Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

• 9 Replies
?

spoon

• Flat Earth Editor
  • ho ho ho
Daft Punk - Random Access Memories
« on: May 13, 2013, 06:33:51 PM »
I was never a huge fan, but the single "Lucky" was kinda fun and my interest was spiked. The whole album is currently streaming on itunes for a limited time. It's definitely not my usual genre but it's fun to listen to.

http://www.itunes.com/daftpunk
I work nights are get the feeling of impennding doom for things most people take for granted.

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
Re: Daft Punk - Random Access Memories
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 08:56:00 PM »
Been listening to it for a bit, I love the one with Casablancas.

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 09:04:25 PM »
Is this thing really worth having it's own thread?

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 09:22:31 PM »

Become a Viking today!

?

spoon

• Flat Earth Editor
  • ho ho ho
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 12:22:14 PM »
idk :P I felt it was worth it simply because the whole album is currently streaming free.
I work nights are get the feeling of impennding doom for things most people take for granted.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 01:13:10 PM »
I have listened to it, and I have come to the conclusion that it is bretty gud 7/10

The 70s disco vibe is a pretty welcome addition to me since I never really liked Daft Punk's sound all that much, except for a few select tracks. But I enjoyed most of the tracks on this one to some extent. So I dunno, maybe this is my favourite album from them, but obviously that doesn't mean very much.

?

spoon

• Flat Earth Editor
  • ho ho ho
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 07:53:31 PM »
I have listened to it, and I have come to the conclusion that it is bretty gud 7/10

The 70s disco vibe is a pretty welcome addition to me since I never really liked Daft Punk's sound all that much, except for a few select tracks. But I enjoyed most of the tracks on this one to some extent. So I dunno, maybe this is my favourite album from them, but obviously that doesn't mean very much.

This sums up my feelings as well.

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 04:34:10 PM »
#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">A-Bit of Daft Punk

Also:

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories: Well, I’m not sure this was either better or worse than I thought it was going to be, so that’s good. It’s not as amazing as some people led me to believe, but it’s a hell of a lot more sophisticated and non-generic than their earlier stuff. I’m not sure what more to say other than that. It was really good, I guess. There were hits and misses, but for the most part I liked it quite a bit. My favourite tracks would be “Contact”, “Touch (feat. Paul Williams)”, “Lose Yourself to Dance” and “Doin’ It Right (feat. Panda Bear)”.
Recently listened to:

?

spoon

• Flat Earth Editor
  • ho ho ho
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 08:16:12 PM »
ehhh yeah I probably could've just posted it as a recommendation in your thread I guess :P

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 12:21:02 AM »
Oh, no, I was just saying what I thought of it. If you wanna talk about it, should have its own thread. :P
Recently listened to: