Proof that the Earth is indeed flat

• 179 Replies
« Reply #150 on: March 10, 2006, 04:26:50 PM »
Quote from: "6strings"
So please, PLEASE!, do not start flaming because you feel the need to put down some ones beliefs that they grew up thinking. Would you like me to tell you your parents have been lieing to you and they're stupid and wrong? You most likely wouldnt believe me.

I have to agree with Knight on this one.  Say I grew up believing that a soda can I keep on my table is an all-powerful God.  Let's say I do this because my parents told me so.  I worship this soda can.  Seeing as this can easily be proven false and a stupid belief as a whole, beyond question, (say you destroy the can) I am stupid for believing such a thing.

Your point of view (the "people aren't responsible for their thoughts" point of view) is simply an overly-liberal by-product of a society that refuses to take resposibility for it's own actions.  If you're 8 years old, fine, you're not necessarily stupid for believing what an adult tells you, but once you've reached an age at which you can logically reason, you become resposible for your beliefs, an if you believe something stupid, that's your problem.  And I reserve the right to point out your illogic with any amount of demeaning, satirical wit I deem necessary.

I take it your not a christian, I'm not, and I can easily see where your coming from, I think it's a bit peurile to believe in something you can't see and really shows no evidence of being true, but then again I was raised a christian with thoughts implemented into my mind that god was real, and how are you going to disprove god or the flat earth so that it was undesputable, The real only posible way it to bring all flat earthers on a trip to the moon and around the world.
he Earth is flat, because if it wasnt then how do you explain the 1,000,000,000+ mile in circumference 125 foot tall ice barrier at the edge of the earth [which is round, but flat like a 2D circle]? and if 1+1=2 then the earth is flat.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #151 on: March 10, 2006, 04:30:28 PM »
Quote from: "I are a believer"
how are you going to disprove god or the flat earth so that it was undesputable, The real only posible way it to bring all flat earthers on a trip to the moon and around the world.

Just because you can't think of a way to indisputably refute god's existence or the flatness of the Earth, doesn't mean there isn't a way.
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
« Reply #152 on: March 10, 2006, 05:58:47 PM »
Okay for about the 300th time Belief in God and or Christianity does not equal beleif in Flat Earth. One could almost say that's a prejudiced and anti-clerical assumtion since for all we know some FEs could be atheist and just paranoid loon as oppsosed to fundamentalist paranoid loons. Just because some fundamentalist Christians believe the Earth is flat does not mean all Christians belief the Earth is flat or that all people who belief the Earth is flat are fundamentalist Christians.
YOur comparison of faith in God to FE model is fundamentally flawed. MAny theists and religions acknowledge that the existence of God is ultimatly unprovable (some point out free will nessecitates this as otherwise you'd be FORCED to believe in God but thats a topic for a different thread). The FE model howver is something that in a basic physical sense is provable, we could sail to the ice wall and climb it in theory.The comparison is flawed because to disprove the existence or non-existence of God is impossible (althought as Erasmus said at least fo rthe moment) wheras a simple boat trip or flight should prove one model over the other. As could pointing out phenomenons one model cannot explain.

As for the flaming. I can say the Fe's are blithering idiots. Because up till now they cannot come up with proof for there theory that isn't torn to shreds by RE in about 5 minutes. They are quite welcome to insult me in turn, ad hominem if they wish or with actual arguments that prove I'm wrong. I don't give quarter in debates but I don't expect any either.
An enraged
Cinlef
Truth is great and will prevail-Thomas Jefferson

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cinlef is the bestest!

Melior est sapientia quam vires-Wisdom

« Reply #153 on: March 11, 2006, 09:42:15 PM »
Quote from: "Erasmus"
how are you going to disprove god or the flat earth so that it was undesputable, The real only posible way it to bring all flat earthers on a trip to the moon and around the world.

Just because you can't think of a way to indisputably refute god's existence or the flatness of the Earth, doesn't mean there isn't a way.

Err...But in the quote I'm quite possitive I stated the way they could; hence your informing the already informed.
he Earth is flat, because if it wasnt then how do you explain the 1,000,000,000+ mile in circumference 125 foot tall ice barrier at the edge of the earth [which is round, but flat like a 2D circle]? and if 1+1=2 then the earth is flat.

« Reply #154 on: March 22, 2006, 02:38:00 PM »
Since the FE'ers have not come up with anything for 10 days, would you say that Bullhorn lost his little topic?

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #155 on: March 22, 2006, 06:34:00 PM »
He lost it so very long ago....

« Reply #156 on: March 23, 2006, 08:42:27 PM »
The Round Earth is extremely dense......in fact, the only things denser than this planet are the people who believe the Earth is flat.......

Get a freakin' clue.
ravity - It's what keeps me down to Earth!

« Reply #157 on: March 24, 2006, 11:53:04 AM »
Um, neutron stars.
nd that, my liege, is how we know the Earth to be banana shaped.

Re: Proof that the Earth is indeed flat
« Reply #158 on: March 24, 2006, 12:45:50 PM »
Quote from: "bullhorn"
I ask any of you to look out into the distance and tell me that you see a ball. When I look into the horison I see flat. It is all flat. Have you ever seen the evidence that the earth is a sphere or are you looking at the doctored evidence.

