Black Ops

• 64 Replies

Death-T

• Conspiracy theories are my bread and butter.
Black Ops
« on: November 07, 2010, 11:50:52 AM »
After seeing this..... I can't find a single reason why not to get the game.

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Zombie Mode.... President Style.

ﮎingulaЯiτy: The video above shows an error of removal by user. Therefore:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 09:43:09 PM by ﮎingulaЯiτy »
" Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. " - Albert Einstein

" We are imperfect.  We cannot expect perfect government. "  ~William Howard Taft

Lorddave

Re: Black Ops
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 12:08:22 PM »
lol.

Damn, that is pretty boss.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 12:13:49 PM »
JFK's pretty annoying.

"Goddamn, John, just talk normal."

frostee

• Official Member
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 05:16:45 PM »

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Zombie Mode.... President Style.
It's not free. There is your reason.
Recently religious due to the impending rapture.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 04:20:03 AM »
I have a single reason not to get it, actually. I just don't like shooters that much.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

Death-T

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 06:34:18 AM »

It's not free. There is your reason.

Invalid. That is not a reason in the face of President Kennedy fighting with Fidel to kill zombies, for me anyway. I was speaking on a personal level.

I have a single reason not to get it, actually. I just don't like shooters that much.
See above.
" Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. " - Albert Einstein

" We are imperfect.  We cannot expect perfect government. "  ~William Howard Taft

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 06:53:06 AM »
Well, on a personal level for me, that's a valid reason. While I can't play youtube vids from home anymore thanks to shitty mobile internet, I agree that it sounds pretty hardcore, though.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 10:59:29 AM »
ARGHHHHHHH i cant see it
Stop all this nonesense and bring on the lapdancers.
I understand Jack1704. It's a Brit thing.

?

Sean

• Official Member
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 06:54:41 PM »
I got Black Ops.
Quote from: sokarul
Better bring a better augment, something not so stupid.

?

Hazbollah

• Flat Earth Editor
  • Earth Shape Apathetic.
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2010, 02:40:26 PM »
I got Black Ops.
So did I. seems slightly better than MW2, but not much (from the bit that I played). Feels a lot like a 'The Expendables: Game'.
Always check your tackle- Caerphilly school of Health. If I see an innuendo in my post, I'll be sure to whip it out.

Death-T

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2010, 03:01:59 PM »
I'm simply playing multiplayer at this point to get enough money to buy all the things I need to make my 'playercard' symbol an exact copy of my father's unit insignia. Which is quite impressive considering it involves a wolf, a trident, a sheild, an ace of spades, and flames.

I love this game. And playing as Pres. Kennedy fighting zombie in the Pentagon is as fun and awesome as it sounds.

I did like the fact that the main character this time around is not exactly the most moral of characters.... or sane for that matter.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 04:03:07 PM »
I'm sick of seeing these racist threads. Can a mod do something please?

?

Hazbollah

• Flat Earth Editor
  • Earth Shape Apathetic.
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2010, 12:03:55 AM »
I'm simply playing multiplayer at this point to get enough money to buy all the things I need to make my 'playercard' symbol an exact copy of my father's unit insignia. Which is quite impressive considering it involves a wolf, a trident, a sheild, an ace of spades, and flames.

I love this game. And playing as Pres. Kennedy fighting zombie in the Pentagon is as fun and awesome as it sounds.

I did like the fact that the main character this time around is not exactly the most moral of characters.... or sane for that matter.
I like the fact that the main character is not a mute.
Always check your tackle- Caerphilly school of Health. If I see an innuendo in my post, I'll be sure to whip it out.

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2010, 12:48:57 AM »
I nearly to get CoD in Black Ops

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2010, 01:22:45 AM »
Ok, serious question here for people who have played multiplayer. Is it fun or is there way too much camping/stealth kills?

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2010, 03:51:26 AM »
My roommate got it and I think MW2 is a lot more fun and polished. The thing I liked about Black Ops was the wager match thing. But it's probably not worth $60. Also the graphics are atrocious. It looks like a Wii game.
The chains of habit are too weak to be felt until they are too strong to be broken. -Samuel Johnson

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2010, 05:49:56 AM »
My roommate got it and I think MW2 is a lot more fun and polished. The thing I liked about Black Ops was the wager match thing. But it's probably not worth $60. Also the graphics are atrocious. It looks like a Wii game.

Ouch. Thanks for the tip.

If you ever want to see the demise of nintendo, go to your local eb games and read every single title in the wii section. There was a time when nintendo had standards for the games it allowed on its console, those days are dead.

Death-T

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2010, 06:30:42 AM »

Atrocious? Please, its not on the calibre of MW 2, but it doesn't look like a Wii game. It simply looks like a game that was less focused on graphics and putting in more fun features- which they did.

