Simple things that prove much on this site wrong.

• 140 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: Simple things that prove much on this site wrong.
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2010, 11:46:40 AM »
To my knowledge Dr. Bishop has never claimed to be a physiotherapist or radiographer residing in the UK.

I, also, have no memory of any such claim made by Dr. Bishop.

To my knowledge, Tom Bishop has never claimed to have earned the title Doctor in any way, shape or form.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2010, 01:33:56 PM »
But it's well known that you're just mean. I jest of course. As I don't know him well enough to call him Tom, I'll just continue with the usual requirements of polite society.  :)

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2010, 02:00:58 PM »
To my knowledge Dr. Bishop has never claimed to be a physiotherapist or radiographer residing in the UK.

He has made as much claim to that as he has to being a Doctor. Therefore, if Peach and others are going to refer to him as Dr Bishop, then I shall refer to him as Tom Bishop DCR(R).
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2010, 04:39:34 PM »

I, also, have no memory of any such claim made by Dr. Bishop.

I never heard Crack-Junkie Bishop say that he isn't a crack junkie. Still I find it VERY appropriate to give someone stature that I have no idea he deserves.
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

?

Communist_Me

« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2010, 04:56:42 PM »
Let's put things this way. According to FEer methodology, I will state my own theory. I want you guys (FEers and REers) to come up with arguments to disprove my claim.

The cube earth theory

The earth is a cube. This is proved by various scientific facts. For example, if you are in the southern regions of earth, the stars on the night sky are different than in the north. Second, the solar cycle. You can not see the sun at night because it is on the other side of cube earth. Third, how do I prove the earth is a cube? Well, the horizon is always flat. And mountains are actually the edges of cube earth. In fact, when you climb a mountain, then climb down the other side, you will not see the horizon on the other side of the mountain because the earth is a cube and the horizon is at a different angle. Also, when climbing down a mountain, you feel yourself going down hill because you are descending on another side of cube earth. The positions of mountains on maps are actually all a big conspiracy invented by our leaders to make us believe the earth is round or flat, to hide the fact that the earth is a cube. Moreover, not all sides of the earth cube have been explored and all aliens and UFOs come from those unexplored site.

Cube earth theory is also supported by the fact that the durations of night and day vary in winter. This is because cube earth wobbles as it revolves around the sun and some sides are more exposed than others during some periods of the year. Also, the proof that earth is a cube is there for everyone to see. When you wake up in the morning, you see the sun rising from behind a straight flat edge in the distance and moreover, all shadows are straight instead of curved. If the earth were round, shadows would be curved, while if the earth would be flat, sunrise would occur at the same time allover the world.

And there you have it. Which of you can prove with scientific arguments (mythology will not be taken into consideration, as I have proven my theory with scientific facts) that my theory is wrong and yours is right? This is not trolling, it is a good exercise for both FEers and REers to debate their theory from another point of view.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2010, 05:19:31 PM »
Let's put things this way. According to FEer methodology, I will state my own theory. I want you guys (FEers and REers) to come up with arguments to disprove my claim.

The cube earth theory

The earth is a cube. This is proved by various scientific facts. For example, if you are in the southern regions of earth, the stars on the night sky are different than in the north. Second, the solar cycle. You can not see the sun at night because it is on the other side of cube earth. Third, how do I prove the earth is a cube? Well, the horizon is always flat. And mountains are actually the edges of cube earth. In fact, when you climb a mountain, then climb down the other side, you will not see the horizon on the other side of the mountain because the earth is a cube and the horizon is at a different angle. Also, when climbing down a mountain, you feel yourself going down hill because you are descending on another side of cube earth. The positions of mountains on maps are actually all a big conspiracy invented by our leaders to make us believe the earth is round or flat, to hide the fact that the earth is a cube. Moreover, not all sides of the earth cube have been explored and all aliens and UFOs come from those unexplored site.

Cube earth theory is also supported by the fact that the durations of night and day vary in winter. This is because cube earth wobbles as it revolves around the sun and some sides are more exposed than others during some periods of the year. Also, the proof that earth is a cube is there for everyone to see. When you wake up in the morning, you see the sun rising from behind a straight flat edge in the distance and moreover, all shadows are straight instead of curved. If the earth were round, shadows would be curved, while if the earth would be flat, sunrise would occur at the same time allover the world.

And there you have it. Which of you can prove with scientific arguments (mythology will not be taken into consideration, as I have proven my theory with scientific facts) that my theory is wrong and yours is right? This is not trolling, it is a good exercise for both FEers and REers to debate their theory from another point of view.

I am responding to an original post.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2010, 06:09:26 PM »
But it's well known that you're just mean.

You forgot to point out my poor memory.  ;)

Pudding

• In Search of The Truth
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2010, 07:06:12 PM »

The cube earth theory

The Cubist cover-up has been in operation for a long time and I applaud you for having the courage to expose it.

However, I would advise against exposing too many Cubist facts, such as FE theory is just another Government ploy to control and manipulate us.
"Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither"

Nobody actually believes in FET, we just like to pretend for fun.

fenterb

• Part of the conspiracy
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2010, 07:47:43 PM »

The cube earth theory

The Cubist cover-up has been in operation for a long time and I applaud you for having the courage to expose it.

