Question on the UA

• 8 Replies
Question on the UA
« on: November 08, 2010, 05:04:00 AM »
Long time no post.

I was wondering about the UA and by extention what drives it, then I struck upon the idea of the expansion of the universe, could UA be explained by the earth being at the edge of the universe, being pushed out, rather than being pushed up. It would also explain why the ice wall is inhabitable for life, simply because there is nothing there.

I await input, preferably from the FE camp as I wish to become more well versed in the theory.

Thanks.

Polly

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Administrator
Re: Question on the UA
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 05:24:59 AM »
Polly, long time no see!

I think some FE'ers have speculated that a 'big bang' type event could be responsible for the Earth's acceleration. And of course, 'up' is really only a relative direction - being pushed out would indeed be exactly the same.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

Thork

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 05:27:21 AM »
Well UA is the Universal Accelerator. It accelerates the earth at 9.81 m/s^2.

Now opinion is divided as to what causes this. Most FErs subscribe to the phenomenon of dark energy. Rather than me tell you about it and run you up to speed, there is a thread for DE running right now. A quick read (its not a huge thread yet) will catch you up. I guess you can pick up from there.
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=43410.msg1076032#msg1076032

Now there are other theories as I mentioned. Lord Wilmore is researching Aether/Ether but details emerging have not been complete enough for me to build up a picture. This is understandable as Wilmore has been the victim of plagiarism, so I hear.
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=43815.msg1086237#msg1086237
However Lord Wilmore may not be the original author, but I'm sure between him and John D they will sort that out. Regarding Aether info, I know this much.
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=43794.msg1085762#msg1085762

So details are sketchy at best. Hopefully Lord Wilmore and John D will come to an agreement, putting and end to this legal dispute over intellectual property, and the information will be disseminated for public viewing soon.

EDIT: Actually further lurking suggests it might even by Levee's theory. Who knows?
EDIT: Or maybe Aether explains something else entirely? I just don't know. I should know. I don't know.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 05:51:22 AM by Thork »

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 05:57:50 AM »
Just so you know Thork, those posts were not 'mine' - I reposted some of levee's. John and I are on very good terms, I assure you.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

Thork

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 06:04:52 AM »
Yes, I lurked on. I still don't know how aether works though. :(

More lurking required.

Still for the OP, I suspect dark energy is the key.

?

Kira-SY

• Ja pierdole!
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 06:36:42 AM »
I like better the OP's explanation, the force of the explosion of the big bang being the UA. I could say that with that argument the matter is backed up enough.

But I think the push has to be upwards, to be undistinguisable of gravity, if the surface was looking to one side, or even down... I think it'd fuck up a lot of physical things.
Signature under building process, our apologies for the inconveniences

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 10:56:09 AM »
Update on my OP.

Disclaimer: I appologise for any inacuracies in the following post, I am not a physicist so is merely regurgitating what I heard. Feel free to correct me or elaborate on it.

I was talking to a guy I know at uni who does physics who spoke of an "ek pyrotic" universe I believe it was called.

He told me that its a theory of the universe in which two 'branes' collide and causes expansion.

The long and short of it all is that the branes are completely flat which goes back to my original point that maybe we are on the edge, being pushed out.

I wonder what other FErs think of the ekpyrotic theory or if they believe in another theory of the universe.

Thanks,

Polly

fenterb

• Part of the conspiracy
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 02:51:36 AM »
There is no 'edge' to the universe we live on the surface of a hypersphere, traveling in any direction long enough would get you back to where you started.

Also thinking of the universe expanding in a way that could 'push' anything such that it experience a measurable force (especially one as strong as the UA) is a misunderstanding of the expansion, we are not riding an explosion shockwave, what  is really happening is that space itself is stretching.  Every point in space is moving away from every other point in space at the same rate.  This was shown by red shift observations and was one of the major groundbreaking discoveries in astrophysics. 

Although this does result in what you could consider an 'expansion force', it is many times weaker than gravity (which is already the weakest force by many factors) so although galaxies move apart as there is relatively little gravitational attraction between them, objects closer together like solar systems, planets, people etc do not move apart as the electromagnetic and gravitational attractions massively overwhelm the expansion effect. 

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 04:22:03 AM »
As interesting as the Ekpyrotic model is, I'm not sure it has a huge deal of relevancy for FET. Personally, I think FE'ers need to work on resolving more basic issues with FE cosmology. This is especially so as our meagre resources do not really allow for Zetetic investigations into the origin of the universe as a whole.