With a really good telescope, on really clear day, I should be able to see the Tibetan mountains. I cannot. Round earth.

Hello? Are you putting us all on?

Re: This is how I see it.
« Reply #159 on: March 24, 2006, 12:56:00 PM »
I know alot of you people have been putting down the intelect of flat earthers. Well obvioulsy you haveas little or less intelect then them. I mean let me put it this way. Say you are a christian because you were raised by a christian family that made you go to church, while your little these thoughts get imbeded in  your mind as pure truth, they cann ot be lies because grown-ups have said them. Now if you parents brought you up thinking the world is flat and making you believe that, your pretty much going to believe that no matter how much proof disprooves is.

Sorry, can't relate. My parent's raised me Religiosly. But I was also raised to be a free thinker.

My Dad is a member of one political party, I am a meber of another. He still goes to Church, I do not.

Eventually, as you get older, you'll start to think critically for yourself.

Cheers.

« Reply #160 on: March 24, 2006, 01:04:51 PM »
I understand that all your knowledge comes from an acidemic institution and I know that the facts from the institution are jaded and wrong.  The primary goal of the institutions is to further the goal of a round earth. I am telling you to look out into the distance and you will see a flat earth, for millions of years this has een the way it has been.  There is no doubt that all your knowlege comes from there.  And I hope you stop drinking the Acedemic Ale and look at the real world my friend.

ROFL, this place is tops when your having a bad day  :P
The world revolves due to precisely 61,427 penguins running continuously around the South Pole. If more than 3 of those penguins die simultaneously, our day will be increased by 7 hours.

Re: Thank you sir, here is some more
« Reply #161 on: March 24, 2006, 01:05:31 PM »
Thank you for your support, although my arguments dont seem to have the backing of most of the room, I can understand it. All their information comes from textbooks and lectures, those come from academic institutions.  Someone here said it would cost 3 trillion dollers to push the round earth theroy, and that everyone is invloved. I will tell you that only a select few people are involved the coverup.  The select few would be NASA (the astronauts) [Government Run] and governmet run manufacturing companies that produce the doctered products and products to doctor evidence, and whomever else is deemed nessisary  The educators are caught in a web of deceit, that has continued over time. They are teaching a lie and do not know it. The Government and security organisation have done such a good job at doing this that the lie is now self taught.  You dont need 3 trillion dollers when people pay for the lie to be taught.  I can understand your point of view.  You try to explane it with your knowlege but in all reality you have never seen the evidence of a round earth.  And the government does lie. Abu Grabe, war in iraq, watergate. These are all things that the government has tried to get away with but have been caught. It takes people like me to do the work for the many. I know the truth and so do you.  Deep down you want to believe me but you have been held back by your deceved logic.  Academia can only take you so far. Sometimes you have to trust you gut.
www.un.int

So, you're saying that goverments who hate each other, are at war with each other...they've all agreed to cover up the fact that the earth is flat?

« Reply #162 on: March 24, 2006, 01:11:48 PM »
You do understand when water is put under awsome pressure it solidifies and then creates a solid that is called Ice.

Bahaha!! Now I know you are just putting us all on.

?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
« Reply #163 on: March 25, 2006, 07:48:38 AM »
He really isn't he's knowledge is just appalingly limited
Truth is great and will prevail-Thomas Jefferson

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cinlef is the bestest!

Melior est sapientia quam vires-Wisdom

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #164 on: March 25, 2006, 06:16:21 PM »
So, you're saying that goverments who hate each other, are at war with each other...they've all agreed to cover up the fact that the earth is flat?

Yes, that's exactly what he's saying.

?

boyoben

« Reply #165 on: August 29, 2006, 12:00:48 PM »
Well, I do infact believe the earth is flat. My background is that of Biology I would like to say that I do understand your argument that you believe the Earth is round.  You have absolutely no way to know 100 precent becuse you have not seen it. You have only seen pictures and video, which clearly have been doctored. Go outside on a clear day and look into the distance and you will see a flat earth, why you ask? becuase it is so. You have been conditioned since you were born to believe the Earth is round and been taught the self perpetuating lie since you were a child. Why, I dont know. For many many thousand years the earth was thought to be flat and as soon as modern technology comes into play the earth is suddenly round. Very convenient.  Please try to understand the argument for a flat earth. I know you think we are all stupid, but Im the one who needs to see with my own eyes to believe.

Yeahhhhhh Umm to say that "you don't know because you've never been to space" is like saying Evolution doesn't exist because we weren't alive back then.  Thats like saying even tho we have found thousands maybe even millions of dinosaur bones, that dinosaurs don't exist.  That is like saying Every murder trial that has ever taken place in history must be thrown out because there is absolutely no way to prove something unless you were there.  Do yourself a favor and start examining evidence, moron.

?

P.O.S.O.B.

« Reply #166 on: August 29, 2006, 07:30:09 PM »
Quote from: "boyoben"
Do yourself a favor and start examining evidence, moron.