However, I would advise against exposing too many Cubist facts, such as FE theory is just another Government ploy to control and manipulate us.

the cubist cover up is actually a red herring generated by the conspiracy to draw attention away from the FE believers who are just getting to darn close to exposing the truth with the irrefutable evidence of FE they have been diligently gathering on this forum, like that 1 book some guy wrote a long time ago

but the conspirators struggle is in vain, any day now the truth will erupt forth into the world thanks to the galliant efforts of the fine scientists who honour this board with their groundbreaking scientific research.  I eagerly wait the day when we can tear down the periodic tables in science labs and stick up the FAQ instead, and maybe salute it and think for a minute about the dear brave soldiers of truth who risked everything to end decades of tyranny and deceit by a handful of people from NASA

The joke will be on you einstein when your discredited fantasy physics theories are thrown out the window and replaced by celestial gears and bendy light.  Then we can tear that nobel prize off you and hand it to top bishop who really deserves it for his great service furthering the understanding of the universe by looking out his window

Battle on my noble soldiers of reason, the end is in sight

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2010, 08:22:20 PM »
Cube earth wasn't even funny the first time it was used, let alone the hundreds of times that followed.
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

?

Communist_Me

« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2010, 12:55:44 AM »
My point isn't cube earth, round earth or even flat earth. Its your methodology of argumentation. That's what I wanted to point out in my previous post.

Pudding

• In Search of The Truth
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2010, 01:30:05 AM »

The cube earth theory

the cubist cover up is actually a red herring generated by the conspiracy to draw attention away from the FE believers who are just getting to darn close to exposing the truth with the irrefutable evidence of FE they have been diligently gathering on this forum, like that 1 book some guy wrote a long time ago

but the conspirators struggle is in vain, any day now the truth will erupt forth into the world thanks to the galliant efforts of the fine scientists who honour this board with their groundbreaking scientific research.  I eagerly wait the day when we can tear down the periodic tables in science labs and stick up the FAQ instead, and maybe salute it and think for a minute about the dear brave soldiers of truth who risked everything to end decades of tyranny and deceit by a handful of people from NASA

The joke will be on you einstein when your discredited fantasy physics theories are thrown out the window and replaced by celestial gears and bendy light.  Then we can tear that nobel prize off you and hand it to top bishop who really deserves it for his great service furthering the understanding of the universe by looking out his window

You couldn't see that I was only continuing the point in a light manner.

My big problem with the conspiracy is that no FE believer can answer me as to why the deception exists, who gains and how so many global institutions could all collaborate for so many centuries without a single leak?

Once this can be answered, I shall submit some proof of my own findings that the earth is round. Proof enough for everyone with the possible exception of the Zetetics.

fenterb

• Part of the conspiracy
« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2010, 05:25:53 AM »

The cube earth theory

You couldn't see that I was only continuing the point in a light manner.

My big problem with the conspiracy is that no FE believer can answer me as to why the deception exists, who gains and how so many global institutions could all collaborate for so many centuries without a single leak?

Once this can be answered, I shall submit some proof of my own findings that the earth is round. Proof enough for everyone with the possible exception of the Zetetics.

Obviously this can never be answered as the conspiracy is comically illogical.  It is just an artifact of starting with the incorrect axiom that the earth is flat and going from there.

berny_74

• The IceWall! Beat that
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2010, 05:47:38 AM »
Cube earth wasn't even funny the first time it was used, let alone the hundreds of times that followed.

How is it any less funny than a Flat Earth?  Or the fact that FE'ers consistently inverse the Poles to keep their NorthCentric viewpoints to keep the South in limbo.

Berny
Didn't even mention HET
To be fair, sometimes what FE'ers say makes so little sense that it's hard to come up with a rebuttal.
Moonlight is good for you.

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2010, 11:17:05 AM »

But Cube Earth ARE dinosaurs!
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

berny_74

• The IceWall! Beat that
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2010, 05:56:38 PM »

But Cube Earth ARE dinosaurs!

Did the evolve from birds?

Berny
A little wiped.
To be fair, sometimes what FE'ers say makes so little sense that it's hard to come up with a rebuttal.
Moonlight is good for you.

Pudding

• In Search of The Truth
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2010, 04:20:48 PM »

I think it is abundantly clear that fenterb is merely taking the 'Flying Spaghetti Monster' approach (along the lines of: if something cannot be disproven, then it must be given credence).

TheUnseenForce

• My logic is undeniable.
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2011, 01:27:30 PM »
Here FE goes again... changing the subject so they can get out of having to prove their (wrong) theories. As far as I know, no FE-er has been able to produce a good response to 29silhouette's post on the first page. As for Dr. Bishop... it is more likely he is part of a FE conspiracy than NASA being part of a RE conspiracy. It really isn't that hard to see.

