US Government lying again.

• 28 Replies
?

Thork

US Government lying again.
« on: November 10, 2010, 05:00:52 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11721981

So the Pentagon says
"Right now all indications are that it was not [defence department] involvement in this launch"

So someone else is launching missiles in California?

But the pentagon also says
The Pentagon does not consider the missile a threat.

So they have no idea who launched it, but can be absolutely sure someone firing missiles in main land US is of no threat. ???

Why don't they just do their missile tests in the desert or Alaska where less people will see? That way they don't have to make these ridiculous paradoxical claims? And why is the first reaction to everything deny, deny, deny. It just makes the US government look like a bunch of liars.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
Re: US Government lying again.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 06:06:15 AM »
So they have no idea who launched it, but can be absolutely sure someone firing missiles in main land US is of no threat. ???

They didn't say that, nor did they confirm that it even was a missile.  Why are you suddenly jumping to the conclusion that they're lying?  If they were test-firing a missile, why not say so?  It's not exactly a classified secret that we have missiles.  And here are a couple of other theories:

http://uncinus.wordpress.com/2010/11/09/4/

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/11/09/national/main7039034.shtml

You probably know more about planes than I do, but I don't think that always assuming that the government is lying is much more logical than always assuming that the government is telling the truth.

berny_74

• The IceWall! Beat that
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 06:41:24 AM »
Ah that happens all over.  We just call em UFO's.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2010/05/28/ufo-newfoundland-dnd.html

Military experts discredit the possibility of ballistic and cruise missiles. DND's Directorate of Scientific and Technical Intelligence (DSTI) assessed the images and reported: "The object is not a ballistic missile, not a cruise missile in boost phase nor a cruise missile in-flight phase. It is also not a licensed model rocket launcher."

Berny
Methinks the French are up to something

To be fair, sometimes what FE'ers say makes so little sense that it's hard to come up with a rebuttal.
Moonlight is good for you.

?

Thork

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 06:46:13 AM »
Well I hadn't seen the 'its an aircraft' theory. Having watched the video again though, that doesn't look much like an aircraft to me. The contrails are too thick and don't dissipate (also single engine?). It also came from 35 miles off-shore. Only an aircraft carrier is going to be able to launch an aircraft from there, and that would be the defence department's so again they would know about it.
Your second link also says
Missile tests are common off Southern California. Launches are conducted from vessels and platforms on an ocean range west of Point Mugu

Why not say so is my point? Why not just say, yep, its ours, we launched it, business as usual. It is very strange.

I'm sure more information will come to light. I just worry that the longer you wait for an explanation, the longer people have to get their stories straight.

Or maybe the US got caught with its pants down and it is indeed from a foreign nation? That wouldn't be something they could admit in a hurry. Who knows. I will wait for further emerging details.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 07:39:34 AM »
Well I hadn't seen the 'its an aircraft' theory. Having watched the video again though, that doesn't look much like an aircraft to me. The contrails are too thick and don't dissipate (also single engine?). It also came from 35 miles off-shore. Only an aircraft carrier is going to be able to launch an aircraft from there, and that would be the defence department's so again they would know about it.
Your second link also says
Missile tests are common off Southern California. Launches are conducted from vessels and platforms on an ocean range west of Point Mugu

Why not say so is my point? Why not just say, yep, its ours, we launched it, business as usual. It is very strange.

I'm sure more information will come to light. I just worry that the longer you wait for an explanation, the longer people have to get their stories straight.

Or maybe the US got caught with its pants down and it is indeed from a foreign nation? That wouldn't be something they could admit in a hurry. Who knows. I will wait for further emerging details.

If it was their missile and it was classified boldfaced lying is the best policy. Why is a lie inherently bad? In a situation where telling the truth will give no one any benefit, lying is generally the best answer if it does supply benefits and can not be proven.

Lorddave

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 05:06:24 AM »
Meh.
Probably just someone firing off a missile by accident.  The Pentagon would be too embarrassed to say that it happened and thus they'd lie and hope it blows over.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 09:06:44 AM »
Meh.
Probably just someone firing off a missile by accident.  The Pentagon would be too embarrassed to say that it happened and thus they'd lie and hope it blows over.

Why not just admit that the missile was theirs, but say that it was a normal test?

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 09:13:34 AM »
It was most definitely a test. The air space was cleared before the missile was launched.

Furthermore, the missile was launched off an island, since it's too big to be fired from a submarine.

People be fear mongering.

EDIT: Here is the most likely notice for air space:

NOTAM for LA.
KZLA LOS ANGELES A2832/10 - THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS ARE REQUIRED DUE TO NAVAL AIR WARFARE CENTER WEAPONS DIVISION ACTIVATION OF W537. IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY, ALL NON-PARTICIPATING PILOTS ARE ADVISED TO AVOID W537. IFR TRAFFIC UNDER ATC JURISDICTION SHOULD ANTICIPATE CLEARANCE AROUND W537 AND CAE 1176. CAE 1155 WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION. CAE 1316 & CAE 1318 WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION. CAE 1177 WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION. W537 ACTIVE, CAE 1176 CLOSED. SURFACE - FL390, 09 NOV 20:00 2010 UNTIL 10 NOV 01:00 2010. CREATED: 08 NOV 20:52 2010
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 09:26:15 AM by Trekky0623 »

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 09:27:24 AM »
What I want to know is where the missile came down.

