Fox News

• 359 Replies

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: Fox News
« Reply #210 on: March 14, 2011, 10:06:04 AM »
Wat?  You know he was in charge of fund raising for NPR and not dictating policy, right? I guess Fox News left that part out.

Ahhh plausible deniability.  The liberals are soooo smart.

Plausible deniability for what?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/does-raw-video-of-npr-expose-reveal-questionable-editing-tactics/
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #211 on: March 14, 2011, 11:14:46 AM »
WTF is going on in this thread?

Lorddave

« Reply #212 on: March 14, 2011, 12:19:24 PM »
Wat?  You know he was in charge of fund raising for NPR and not dictating policy, right? I guess Fox News left that part out.

Ahhh plausible deniability.  The liberals are soooo smart.

Plausible deniability for what?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/does-raw-video-of-npr-expose-reveal-questionable-editing-tactics/
That person from the Blaze is soooo fired.
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #213 on: March 15, 2011, 06:29:48 AM »
The truth has no agenda.

Like we are all surprised OKeefe used questionable editing practices.  Doesn't make much of a difference on some of the stuff thats said.  Hence the resignation. 

BTW can I start using the Blaze as a reliable news source now?  It would make things alot easier.

Lorddave

« Reply #214 on: March 15, 2011, 08:50:40 AM »
The truth has no agenda.

Like we are all surprised OKeefe used questionable editing practices.  Doesn't make much of a difference on some of the stuff thats said.  Hence the resignation. 

BTW can I start using the Blaze as a reliable news source now?  It would make things alot easier.
Depends on if the person who reported this still has a job in a month. If not then it should be clear why.
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #215 on: March 15, 2011, 09:40:09 AM »
The truth has no agenda.

No, I just wanted to use a source you'd believe without question.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #216 on: March 16, 2011, 04:04:28 AM »
The truth has no agenda.

Ahhh Do as I say....not as I do.  Got it.  ;)

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #217 on: March 16, 2011, 08:35:59 AM »
Ooooo, Yo Mama Fight!

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #218 on: March 16, 2011, 09:46:30 AM »
The truth has no agenda.

Like we are all surprised OKeefe used questionable editing practices.  Doesn't make much of a difference on some of the stuff thats said.  Hence the resignation.  

BTW can I start using the Blaze as a reliable news source now?  It would make things alot easier.

Ahhh Do as I say....not as I do.  Got it.  ;)

When debating a biblical literalist, it is most effective to cite the bible. This doesn't mean for a moment that I give the bible any credit.
...It is not hypocritical to appeal to another sources in order to directly show problems from within your opponents framework.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 09:48:33 AM by ﮎingulaЯiτy »
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #219 on: March 16, 2011, 10:17:38 AM »
The truth has no agenda.

Ahhh Do as I say....not as I do.  Got it.  ;)

If I'd posted a link to Slate, or Huffington Post you probably would have been skeptical.  I'd already read several different sources and simply chose the one I knew you would be most likely to believe, my reply was tailored for you. I'd never use The Blaze as a source in and of itself, but I might use it as a jumping off point, sorta like Wikipedia. 

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #220 on: March 16, 2011, 07:36:24 PM »
Guys, give up. This is like trying to convince Tom that the Earth is round. It literally doesn't matter what you say; he's too deep in to back out now. He'd be humiliated.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #221 on: March 18, 2011, 05:17:39 PM »
Guys, give up. This is like trying to convince Tom that the Earth is round. It literally doesn't matter what you say; he's just a troll.

fix'd.  I agree.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #222 on: March 18, 2011, 06:46:41 PM »
Guys, give up. This is like trying to convince Tom that the Earth is round. It literally doesn't matter what you say; he's just a troll.

fix'd.  I agree.

Okay, that too.

?

Christianrocker90

• Rays Republic
« Reply #223 on: March 20, 2011, 08:12:15 PM »
The only reason you guys think Fox News is more biased than the others is because it's slant doesn't align with your political beliefs. Is that so hard to admit?

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #224 on: March 20, 2011, 08:33:07 PM »
The only reason you guys think Fox News is more biased than the others is because it's slant doesn't align with your political beliefs. Is that so hard to admit?
Neither does MSNBC, but I still content that Fox is far more biased.

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #225 on: March 20, 2011, 11:11:12 PM »

Classic fallacy.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #226 on: March 20, 2011, 11:13:45 PM »
Incorrect. I respect conservative viewpoints much more than what I see on Fox.