I'm afraid that's asking a bit too much.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #167 on: September 15, 2006, 11:11:15 PM »
For I still read and listen to comments

?

EarthisFlat?

« Reply #168 on: September 16, 2006, 09:14:24 AM »
-delete-

?

PSingh

« Reply #169 on: October 26, 2010, 08:10:47 PM »
There is no amount of education needed in this world to convince even a moron that the world is indeed round... sorry but the so called "genius" that was Christopher Columbus discovered this so who are you to discredit it?

Re: Thank you sir, here is some more
« Reply #170 on: October 28, 2010, 06:27:15 PM »
Quote from: bullhorn
Thank you for your support, although my arguments dont seem to have the backing of most of the room, I can understand it. All their information comes from textbooks and lectures, those come from academic institutions.  Someone here said it would cost 3 trillion dollers to push the round earth theroy, and that everyone is invloved. I will tell you that only a select few people are involved the coverup.  The select few would be NASA (the astronauts) [Government Run] and governmet run manufacturing companies that produce the doctered products and products to doctor evidence, and whomever else is deemed nessisary  The educators are caught in a web of deceit, that has continued over time. They are teaching a lie and do not know it. The Government and security organisation have done such a good job at doing this that the lie is now self taught.  You dont need 3 trillion dollers when people pay for the lie to be taught.  I can understand your point of view.  You try to explane it with your knowlege but in all reality you have never seen the evidence of a round earth.  And the government does lie. Abu Grabe, war in iraq, watergate. These are all things that the government has tried to get away with but have been caught. It takes people like me to do the work for the many. I know the truth and so do you.  Deep down you want to believe me but you have been held back by your deceved logic.  Academia can only take you so far. Sometimes you have to trust you gut.
www.un.int

Obviously if they didn't, there wouldn't be a conspiracy, now would there?

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #171 on: October 28, 2010, 11:16:31 PM »
Holy necro, Batman

?

ratooo

• Fighting against a flat Earth since 2002.
« Reply #172 on: November 03, 2010, 03:35:15 AM »
I ask any of you to look out into the distance and tell me that you see a ball. When I look into the horison I see flat. It is all flat. Have you ever seen the evidence that the earth is a sphere or are you looking at the doctored evidence. How many of you have been to space to see the earth? When you look at the Earth you are looking at a picture or a video that has been doctored and changed. Why for thousands of years did people believe the earth was flat.  They have traveled on horses, we travel in cars and planes. When you are in a plane and look at the ground it looks flat. When you drive your car along a highyway in Saskatchewan you dont use your breaks. You arnt going in a curve, you are driving on a flat earth.  When I was a child I was told by my teachers that If I dig down in the ground I would eventually come to China. Would that not make China upside down? Wouldent the people be falling off the face of the Earth in China?  The list goes on and on.

You do know that the Earth is not absolutely round at every single degree. The Earth is round but not a sphere. If the Earth was completely round it would be tiny.   
The Queensland scientific spherical Earth administrator

Hessy

• My alts: Edgeworth, any/all spambots
« Reply #173 on: November 04, 2010, 09:49:34 AM »
Why did this get brought back to life?  Clearly it was dead for a reason.

« Reply #174 on: November 04, 2010, 04:51:49 PM »
I can prove the earth is flat, disprove this bitch

{ \partial^2 u \over \partial t^2 } = c(u)^2 \nabla^2 u

« Reply #175 on: November 04, 2010, 04:53:12 PM »
The earth is round because womens breasts are round. heads are round, eyes are round

?

vhu9644

• Round earth supporter
« Reply #176 on: November 04, 2010, 06:29:56 PM »
well, off an airplane, if you fly under the clouds, you would see that the edges of the horizon actually look like they curve downwards.  it is a window, so i dont think they could doctor that image
people i respect: Ski, Oracle, PizzaPlanet, Wendy

« Reply #177 on: November 04, 2010, 06:58:54 PM »
http://www.spaceimages.com/bluemarblewest.html

the most detailed image of earth from outer space,  MODIS. Flying over 700 km above the Earth took this image, which is a NASA space craft.

To a first-order approximation the Earth is round.  This
is due to gravity.  Gravity pulls with equal strength in all
directions; therefore any variations from a spherical
shape will lead to gravitational forces that
bring the shape back into that of a sphere.

This is without considering the rotation of the earth,
however.  The rotation of the earth adds centrifugal
effects, which cause the earth to bulge slightly at
its equator and flatten slightly at its poles.
(This is like twirling a rock on the end of a string
and then letting go--the rock flies away from the
twirler.)  Because of these centrifugal effects, the
distance from the center of the earth to the surface
of the earth is about 0.33% shorter at the poles
compared to the equator.

p.s The earth looks remarkly flat in this image. well at least to someone who is completely retarded.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #178 on: November 04, 2010, 06:59:49 PM »
There is no amount of education needed in this world to convince even a moron that the world is indeed round... sorry but the so called "genius" that was Christopher Columbus discovered this so who are you to discredit it?

lol
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Hessy

• My alts: Edgeworth, any/all spambots
« Reply #179 on: November 05, 2010, 09:57:42 AM »