New rules and a new board!

• 4 Replies

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Administrator
New rules and a new board!
« on: November 07, 2010, 05:25:17 PM »
Okay, so we all had a big happy chat about the rules a while back in true town-hall style. There were a few suggestions: some of them have been agreed on, others have not.

First of all, we've made the distinction in how different boards are moderated official. The boards are now divided into three categories, and each category is moderated differently. We've been doing things this way since that topic (perhaps even before), but now it's all there in black & white. Secondly, we've also put up the enforcement guidelines we use when enforcing the rules. They're just a rough guide, and there are always exceptions, but it'll give you some idea of how we actually make decisions about bans, warnings etc.

What didn't make the cut? Well, in the end we decided not to exempt Random Musings from the 'No profanity in thread titles' rule. Basically, a good few of the mods felt it would eventually lead to problems, and that for everyone's sake it was better if we left things as is. Having huge swear-words on the front page is kind of ugly and looks bad, even if guests can't see it.

The other 'big news' (stop the presses!) is that we have at long last created a board for technology discussions, namely Technology & Information. What's that? Are you okay? Sit down, please! You're feeling faint? I understand - this is a lot to take in at once. Things move thick and fast here at The Flat Earth Society.

But wait! I've saved the best for last. Hold on to your hats people, because I have edited the forum so that offcial usage of the terms 'forum' and 'board' is now totally consistent. Thrilling stuff huh? Of course I've probably missed a couple of topics and left typos everywhere, but progress is always incremental. At least now I can sleep at night without having to worry about inconsistent noun usage.

And that's basically it!

Your friendly neighbourhood Admin,

- Lord Wilmore
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
Re: New rules and a new board!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 05:27:12 PM »
I'm feeling faint.
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 05:52:52 PM »
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 08:38:11 PM »
Wilmore for pres, 2012
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 02:56:37 PM »