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 01:10:59 PM »
I happened to have seen this "missle" as it was being launched and can attest that it is in fact NOT a missile but instead a large tube, presumeably full of chemicals to perpetuate the Round Earth theory

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 01:25:00 PM »
Something else:

Since this missile is going west, it isn't moving with the rotation of the Earth, so the goal is probably not to reach orbit. The missile either came down somewhere or exploded in the air.

Lorddave

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2010, 06:11:40 PM »
I just watched the Daily show and it brought up a good point...

The camera man tracked the object for 10 minutes.  Could have have actually done that if it was a missile?  Don't missiles travel relatively quickly, resulting in the object disappearing from view after only a few minutes?
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 07:59:29 PM »
I just watched the Daily show and it brought up a good point...

The camera man tracked the object for 10 minutes.  Could have have actually done that if it was a missile?  Don't missiles travel relatively quickly, resulting in the object disappearing from view after only a few minutes?

This is an interesting point. There are some theories going around that it was a plane that made the contrail. Some dude posted pictures of another plane making the exact same contrail, though the pictures are now down.

Not sure what to believe. Could be a rocket, though the thing probably still wouldn't reach orbit.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 09:37:41 AM »
It was most definitely a test. The air space was cleared before the missile was launched.

Furthermore, the missile was launched off an island, since it's too big to be fired from a submarine.

People be fear mongering.

EDIT: Here is the most likely notice for air space:

NOTAM for LA.
KZLA LOS ANGELES A2832/10 - THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS ARE REQUIRED DUE TO NAVAL AIR WARFARE CENTER WEAPONS DIVISION ACTIVATION OF W537. IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY, ALL NON-PARTICIPATING PILOTS ARE ADVISED TO AVOID W537. IFR TRAFFIC UNDER ATC JURISDICTION SHOULD ANTICIPATE CLEARANCE AROUND W537 AND CAE 1176. CAE 1155 WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION. CAE 1316 & CAE 1318 WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION. CAE 1177 WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION. W537 ACTIVE, CAE 1176 CLOSED. SURFACE - FL390, 09 NOV 20:00 2010 UNTIL 10 NOV 01:00 2010. CREATED: 08 NOV 20:52 2010

Check the length of the video from launch of "missile" ti; it ends. Find the slowest speed of any currently used american missile. Multiply to find a reasonable minimum distance traveled.

Not a missile.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 09:42:19 AM »
So it's either a rocket or a plane.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 03:54:01 PM »
UFO!

(I've been watching Ancient Aliens, lol)
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 05:17:43 PM »
UFO!

That's a factual program. It's on the History Channel.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2010, 05:20:36 PM »
UFO!

That's a factual program. It's on the History Channel.

This show is the chief reason I've lost all respect for the History Channel.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2010, 06:26:55 PM »
Who else hates the dude on that show with the messy black hair? He actually claimed that the Greek God's resemblance to humans is evidence that they are aliens.

Obviously anthropomorphism is ridiculous.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2010, 06:35:55 PM »
He actually claimed that the Greek God's resemblance to humans is evidence that they are aliens.

lolwut?

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2010, 06:37:30 PM »
He actually claimed that the Greek God's resemblance to humans is evidence that they are aliens.

lolwut?

Yup. He said something along the lines of "Why do you think the Greek Gods behaved in such human ways and not like Gods? Because they weren't gods, they were instead aliens"

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2010, 07:18:32 PM »

lolwut?

Yup. He said something along the lines of "Why do you think the Greek Gods behaved in such human ways and not like Gods? Because they weren't gods, they were instead aliens"

That makes no sense.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2010, 07:19:18 PM »

lolwut?

That makes no sense.

No shit.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2010, 06:02:10 AM »

lolwut?

That makes no sense.

That is why I am waiting for the day that a tv comes out that lets you choke people through it.

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2010, 06:36:36 AM »
Airplane.

/thread

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2010, 06:41:12 AM »
So when will the public backlash come out and demand that the media fact checks?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2010, 09:56:00 AM »
Who else hates the dude on that show with the messy black hair? He actually claimed that the Greek God's resemblance to humans is evidence that they are aliens.

Obviously anthropomorphism is ridiculous.

The one with the kinda orange face? OMG, I love him! His silliness is the entire reason to watch the show, lol.  I am amazed by the poofiness of his hair.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2010, 03:05:00 PM »
Whatever happened to common sense? It's quite easy to comprehend that it's not a missile by the facts given. They said the reporter recorded the object for ~10 minutes. Some of the lowest missiles travel at ~7000 mph or ~3300 m/s...soooo if he recorded the thing for 10 minutes, that thing would be 1000 miles in the other direction. 1/3 the length of the U.S.

What we learned is that the media is still shitty, and blows everything out of proportions.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2010, 03:05:53 PM »
What we learned is that the media is still shitty, and blows everything out of proportions.

Hey, speak for yourself.  I already knew that one.