Given two threads, we now know that the Earth is round

• 137 Replies

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
Re: Given two threads, we now know that the Earth is round
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2010, 10:05:09 PM »
Stars move in a clockwise manner in the southern hemiplane. This is the kind of issue that consistently makes me believe you argue everything before you even try to think about it. 
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2010, 10:09:03 PM »
Stars move in a clockwise manner in the southern hemiplane. This is the kind of issue that consistently makes me believe you argue everything before you even try to think about it. 
Stars move in the same direction to all observers on Earth. Obviously you've failed to account for the direction the observer faces when talking about clockwise/anti-clockwise manner. Once you are consistent, the Sun, the Moon and the stars move east to west above the pole stars (and back west to east under the pole stars). I challenge you to provide one example to the contrary.
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2010, 10:12:04 PM »
Stars move in the same direction to all observers on Earth. Obviously you've failed to account for the direction the observer faces when talking about clockwise/anti-clockwise manner.

Stars move in a clockwise manner in the southern hemiplane and in a counterclockwise manner in the northern. What is your problem of observation?
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2010, 10:21:40 PM »
Stars move in the same direction to all observers on Earth. Obviously you've failed to account for the direction the observer faces when talking about clockwise/anti-clockwise manner.

Stars move in a clockwise manner in the southern hemiplane and in a counterclockwise manner in the northern. What is your problem of observation?
They don't move in opposite directions if the observer is facing the same direction. What is your problem with understanding this? I've said it quite clearly.
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

berny_74

• The IceWall! Beat that
« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2010, 10:29:59 PM »

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=42781.0

I did a whole topic on it and it was never answered.

If you are stating the go opposite directions between the north and south hemiplanes while using the same direction as a point of reference then at the equator you should see some stars go clockwise and some stars going counterclockwise - provided in your statement of opposite directions you are observing from a fixed direction (ie north)

Berny
time to go to bed
To be fair, sometimes what FE'ers say makes so little sense that it's hard to come up with a rebuttal.
Moonlight is good for you.

?

ERTW

• Always fall back to common sense
« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2010, 11:55:16 PM »
I don't see how the first thread constitutes conclusive evidence of anything. The potential effects of Aetheric Eddification combined with innaccurate cartographic and geographic assumptions based on a RE would easily account for the scenarios he presented. You'll have to do better.

How exactly can any thread constitute evidence of anything? You can't generate evidence through debate. Posting pictures of evidence is about as much as you can hope to accomplish, but this forum specifically rejects photographic evidence. Even using the word evidence on this forum is laughable. Anyone who expects anything more than a semantic debate and perhaps an occasional subtle math error to pick apart is going to be disappointed.
Anyone who tries to present evidence is countered with a simplified thought experiment. There is no counter evidence given. The thread where dozens of pictures of sunken ships were posted was countered with hypotheses like "its waves" and "its perspective", yet no evidence to support either counter hypothesis was ever given. In the end the pictures can simply dismissed because they are pictures that prove a round Earth, and those are not accepted here!
Don't diss physics until you try it!

?

zork

« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2010, 05:56:59 AM »
Stars move in a clockwise manner in the southern hemiplane.
How did you ever detect that the stars are the ones that move?
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2010, 05:51:06 PM »

Actually, stars move in a clockwise manner when the observer is facing north and counter clockwise when facing south, regardless of which hemiplane the observer is in.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2010, 07:37:51 PM »
Can't he work on his stupidity and ignorance on his own?
Okay, I've got to admit that's a pretty good zing.

-stupid thing to say seven pages later I notice But I always have to appreciate a good zinger.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 07:39:30 PM by faceonfire »

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #129 on: November 06, 2010, 10:41:50 PM »
I am, ever, most humbly and obediently, your faithful servant,

Ski

?

zork

« Reply #130 on: November 07, 2010, 02:10:21 AM »
Stars move in a clockwise manner in the southern hemiplane.
How did you ever detect that the stars are the ones that move?
Ski? How did you ever detect that the stars are the ones that move?
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #131 on: November 07, 2010, 09:42:31 AM »
It doesn't look like the camera is moving, ergo...

#!

« Reply #132 on: November 07, 2010, 09:47:35 AM »

#!
or it's evidence the planet is moving?

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #133 on: November 07, 2010, 09:54:27 AM »
Possibly, yes.

?

zork

« Reply #134 on: November 07, 2010, 10:00:14 AM »

#!
But who says that the ground below the camera isn't moving. So, there is nothing concrete about the moving of the stars.
-

« Reply #135 on: November 07, 2010, 10:14:28 AM »
I dont get it- in the FE model dosen't eveyrthing have to rotate around the eath? Does nobody understand the vastness of space and the sheer numbers of stars  that would need to spin around in circles above an insignificant rock ball? and why is it even flat? The moon is round, isn;t it? can't you tell by the phases of the moon that you can see from everywhere that its not just a cardboard cutout facing us? 

?

Around And About

• Circular Logic Falls Flat
« Reply #136 on: February 15, 2011, 01:26:03 PM »
How exactly can any thread constitute evidence of anything? You can't generate evidence through debate. Posting pictures of evidence is about as much as you can hope to accomplish, but this forum specifically rejects photographic evidence. Even using the word evidence on this forum is laughable. Anyone who expects anything more than a semantic debate and perhaps an occasional subtle math error to pick apart is going to be disappointed.
Anyone who tries to present evidence is countered with a simplified thought experiment. There is no counter evidence given. The thread where dozens of pictures of sunken ships were posted was countered with hypotheses like "its waves" and "its perspective", yet no evidence to support either counter hypothesis was ever given. In the end the pictures can simply dismissed because they are pictures that prove a round Earth, and those are not accepted here!

That pretty much sums it all up. But still, isn't it entertaining?
I'm not black nor a thug, I'm more like god who will bring 7 plagues of flat earth upon your ass.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2011, 10:15:47 PM »

That pretty much sums it all up. But still, isn't it entertaining?

This thread is from november. Please don't post in very old threads to simply agree with someone.