IOA

« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2011, 02:08:38 PM »
Holy shit, the voice of reason! Thanks Communist Me, you basically illustrated the foundation on which Flat Earth hypothesis was built. It's just a stupid attempt to troll people while seeming smart. It's completely based off of hypotheses that get more and more ludicrous as an explanation is trying to be formed. For example, I could argue that Leprechauns are real, but nobody sees them because nobody's been to the end of a rainbow. That's basically Flying Spaghetti Monster and Flat Earth "theory" right there, in a nutshell.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2011, 06:56:33 PM »
Holy shit, the voice of reason! Thanks Communist Me, you basically illustrated the foundation on which Flat Earth hypothesis was built. It's just a stupid attempt to troll people while seeming smart. It's completely based off of hypotheses that get more and more ludicrous as an explanation is trying to be formed. For example, I could argue that Leprechauns are real, but nobody sees them because nobody's been to the end of a rainbow. That's basically Flying Spaghetti Monster and Flat Earth "theory" right there, in a nutshell.

No it isn't. Lurk moar.

IOA

« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2011, 07:28:36 PM »
Exactly.

« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2011, 01:03:37 PM »
The earth's magnetism also shows that they are indeed at the south pole. (And if they were not at the true south pole they would be at the magnetic south, which is close.)

Are you suggesting the Earth's magnetic field is the only thing that can affect magnets?

Besides, the rim is magnetic south, not just one point.
The magnetic south isnt at the south pole, its close to it, but not a perfect match. The same goes for the magnetic north pole. This is why most modern ships (and airplanes etc.) use gyroscopes to keep in track of direction. A gyroscopes is not affected by magnetism, and is based on simple laws of conservation of angular momentum and geometry. It't not an instrument you can fool from a distance. There has also been several flights above and over the south pole, and unledd you suggest teleportation, I don't see how you can explain confirmed airplane tours which cross the south pole, which in your perspective is 40000km, (but on a round earth, from 1000-2500 km) in about three hours?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2011, 05:16:45 PM »
The earth's magnetism also shows that they are indeed at the south pole. (And if they were not at the true south pole they would be at the magnetic south, which is close.)

Are you suggesting the Earth's magnetic field is the only thing that can affect magnets?

The magnetic south isnt at the south pole, its close to it, but not a perfect match. The same goes for the magnetic north pole. This is why most modern ships (and airplanes etc.) use gyroscopes to keep in track of direction. A gyroscopes is not affected by magnetism, and is based on simple laws of conservation of angular momentum and geometry. It't not an instrument you can fool from a distance. There has also been several flights above and over the south pole, and unledd you suggest teleportation, I don't see how you can explain confirmed airplane tours which cross the south pole, which in your perspective is 40000km, (but on a round earth, from 1000-2500 km) in about three hours?

There aren't any airplane tours which cross the south pole.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2011, 05:33:42 PM »
This is why most modern ships (and airplanes etc.) use gyroscopes to keep in track of direction. A gyroscopes is not affected by magnetism, and is based on simple laws of conservation of angular momentum and geometry. It't not an instrument you can fool from a distance.

Gyroscopes require constant adjustment.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones

Romer

« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2011, 07:26:10 PM »

Actually, there are:
http://www.adventure-network.com/display.asp?navid=1&id=36
http://www.polarexplorers.com/expeditions/southpole-flights.shtml
http://www.polar-quest.com/?SID=1&PID=2&TID=81

These are dummy sites put out by NASA to keep the conspiracy alive... Plus nobody is interested in going that far south, have you done one of these tours yourself or know someone who has gone on one of these tours? Yeah, I didnt think so.

If you call the phone numbers listed, there's no answer.

Try it!

Tel: +1 (801) 266 4876 / 4982

/scarcasim
/stupidity

Romer

« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2011, 07:28:49 PM »

Oh! So you admit then, that the south pole can be crossed?

We're making progress with the pea brains!

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2011, 12:36:07 AM »

Actually, there are:

My mistake. I meant that there are no tours which cross Antarctica, as to demonstrate that it is not an infinite plane.

The South Pole is a series of points 90 degrees south, and is certainly crossable.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 12:37:40 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2011, 12:52:42 AM »
This is why most modern ships (and airplanes etc.) use gyroscopes to keep in track of direction. A gyroscopes is not affected by magnetism, and is based on simple laws of conservation of angular momentum and geometry. It't not an instrument you can fool from a distance.

Gyroscopes require constant adjustment.
It does not change the fact that you can't fool it from a distance. Also, you have accelerometers, or inertial sensors. These also build up an uncertainty, but they are more than good enough to be used to cross the south pole. And how do you define "constant adjustment"? How often, and how much do you have to adjust it?

Also, there are flights that cross the south pole. In addition, there are cruise ships that go to the south pole.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 05:25:29 AM by Christopher »

« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2011, 12:54:15 AM »

Actually, there are:

My mistake. I meant that there are no tours which cross Antarctica, as to demonstrate that it is not an infinite plane.

The South Pole is a series of points 90 degrees south, and is certainly crossable.
These points should be at the rim, shouldn't it? There are flights that indeed cross the antarctic continent, and according to your FE-map, comes out on "the other side", at the opposite end of the disc.