Trekky0623

• Official Member
Civilization V
« on: December 14, 2010, 04:29:23 PM »
Civilization V just gave this as a quote:

"Once the rockets are up, who cares where they come down?"
—Tom Hehrer

ಠ_ಠ

Worse yet, the narrator didn't even say that quote. He said something else.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
Re: Civilization V
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 05:01:24 PM »
Sticky this thread

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 10:19:52 PM »
So, Civ V is pro-war? No shit, Sherlock. There's not even a way to win without it unless you're willing to play the game for weeks on end.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 10:22:41 PM »
So, Civ V is pro-war? No shit, Sherlock. There's not even a way to win without it unless you're willing to play the game for weeks on end.

They got the name wrong, doofus. It's Tom Lehrer.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 10:25:28 PM »
O. Then I retract my previous statement. How do you know this? Who is Tom Lehrer?(Before you pour scorn on my ignorance, remember that I'm not much of a history buff, neither do I know much about American politics.)
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 10:31:59 PM »
O. Then I retract my previous statement. How do you know this? Who is Tom Lehrer?(Before you pour scorn on my ignorance, remember that I'm not much of a history buff, neither do I know much about American politics.)

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Tom Lehrer with above quote.

Look up his other songs. They're good as well. " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">This one is a favorite.

Trekky0623

• Official Member

?

Gegenubervirga

• samachew
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 05:25:44 PM »
I hold your hands in mine dear, I press them to my lips I take a healthly bite of your dainty finger tips.. Oh the woman Vongeo would sing that too.
samachews are like sandwiches only misprounonced

Lorddave

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 06:55:15 PM »
So is the game worth it? I play civ 4 occasionally and I'm not very good at it but I enjoy it. How does civ 5 rank by comparison?
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

berny_74

• The IceWall! Beat that
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2010, 05:50:29 AM »
So is the game worth it? I play civ 4 occasionally and I'm not very good at it but I enjoy it. How does civ 5 rank by comparison?

I ended up buying it - haven't gotten around to playing it.  So I guess I want to know if it was worth the Steam sale?
And for CIV 4, the best part is the standalone Colonization.  Also bought Empire total war and I don't even know if my lappy will run it  :(

Berny
Finds today annoying for some reason.
To be fair, sometimes what FE'ers say makes so little sense that it's hard to come up with a rebuttal.
Moonlight is good for you.

?

Hazbollah

• Flat Earth Editor
  • Earth Shape Apathetic.
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2010, 10:22:21 AM »

I ended up buying it - haven't gotten around to playing it.  So I guess I want to know if it was worth the Steam sale?
And for CIV 4, the best part is the standalone Colonization.  Also bought Empire total war and I don't even know if my lappy will run it  :(

Berny
Finds today annoying for some reason.

ETW isn't up to the standards of previous titles, and even with a good comp it lags for relatively average graphics (on land battles, the naval graphics are pretty damn good). Also, I detest steam.
Always check your tackle- Caerphilly school of Health. If I see an innuendo in my post, I'll be sure to whip it out.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2010, 05:23:01 PM »
Empire sucks and so does Civ 5. I only played for about 5 minutes, which isn't enough for me to comment on the quality of the game but certainly proves this one doesn't have the addictive quality of previous games.
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>

?

Thork

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2010, 05:32:00 PM »
I really wanted this game. I had civ 4 + expansions but my laptop doesn't meet min requirements for this version. (Has on board graphics).

Civ 4 was one of my all time favourites, I only play strategy games. I hope the new version is rubbish as I shall not get to play it until I get a new machine ... some time away.

This thread makes me very unhappy. :(

berny_74

• The IceWall! Beat that
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2010, 06:04:21 PM »
I really wanted this game. I had civ 4 + expansions but my laptop doesn't meet min requirements for this version. (Has on board graphics).

Civ 4 was one of my all time favourites, I only play strategy games. I hope the new version is rubbish as I shall not get to play it until I get a new machine ... some time away.

This thread makes me very unhappy. :(

Did you play Colonization - the one based on the CIV 4 engine?
And how - for me steam fills a niche - there is a great lack of PC game stores around my area and it makes life easier.

But I feel bummed that I got Civ 5 and ETW and nobody seems to like it.

Berny
Perhaps when Thork gets a decent laptop Berny can squash him in Civ 5
To be fair, sometimes what FE'ers say makes so little sense that it's hard to come up with a rebuttal.
Moonlight is good for you.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2010, 07:52:38 AM »
I've got Civ III, not entirely relevant to this discussion.

And Napoleon: Total War too. I love sea battles.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2010, 07:58:51 AM »
Civ III is for the win, I'm afraid.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2010, 08:02:14 AM »

Very very difficult, though, I found!

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2010, 08:07:06 AM »

Yeah, I didn't understand how it worked. Even on a few settings below the hardest difficulty, I'd be minding my own business like 5 minutes into the game with three workers building a path or something, and I'd just get nuked and attacked by 500 spacemen with laser rifles. How win?

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2010, 08:13:09 AM »

Yeah, I didn't understand how it worked. Even on a few settings below the hardest difficulty, I'd be minding my own business like 5 minutes into the game with three workers building a path or something, and I'd just get nuked and attacked by 500 spacemen with laser rifles. How win?

I can win on the easiest two levels by BEING the spacemen with laser rifles against peasants with bows and arrows (Who STILL manage to blow up an army of tanks)

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2010, 08:23:55 AM »

I can win on the easiest two levels by BEING the spacemen with laser rifles against peasants with bows and arrows (Who STILL manage to blow up an army of tanks)

"OK, OK, I'll stop beating you up, if you give me two of your cities, leaving you with one. Awesome. Pleasure doing business with you. Not really, haha, stick your peace treaty up your arse."

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2010, 08:26:27 AM »
And then you spend the rest of the game protecting the surviving city because you feel somehow guilty for forcing them into what are essentially reserves.

And the gits hate you for the rest of the game.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2010, 09:12:56 AM »
I was playing and it was down to myself as Rome and France. France has something like 55 gold. I have 15,000 gold.

LET THE WAR BEGIN.