Zombie mode, more balanced gameplay (the typical response I get from other COD players - there are always those that liked the fact there were a few OP-ed choices on MW 2), theater option to review your last 30 matchs in 1st, 3rd, or free-roam views (and the ability to save them for later and take screen shots and short videos to highlight special kills, cheaters, boosters, etc.), a more involved single player experience, better unlock system, more customization, etc.

But if you're shallow enough of a gamer to count graphics as a make or break reason for buying a fun game - go right ahead and skip this for MW 3. I'll be playing Merc. Team Deathmatch in Nuke Town so I can record awesome pictures of my Spetsnaz character killing three players in a row with double revolvers with a grin on his face.

?

Hazbollah

• Flat Earth Editor
  • Earth Shape Apathetic.
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2010, 12:54:56 PM »
It's a good game, but when you play it, it feels like they hadn't finished making it when they released it. Sure, it has a lot of new and interesting features, but the way they are implemented is poor. The layout of the menu (in multiplayer) is, for the first few tries, incomprehensible. The graphics are fine, they may not be troubling Infinity Ward, but they get the job done.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2010, 01:31:43 PM »
It's a good game, but when you play it, it feels like they hadn't finished making it when they released it. Sure, it has a lot of new and interesting features, but the way they are implemented is poor. The layout of the menu (in multiplayer) is, for the first few tries, incomprehensible. The graphics are fine, they may not be troubling Infinity Ward, but they get the job done.

To be fair no CoD game since modern warfare has had a comprehensible multiplayer menu.

Death-T

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2010, 06:59:49 PM »
It's a good game, but when you play it, it feels like they hadn't finished making it when they released it. Sure, it has a lot of new and interesting features, but the way they are implemented is poor.

Elaborate.

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2010, 03:47:17 AM »
You can't compare Black Ops with MW2. You have to compare Black Ops with WAW. A friend of mine works for DICE in Sweden (they made Bad Company (not the band) ) Anyway he says that with franchises like this they have two seperate development teams so in the case of COD Team 1 made MW and MW2 and Team made WAW and Black Ops. With this in mind you have to say that Black Ops is very very good as Team 2 have clearly come along leaps and bounds. It also means next years COD will be amazing as it's Team 1's go.

As an aside, the reason WAW was so bad and a step backwards was because nobody told them that Team 1 were making MW so they just carried on developing the standard COD game

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2010, 07:40:48 AM »
You can't compare Black Ops with MW2. You have to compare Black Ops with WAW. A friend of mine works for DICE in Sweden (they made Bad Company (not the band) ) Anyway he says that with franchises like this they have two seperate development teams so in the case of COD Team 1 made MW and MW2 and Team made WAW and Black Ops. With this in mind you have to say that Black Ops is very very good as Team 2 have clearly come along leaps and bounds. It also means next years COD will be amazing as it's Team 1's go.

As an aside, the reason WAW was so bad and a step backwards was because nobody told them that Team 1 were making MW so they just carried on developing the standard COD game

I somehow don't believe this. That sounds like an extremely dumb rumor that everyone spreads because someone "knew a guy"

Even if the first part is true, the last part is.....yeah.

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2010, 08:10:15 AM »

I somehow don't believe this. That sounds like an extremely dumb rumor that everyone spreads because someone "knew a guy"

That's fine. It is true and i really do know the guy. Anway it doesn't really matter since i really wasn't after your approval, i was simply stating a point of fact. I wouldn't let it bother you because neither you or i have anything to do with future COD projects. But just make sure you don't become the "i spoke to a guy who know's a guy" guy when the next COD is awesome x

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2010, 08:12:04 AM »

That's fine. It is true and i really do know the guy. Anway it doesn't really matter since i really wasn't after your approval, i was simply stating a point of fact. I wouldn't let it bother you because neither you or i have anything to do with future COD projects. But just make sure you don't become the "i spoke to a guy who know's a guy" guy when the next COD is awesome x

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying this sounds almost identical to the "Use strength on the truck by the S.S.Ann and you'll get mew" kind of rumors I had growing up.

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2010, 08:17:15 AM »

"Use strength on the truck by the S.S.Ann and you'll get mew" kind of rumors I had growing up.

I don't know what this means  ??? Although I just looked it up and it seems you're talking about Pokemon??

I'm leaving now.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2010, 08:18:33 AM »

"Use strength on the truck by the S.S.Ann and you'll get mew" kind of rumors I had growing up.

I don't know what this means  ??? Although I just looked it up and it seems you're talking about Pokemon??

I'm leaving now.

Did your parents occasionally let you out of the sexual abuse tank?

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2010, 08:23:38 AM »

I'm leaving now.

No but i'm 31 and missed Pokemon by years

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2010, 06:11:22 AM »

I'm leaving now.

No but i'm 31 and missed Pokemon by years

Ah, I guess you are forgiven.