Scientific proof that Star Trek would crush Star Wars in any war

• 80 Replies

spanner34.5

• feck arse drink
Re: Scientific proof that Star Trek would crush Star Wars in any war
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2010, 08:33:28 AM »

This is the scientific proof I need. Star Trek wins!
My I.Q. is 85. Or was it 58?

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2010, 08:34:20 AM »
RoundEarthGuy: You keep limiting Star Trek to just having the Federation. Why?

He's scared of the Dominion.

Berny
Is your chair Odo?

Ah, man, what would happen if you got a couple of shapeshifters into the Empire?

O'Brien: What if I were to tell you that there are only four Changelings on this entire planet. Not counting Constable Odo, of course. Think of it—just four of us, and look at the havoc we've wrought.

Sisko: How do I know that you're telling me the truth?

O'Brien: Oh, four is more than enough. We're smarter than solids. We're better than you. And most importantly, we do not fear you the way you fear us. In the end, it's your fear that will destroy you.

Just four shapeshifters and the Federation was instituting the 24th century Patriot Act.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2010, 08:44:59 AM »
vADER WOULD PROBABLY BE ABLE TO SNIFF THEM OUT WITH SOME LIBERAL APPLICATION OF THE FORCE...

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2010, 08:47:47 AM »
There's been no indication that  Vader can read minds. He can sense people that are close to him (Obi-Wan, Luke), but that's the extent of it. Luke even says in Return of the Jedi that he was endangering the mission and that he shouldn't have come, implying that Vader would not have been able to detect Han, Leia, Chewie, and everyone else on the Imperial Shuttle.

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2010, 10:42:01 AM »
Send the borg in and the klingons and i cant imagine it getting passed day 2.
Stop all this nonesense and bring on the lapdancers.
I understand Jack1704. It's a Brit thing.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2010, 10:43:34 AM »
past

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2010, 12:46:17 PM »
RoundEarthGuy: You keep limiting Star Trek to just having the Federation. Why?

Oh, they can have the borg, dominion, species 8472, romulans and klingons.  They still lose.

You're doubtless going to ask why I don't allow the Q.  I never claimed that Star Wars could beat the Q, so your question is a strawman.

EnigmaZV

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2010, 12:57:43 PM »
Would you allow all future Federation ships and technology possible beyond the year 2900, seeing as they've invented time-travel?
Also, would you allow the time-travelling Federation ships to travel to a point in time before the Star Wars universe even had sentient life and fight them then?
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2010, 01:10:26 PM »
Would you allow all future Federation ships and technology possible beyond the year 2900, seeing as they've invented time-travel?
Also, would you allow the time-travelling Federation ships to travel to a point in time before the Star Wars universe even had sentient life and fight them then?

If you allow Star Wars to have the Celestials, then the Federation gets those too.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2010, 01:12:27 PM »
I never claimed that Star Wars could beat the Q, so your question is a strawman.

So you agree that Star Trek would beat Star Wars?

Lorddave

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2010, 01:13:50 PM »
Can we have our army of Holograms, sentient computer systems, shape shifters, and holoemitters?
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2010, 01:27:45 PM »

If you allow Star Wars to have the Celestials, then the Federation gets those too.

Appearances

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Mentioned only)
Lando Calrissian and the Mindharp of Sharu (First mentioned)
Star Wars: Rebellion (Mentioned only)
Dark Nest I: The Joiner King (Mentioned only)
Dark Nest III: The Swarm War (Mentioned only)
Outcast (Mentioned only)
Abyss (Mentioned only)

ಠ_ಠ

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2010, 01:30:12 PM »
I still don't understand why having Q is cheating.

"Star Wars would crush Star Trek in any war.

Any war. As in any possible combination of Star Trek against Star Wars.

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2010, 01:31:24 PM »

"Star Wars would crush Star Trek in any war.

Lorddave

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2010, 01:31:58 PM »
 ::)I don't recall celestials mentioned in KOTOR....
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2010, 01:32:08 PM »
I never claimed that Star Wars could beat the Q, so your question is a strawman.

If Star Trek has the Q, then yes.  I never claimed otherwise, but you clearly can't understand this.

Now my turn for a question:

Do you agree that, without the Q or other species, Star Wars beats Star Trek?

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2010, 01:33:15 PM »

If Star Trek has the Q, then yes.  I never claimed otherwise, but you clearly can't understand this.

Yes. But Star Trek does have Q.

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2010, 01:35:43 PM »

And your point is...what?

If you're a Christian, then you'd believe that God exists.  Does that mean that modern day Earth could defeat Star Wars (if Star Wars in that scenario exists and if God in that scenario exists).

