Gas prices...

• 20 Replies

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
Gas prices...
« on: April 01, 2011, 03:57:51 AM »
....have doubled under Obama.  When is he going to do something about this!!!!

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2011/mar/30/gas-prices-double-under-obama/

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
Re: Gas prices...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 04:03:07 AM »
I'm not sure he can.

Regardless, petrol isn't going to last forever. Prices are going to rise eventually.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 04:32:08 AM »
Get used to it. We're reaching (some would say we've already reached) the peak of affordable oil production, Obama could artificially lower the price for a few years but the overall trend is going to be up from here on in, I'm afraid.

?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 04:43:57 AM »
Gas was never $3.50/gallon under Bush!

Lorddave

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 04:47:27 AM »
Please learn how gas prices work before you complain about the president.
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 04:50:12 AM »

And under Bush when everyone complained it was his fault Im sure you were touting the same line then.

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 04:59:33 AM »

And under Bush when everyone complained it was his fault Im sure you were touting the same line then.

You realise your petrol is still  cheap though right?  It's 5.90, or $9.46, a gallon here.

?

Wakka Wakka

• Beat The Hell Outta Spheres!
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 05:35:48 AM »

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2011/mar/30/gas-prices-double-under-obama/
More US soldiers died during Bush's terms.

More terrorist attacks in the US during Bush's terms.

See, I can do it too.
Normally when I'm not sure I just cop a feel.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 05:36:37 AM »

You realise your petrol is still  cheap though right?  It's 5.90, or $9.46, a gallon here.

About 70% of that is tax, though.

?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 05:46:02 AM »

Gas was never $3.50/gallon under Bush!

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 05:57:33 AM »
Nobody ever blamed Bush for gas prices. ???

I blame our dependency on oil, rather, which causes us to depend on the Middle East more than is comfortable. The problem is compounded by the fact that oil is a nonrenewable resource that will become harder and harder to acquire.

By the way, as has been stated, gas prices are even worse in Europe.

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 06:09:26 AM »

About 70% of that is tax, though.

you still have to pay it

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 07:32:30 AM »
Buy smaller cars
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

Marcus Aurelius

• My Alts: Tom Bishop, Gayer, theonlydann
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2011, 07:32:57 AM »

Americans must reduce their dependency on it.  Obama, as well as Congress and any future president needs to make this a very high priority.  Having an economy that is dependent on oil from foreign nations is a major security threat to the U.S.  

Finding renewable energy solutions is not just about Global Warming and saving the environment anymore.  There are much more pressing reasons to move on this now.  Take a look at this press conference from last november with Steven Chu, the U.S. Secretary of Energy, Nobel Prize winner, and Physicist.

Lorddave

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2011, 08:04:33 AM »

I was actually cheering the higher price. You should too. Higher prices cause us to find ways to conserve. More conservation means less money for the middle east which means that those governments won't be able to fund a strong army which means America won't care as much if they become unstable.
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2011, 08:11:43 AM »
I'm not cheering it, higher fuel prices always hit the poorest and those who live in rural areas hardest, as well as rising the price of food and manufactured goods for those of us who have the good sense not to live in the middle of nowhere.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2011, 08:17:17 AM »
I have decided to keep a mule. I have a little barn that I could stable him in and he can mow the back yard when he gets peckish.

berny_74

• The IceWall! Beat that
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2011, 08:54:56 AM »
I was actually cheering the higher price. You should too. Higher prices cause us to find ways to conserve. More conservation means less money for the middle east which means that those governments won't be able to fund a strong army which means America won't care as much if they become unstable.

Well higher gas prices in Canada is a two way road.  The Alberta Tar Sands only really hit profitable stages with higher fuel prices and as Canada is a net exporter of Oil - and America's largest single source oil importer the higher the market value the greater the income generated.

Higher gas prices though still "hurts" the poor - but as Canada has always had higher gas prices - and the fact that everybody has been warned from the 70's down the road about the limitations of oil and the ever increasing alternative fuels and eco-friendly alternatives they really have only themselves to blame.

Or you could move to a country with a large supply and subsidized fuel
Venezuela $0.19/gallon or 0.05$/litre

I have decided to keep a mule. I have a little barn that I could stable him in and he can mow the back yard when he gets peckish.

Personally I would take a donkey.

Berny
My soon to be vehicle
To be fair, sometimes what FE'ers say makes so little sense that it's hard to come up with a rebuttal.
Moonlight is good for you.

Lorddave

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2011, 11:37:40 AM »
I'm not cheering it, higher fuel prices always hit the poorest and those who live in rural areas hardest, as well as rising the price of food and manufactured goods for those of us who have the good sense not to live in the middle of nowhere.

Better a slow increase than a sudden jump from $1.50 to $10.00.

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2011, 12:35:14 PM »
So lets change oil currency to the yuan. *yawn*