Question

• 7 Replies
Question
« on: December 10, 2010, 01:06:09 PM »
So if I understand your FE theory correctly, it seems that gravity doesn't exist or is very minor in the FE theory. However, gravity is what scientists think created the earth by causing asteroids and the like to form  together and create a spherical planet. But if you don't believe in gravity, how did the earth come to be?
"Your theory is crazy, but it's not crazy enough to be true. "
Niels Bohr

TheUnseenForce

• My logic is undeniable.
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 01:13:15 PM »
I think that is a great question. Universal acceleration would have made it impossible for a "flat planet" like ours to exist. And just for the record, gravity has been shown to be leaking from other universes.

If you do not believe me, click here.

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 01:22:33 PM »
Very true. Also, if the universe is constantly expanding then more and more dark energy would form. This would cause the acceleration of the earth to increase faster and faster and not stay at a steady 9.81m/s^2. If you don't believe me go here http://science.nasa.gov/astrophysics/focus-areas/what-is-dark-energy/ .
"Your theory is crazy, but it's not crazy enough to be true. "
Niels Bohr

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 02:51:09 PM »
Linking to NASA.

Nice.  ;)

?

Horatio

• Official Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 03:20:46 PM »
Linking to NASA.

Nice.  ;)

Please disprove the claims made in the link.

Otherwise, stick to the lower forums, please.
How dare you have the audacity to demand my deposition. I've never even heard of you.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 11:29:52 PM »
So if I understand your FE theory correctly, it seems that gravity doesn't exist or is very minor in the FE theory. However, gravity is what scientists think created the earth by causing asteroids and the like to form  together and create a spherical planet. But if you don't believe in gravity, how did the earth come to be?

Are you asking us, The Flat Earth Society, how we cannot accept gravity because you say it's the only way a spherical planet could form?....  I want you to think long and hard about that question until you see the blaring flaw in it.  
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 02:18:44 AM by Pongo »

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 05:30:43 AM »
So if I understand your FE theory correctly, it seems that gravity doesn't exist or is very minor in the FE theory. However, gravity is what scientists think created the earth by causing asteroids and the like to form  together and create a spherical planet. But if you don't believe in gravity, how did the earth come to be?

Are you asking us, The Flat Earth Society, how we cannot accept gravity because you say it's the only way a spherical planet could form?....  I want you to think long and hard about that question until you see the blaring flaw in it.  

I think the question is more about how the Flat Earth would form.
RE has gravity, which pulled mass together creating planets between 13 and 5 billion years ago (roughly.  The age of the universe in RET is 13.9 billion years, and age of the Earth is 4.6 billion).
As I understand it, FET has some funky force pushing the world up all the time (apologies for my gross generalisation and misunderstanding of current FET), and that doesn't account for the original formation of the FE.
BSc (Hons) Geology
Fellow of the Geological Society of London

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 08:19:59 AM »

Where did he say that accretion is the only way that a spherical planet could form?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.