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2010, 01:38:23 PM »
wat

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2010, 01:43:46 PM »

If Star Trek has the Q, then yes.  I never claimed otherwise, but you clearly can't understand this.

If you're a Christian, then you'd believe that God exists.  Does that mean that modern day Earth could defeat Star Wars (if Star Wars in that scenario exists and if God in that scenario exists).

God is not a part of modern day Earth, so no. You can't even state in the modern day Earth universe since Christians concede that God isn't part of this Universe.

Your argument is non-sequitur.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2010, 01:46:30 PM »
Q is part of Star Trek. Yes, he's a cheep win, but removing him so that Star Wars can win is not really any different than removing ship weapons from star cruisers so that Star Trek can win.
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2010, 01:53:32 PM »

If Star Trek has the Q, then yes.  I never claimed otherwise, but you clearly can't understand this.

Except that Q is a part of Star Trek canon. He is in the episodes. A lot, actually. This comparison makes no sense.

"Star Wars would crush Star Trek in any war."

EnigmaZV

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2010, 01:54:41 PM »

Okay, you can have the Celestials, if we can have Q.  I don't see why you wouldn't consider time-travelling canon in the Star Trek Universe, the Borg almost wiped out pre-warp Earth by traveling back in time.  I don't see why the Borg/Federation couldn't do that legitimately in a Trek vs. Wars scenario.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2010, 01:58:09 PM »

Why should we allow those? Star Trek has time travel, Star Wars does not.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2010, 02:29:33 PM »
ANOTHER WIN FOR STAR TREK!

« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2010, 02:37:44 PM »

You are such an ignorant Trekkie it isn't even funny.  You actually admitted that Star Wars would win, but claimed that the ICS isn't canon...of course, you provided absolutely NO evidence for this and have since then made NO substantive post other than spamming.  Literally spamming.

« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2010, 02:38:44 PM »

Why should we allow those? Star Trek has time travel, Star Wars does not.

WTF is this logic of yours?  "Why should we allow those" - so you're saying that Star Trek gets its trump cards, but Star Wars does not, because you said so and cannot make a single argument supporting your side.

Now answer this:

DISPROVE the 200 gigaton claim.

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2010, 02:45:19 PM »
I think there is a massive chance my IT department would spunk buckets over this thread.
Stop all this nonesense and bring on the lapdancers.
I understand Jack1704. It's a Brit thing.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2010, 02:56:45 PM »

You are such an ignorant Trekkie it isn't even funny.  You actually admitted that Star Wars would win, but claimed that the ICS isn't canon...of course, you provided absolutely NO evidence for this and have since then made NO substantive post other than spamming.  Literally spamming.

I hope you understand the origins of the quote. "Another win for Flat Earth!" and all that.

And no, sorry, I don't agree with your 200 gigaton claim because:

When it comes to absolute canon, the real story of Star Wars, you must turn to the films themselves—and only the films. Even novelizations are interpretations of the film, and while they are largely true to George Lucas' vision (he works quite closely with the novel authors), the method in which they are written does allow for some minor differences. The novelizations are written concurrently with the film's production, so variations in detail do creep in from time to time. Nonetheless, they should be regarded as very accurate depictions of the fictional Star Wars movies.

The further one branches away from the movies, the more interpretation and speculation come into play. LucasBooks works diligently to keep the continuing Star Wars expanded universe cohesive and uniform, but stylistically, there is always room for variation. Not all artists draw Luke Skywalker the same way. Not all writers define the character in the same fashion. The particular attributes of individual media also come into play. A comic book interpretation of an event will likely have less dialogue or different pacing than a novel version. A video game has to take an interactive approach that favors gameplay. So too must card and roleplaying games ascribe certain characteristics to characters and events in order to make them playable.

The analogy is that every piece of published Star Wars fiction is a window into the 'real' Star Wars universe. Some windows are a bit foggier than others. Some are decidedly abstract. But each contains a nugget of truth to them.

In the case of ICS, the man wanted to PWN Star Trek, which makes his figures open to speculation.

EnigmaZV

« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2010, 02:59:26 PM »
Also, god exists at the centre of the Star Trek galaxy, he tried to steal Kirk's ship.  I don't think he'd let his galaxy get messed up by some intruders.
And in a pinch, if any Star Trek ships needed to get anywhere, they could call up that Traveler guy from Tau Alpha C to move them millions of light years, across galaxies in mere moments.  Also I guess Westley Crusher can do these sorts of things now too, so perhaps others in the Trek universe could also be trained.

EDIT:  Also, there was that guy who isolated himself on a planet because his wife was killed and in a fit of rage thought an entire civilization across multiple star systems out of existence.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 03:03:32 PM by EnigmaZV »