I think Fox News is horribly biased because of the staggering proportions of lies, misrepresentations, omitted data, and flawed logic I see aired. For an extensive list, check out the list of cited instances clearly portraying bias on Fox new on liberalviewer's youtube. Don't get caught up on the name, as the content of those videos is logical scrutiny, usually by adding information you can check. --Not a criticism of rightwing issues. Make sure you're on the correct playlist though.

I think Fox news is biased because of their admission to firing employees during the investigation of bovine growth hormone for trying to report on the problems with the hormone.

I think Fox news is biased for issuing memos to their employees that directly tells them what republican issues to ignore and what democratic things to harp on or even invent.

I think Fox news is biased for allowing (and most likely encouraging) many of their alleged 'reporters', to knowingly lie on the air, and then defending that right to directly fabricate news in court.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 01:52:39 AM by ﮎingulaЯiτy »
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #227 on: March 20, 2011, 11:14:38 PM »

Classic fallacy.

Classic psychological projection. If that's how he filters news channels, that's what he'll expect others to do.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #228 on: March 21, 2011, 04:07:52 AM »
I think Fox news is biased because of their admission to firing employees during the investigation of bovine growth hormone for trying to report on the problems with the hormone.

I think Fox news is biased for issuing memos to their employees that directly tells them what republican issues to ignore and what democratic things to harp on or even invent.

I think Fox news is biased for allowing (and most likely encouraging) many of their alleged 'reporters', to knowingly lie on the air, and then defending that right to directly fabricate news in court.

Im sure you have evidence for your outlandish claims. 

Question....what news source should we all be watching?

Hessy

• My alts: Edgeworth, any/all spambots
« Reply #229 on: March 21, 2011, 04:09:09 AM »
Question....what news source should we all be watching?

I don't think anyone implied that any news source is perfect, as you seem to think.  Some are just better (as in less biased) than others.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #230 on: March 21, 2011, 04:15:36 AM »
I don't think I implied that any new source was perfect.  I just asked him where he thought we should be getting our news from. 

?

Horatio

• Official Member
« Reply #231 on: March 21, 2011, 04:18:10 AM »
I don't think I implied that any new source was perfect.  I just asked him where he thought we should be getting our news from. 

BBC, ITV, CBC.

RT only for amusement.
How dare you have the audacity to demand my deposition. I've never even heard of you.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #232 on: March 21, 2011, 04:19:47 AM »
When i move to the UK I'll check those out.

Hessy

• My alts: Edgeworth, any/all spambots
« Reply #233 on: March 21, 2011, 05:16:25 AM »
When i move to the UK I'll check those out.

BBC

ITV

CBC

No excuses.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #234 on: March 21, 2011, 06:51:58 AM »
So international news is now covered.  What about in the US, and my local stuff?

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #235 on: March 21, 2011, 07:09:59 AM »
So international news is now covered.  What about in the US, and my local stuff?

Use a local news channel. They're usually good, even the ones labelled with the "Fox" name.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #236 on: March 21, 2011, 08:08:36 AM »

BBC, ITV, CBC.

RT only for amusement.

Al Jazeera is usually pretty good, too.

Though I suspect maybe not quite Wardogg's taste.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #237 on: March 21, 2011, 08:23:46 AM »

You don't need to know about that. If you like I can write you a script that will feed you a daily dose of paranoia and ensure your gun cabinet is well stocked. It will mostly involve aerial footage of black people running.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #238 on: March 21, 2011, 09:15:09 AM »
Im sure you have evidence for your outlandish claims.

Of course, though I didn't organize most of it. I just reviewed and researched it once it had been compiled.

I recommend Netflixing the DVD "Outfoxed". It delves much deeper into the subjects than my brief synopsis, and actually includes many more examples of Fox's crimes against journalism. But yeah, they interviewed several of the employees fired for pushing the bovine hormone story in detail and let's us look at photocopies of the written documentation AND the departmental memos outlining intentional bias. It even shows a few clips of Fox reporters directly lying... something youtube has done for us many hundreds of times.

I don't think I implied that any new source was perfect.  I just asked him where he thought we should be getting our news from.  

Anywhere else? If you know something is disinformative propaganda, move on to the next station. I can't claim I have done the same amount of research on other channels, but trying out an uncertain variation of the average is better than sticking to a certainty that is far below average.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 09:32:24 AM by ﮎingulaЯiτy »

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #239 on: March 21, 2011, 12:09:36 PM »

It has nothing to do with that. They make outright lies.