that the Earth goes on for a great distance beyond antarctica.

This is correct.

?

Part of the Problem

• The Liberal
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 02:47:24 PM »

This is correct.
Do you mean this is what your believe or this is what Davis believes?  All his posts that I've read lead me to believe that he thinks the Earth is literally infinite.
By eliminating all present contradicting possibilities you would arrive at the present truth. It's impossible to arrive at a future truth.

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 02:50:13 PM »
Tom Bishop, what do you think is south of Antarctica? What kind of continents?
JJA voted for Pedro

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 03:28:21 PM »

This is correct.

Then someone does not understand the concept of infinity.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010, 03:39:50 PM »

This is correct.

Now it can be understood why my request that Bishop not post in the other thread was not an ad hominem, but an act of mercy to the rest of us.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2010, 01:40:42 PM »

This is correct.
Do you mean this is what your believe or this is what Davis believes?

It's what I believe, and what I meant when I coined the term "infinite plane" several years ago.

Do you agree with the statement that "man's capacity for imagination is infinite"?

Many people would agree with that statement.

But in reality, man's capacity for imaginiation may or may not be infinite. In this example "infinite" is an abstract term which means "to the capacity of understanding" and has no physical value.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 04:53:19 PM by Tom Bishop »

?

Part of the Problem

• The Liberal
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2010, 02:18:54 PM »

This is correct.
Do you mean this is what your believe or this is what Davis believes?

It's what I believe, and what I meant when I coined the term "infinite plane" several years ago.

So, it's not necessarily what Davis means when he says "infinite plane", which is what the OP asked.  Just wanted to clarify.
By eliminating all present contradicting possibilities you would arrive at the present truth. It's impossible to arrive at a future truth.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2010, 02:54:00 PM »
Mr. Davis's mathematical proofs demand a truly infinite plane, and not an allegorical one.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 04:00:17 PM »
Do you agree with the statement that "man's capacity for imagination is infinite?"

But in reality, man's capacity for imaginiation may or may not be infinite. In this example "infinite" is an abstract term which means "to the capacity of understanding" and has no physical value.

Are you saying that your "infinite plane" has is an abstract term with no physical value?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2010, 04:52:28 PM »
Do you agree with the statement that "man's capacity for imagination is infinite?"

Are you saying that your "infinite plane" has is an abstract term with no physical value?

What is the value of "infinite"?

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2010, 05:14:15 PM »

I'll give you 50 quid.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2010, 05:27:30 PM »

You tell me.  You're the one that thinks that it applies to the size of the flat earth.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2011, 04:42:10 PM »

You tell me.  You're the one that thinks that it applies to the size of the flat earth.

I didn't claim the earth's size had a physical value. I described the earth as being an infinite plane. It's infinite in the sense that its value is beyond human comprehension and unknown.

"Beyond comprehension and unknown" is the value of infinity.

If you believe that this is not the definition of "infinity" please enlighten us.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2011, 04:58:48 PM »
The earth travels on indefinitely.  You can travel along it and never reach an edge. 

You can contact me via private message here.  From there I can give you an email.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2011, 06:09:21 PM »
I didn't claim the earth's size had a physical value. I described the earth as being an infinite plane. It's infinite in the sense that its value is beyond human comprehension and unknown.

Then perhaps you should use a qualifier such as "essentially" or "nigh" when you use the term "infinite plane" in order to avoid confusion.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2011, 06:12:05 PM »

If you believe that this is not the definition of "infinity" please enlighten us.

Infinity (often symbolically represented by ?) is a concept in many fields, most predominantly mathematics and physics, that refers to a quantity without bound or end.
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2011, 02:59:07 PM »

Then perhaps you should use a qualifier such as "essentially" or "nigh" when you use the term "infinite plane" in order to avoid confusion.

"Nigh infinite plane" doesn't have the same ring to it.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2011, 04:30:04 PM »

Which is more important, the ring of a phrase or it's accuracy?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2011, 05:46:20 PM »

The ring of the phrase.

It's not possible to have an accurate value for "infinity".

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2011, 05:52:35 PM »

The ring of the phrase.

Thanks for answering a lot of questions about FET.