How do the FEers know that other planets are round?

• 13 Replies
How do the FEers know that other planets are round?
« on: December 26, 2010, 09:19:04 AM »
Q: "Why are other planets round, but not the Earth?"

A: The Earth is not one of the other planets. The Earth is special and unlike the other bodies in numerous ways.

This statement implies that you guys believe that other planets are indeed round. And hence i ask how do you FEers know that other planets are round? I'm sure you guys didn't use NASA or any other space agency's evidence since you don't believe in them. And, exactly which planets are you guys referring to in this FAQ? I read it, the FAQ certainly did not define what a planet is, or list down what are some planets that the FEers are aware of.

Re: How do the FEers know that other planets are round?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 11:11:22 AM »
That answer doesn't SPECIFICALLY say that the other planets are round.

IOA

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 11:16:15 AM »
It also doesn't explain how the Earth managed to form the way it's described in the Flat Earth hypothesis. Why is Earth so special?

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 11:29:27 AM »
Even in RET Earth is special, unlike other planets.

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 11:30:46 AM »
It does. the answer is in the question.

FET states that the earth has no gravity of its own (even though it can be measured by the Cavendish expt among others), and there are different ones from there.
Basically, the earth is supposedly so special that the universal laws of physics do not apply to it.

I wouldn't say special, I'd say rare or unusual.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 11:54:14 AM »
I wouldn't say special, I'd say rare or unusual.

Like a Flat Earth. OH SHI-

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 12:25:20 PM »
It does. the answer is in the question.

No it doesn't. The answer states that Earth is unlike the other planets. It doesn't state that the other planets are round and that Earth is unlike them regarding shape.

I think that whoever wrote that answer indeed meant that, but the way it's written doesn't confirm whether he thinks the other planets are round or not.

Skeleton

• Frankly, I have better things to do with my time.
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010, 01:08:22 PM »
After all, Bob Bishop and John Davis believe the Moon is a flat disc too.
If the ultimate objective is to kill Skeleton, we should just do that next.

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2010, 01:12:08 PM »
Q: "Why are other planets round, but not the Earth?"

A: The Earth is not one of the other planets. The Earth is special and unlike the other bodies in numerous ways.

This statement implies that you guys believe that other planets are indeed round. And hence i ask how do you FEers know that other planets are round? I'm sure you guys didn't use NASA or any other space agency's evidence since you don't believe in them. And, exactly which planets are you guys referring to in this FAQ? I read it, the FAQ certainly did not define what a planet is, or list down what are some planets that the FEers are aware of.

in red: as I said, it is in the question. There is some ambiguity but still, it is there. The FAQ needs an update.

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2010, 01:47:39 PM »
So if someone asks:

"Hey Billy! Doing fine? How's your mom?"

and Billy answers:

"She's just died"

Do you infer that Billy is fine because it is in the question?

Of course not. Billy's answer doesn't confirm whether or not he is fine. It doesn't even answer how his mom is, but you can infer that his mother isn't fine because she is dead.

The same thing with the FAQ question. The answer doesn't answer the question directly, it states that the other planets are different from Earth, from which you can infer that even if the other planets are round or not, it doesn't make it so Earth HAS to be round.

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2010, 04:14:19 PM »
I'm not satisfied with this answer that the other planets are round (spherical) but the earth is flat because it "just" is with no attempt to explain why the earth is so different from all the other celestial bodies.

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2010, 08:47:46 PM »
I'm not satisfied with this answer that the other planets are round (spherical) but the earth is flat because it "just" is with no attempt to explain why the earth is so different from all the other celestial bodies.

My observation states that that is how it usually is.

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2010, 09:26:28 PM »
Q: "What about the stars, sun and moon and other planets? Are they flat too? What are they made of?"

A: The sun and moon, each 32 miles in diameter, rotate at a height of 3,000 miles above sea level. As they are spotlights, they only illuminate certain places. This explains why there are nights and days on Earth. The stars are at a height of 3,100 miles above sea level, which is as far as from San Francisco to Boston. In the dark energy model, the celestial bodies are spherical and are made of ordinary matter. These spheres are being held above the Earth by DE.

In the McIntyre model, the sun and the moon are metallic discs instead. These discs are being held above the Earth by photoelectric effect. See: Photoelectric Suspension Theory. The celestial bodies are also being suspended above the Earth by photoelectric effect in the Bishop model.

Also, in this thread http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=44948.0, EnglshGentleman has clearly stated that the faq answered the question on FEer's views on shapes of other planets. So my original question still stands, how do you guys know that the other planets are indeed spherical?

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2010, 04:03:30 AM »
So if someone asks:

"Hey Billy! Doing fine? How's your mom?"

and Billy answers:

"She's just died"

Do you infer that Billy is fine because it is in the question?

Of course not. Billy's answer doesn't confirm whether or not he is fine. It doesn't even answer how his mom is, but you can infer that his mother isn't fine because she is dead.

The same thing with the FAQ question. The answer doesn't answer the question directly, it states that the other planets are different from Earth, from which you can infer that even if the other planets are round or not, it doesn't make it so Earth HAS to be round.
Missing the point here. The answer in the FAQ question has no indication that the answer is contrary to the question, so the inference is valid.