Given two threads, we now know that the Earth is round

• 137 Replies
?

Thork

Re: Given two threads, we now know that the Earth is round
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2010, 05:39:01 PM »
Zetetic methods are based on what you can observe yourself. So you can see. Check their experiments in the FAQ. Tom Bishop can tell you all the things you can see for yourself from shape of the sea to the way star distances can be accurately calculated. Its all stuff yu can verify for yourself. Not rely on others for. So enough of the silly unproven Coriolis business please.
Well, you don't understand it, so it is silly. Good to know. And you are quite a hypocrite as I see. Not rely on others for.. don't make ma laugh. Your all life depends on the others. So, drop your Zetetic stuff when you don't behave according to it. As for the Tom, there isn't any experiments or measurements which can be replicated by others like he does them. You try to do them at first and than come back and talk.
Zork, I can trust a milkman to bring me milk. I can trust a shop to stock food. But the whole point of FES is that you cannot trust the governments to deliver correct science. They have an ulterior motive. Would you trust BP with your beach? Some things deserve to be questioned. Others don't. Earth's shape, well what better thing to want to know for myself?

Attack the science, not the sources. What is your reason for not trusting the government as a source?
Because they are trying to convince the people of earth that it is round. My next post is going to be a 'lurk moar' one if you follow this line of debate.

?

zork

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2010, 09:52:12 PM »
Zork, I can trust a milkman to bring me milk. I can trust a shop to stock food. But the whole point of FES is that you cannot trust the governments to deliver correct science. They have an ulterior motive. Would you trust BP with your beach? Some things deserve to be questioned. Others don't. Earth's shape, well what better thing to want to know for myself?
 And you continue your display of ... whatever you call it. Trust government to deliver correct science to you? You know how stupid you sound? Government won't do science. Scientists do. And quite a many of them are on the payroll of the private companies. Milkman and the shop have exactly in the same way the ulterior motive as your government. You just don't know it and trust them blindly. You really are gullible and hypocrite. I rather want to know from where my milk comes(and you know, it won't come from the milkman. you can maybe trust that he delivers it to your doorstep but he doesn't produce it, so, I wonder from where it comes from...) than what shape the earth is because my life depends more on the milk than from the shape of the earth. You really must put your priorities on place.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 03:52:02 AM by zork »
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2010, 04:46:34 AM »
 And you continue your display of ... whatever you call it. Trust government to deliver correct science to you? You know how stupid you sound? Government won't do science. Scientists do. And quite a many of them are on the payroll of the private companies. Milkman and the shop have exactly in the same way the ulterior motive as your government. You just don't know it and trust them blindly. You really are gullible and hypocrite. I rather want to know from where my milk comes(and you know, it won't come from the milkman. you can maybe trust that he delivers it to your doorstep but he doesn't produce it, so, I wonder from where it comes from...) than what shape the earth is because my life depends more on the milk than from the shape of the earth. You really must put your priorities on place.

When people are paid like the scientists you run the risk of people saying what the people paying them want them to say.  In terms of the milk, I would much prefer that milkman bringing my dairy products to the door but it is not available anymore in my area.  They represent one dairy in most cases and you can tour the facility to see if you like their processes.  You do not know where your milk comes from unless you physically sit next to the milker watching your batch going in the bucket and then following that batch all the way through the pasteurization process and brought the store shelf.  Not an option.  Bring back the milkman if you want to really trust your products.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 04:54:41 AM by gotham »

?

zork

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2010, 05:08:25 AM »
When people are paid like the scientists you run the risk of people saying what the people paying them want them to say.  In terms of the milk, I would much prefer that milkman bringing my dairy products to the door but it is not available anymore in my area.  They represent one dairy in most cases and you can tour the facility to see if you like their processes.  You do not know where your milk comes from unless you physically sit next to the milker watching your batch going in the bucket and then following that batch all the way through the pasteurization process and brought the store shelf.  Not an option.  Bring back the milkman if you want to really trust your products.
You may also get the special demonstration which is designed specially for visitors, presented the process in ways that make it look good. Some information may be left out and who knows what else. You also have to know where the food for the cows comes and what it consist. And how cows are treated daily. An many more things. I don't really want to derail thread so much so I am not gonna argue it. My point is that you can't really trust your dairy either and there is not much difference if it is government or dairy production(even the local one). And maybe the milkman comes to your house to flirt with your wife/girlfriend...
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

?

Nolhekh

• Animator
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2010, 05:59:00 AM »

Can you not understand and test the logic behind what they teach you?  Granted some things are hard to test, such as medicine or politics, but if the Government says the Earth is round, then provides figures for the earth's size, distance from the sun, rotation period, distance to the moon, etc.., then all it takes is a high-school math student to track the movements of the sun and moon, and see where they are vs. where they are expected to be based on the geometric model provided.  If someone wants to, they're free to create an alternate model, but I just say, good luck keeping it geometrically consistent with real observation.

?

Nolhekh

• Animator
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2010, 06:03:00 AM »
Because they are trying to convince the people of earth that it is round. My next post is going to be a 'lurk moar' one if you follow this line of debate.

Correction:  They are convincing people of earth that it is round.  (Wait are they aliens?)  They succeed because what they tell us is consistent with observation.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2010, 07:46:50 AM »
Zetetic methods are based on what you can observe yourself. So you can see. Check their experiments in the FAQ. Tom Bishop can tell you all the things you can see for yourself from shape of the sea to the way star distances can be accurately calculated. Its all stuff yu can verify for yourself. Not rely on others for. So enough of the silly unproven Coriolis business please.
Well, you don't understand it, so it is silly. Good to know. And you are quite a hypocrite as I see. Not rely on others for.. don't make ma laugh. Your all life depends on the others. So, drop your Zetetic stuff when you don't behave according to it. As for the Tom, there isn't any experiments or measurements which can be replicated by others like he does them. You try to do them at first and than come back and talk.

Attack the science, not the sources. What is your reason for not trusting the government as a source?

Do you have any reason to believe this? Please make an argument stand up on neutral ground. Unless you have a reason to disbelieve the government (something other than 'the Earth is not round because I think it's flat) then that is an extraordinarily poor line of reasoning.
Sure you can say Lurk Moar, but no one has ever come up with a satisfactory answer. So it's a pretty stupid thing to say.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2010, 08:01:12 AM »
I don't see any evidence that the Coriolis force exists in the thread ClockTower posted. I guess that's his argument done and dusted.

No double standard here, Wilmore.  Properties of the Coriolis Effect are well documented.  Aether and bendy light are not.  Unless you can cite a source that defines those properties, there is no way to either substantiate or refute any claims based on those theories.  I call that bad science. As a Zetetic, you should appreciate that.

I would argue that the essential properties of the Coriolis effect are no better documented than those of Aetheric Eddification. I genuinely doubt anyone here can demonstrate otherwise.

Oh, and just in case anyone's tempted, posting tonnes of quotes/links telling me about the Coriolis effect will not amount to such a demonstration. Make sure you read the above sentences carefully.
Please reference: http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/~jw/foucault.html for one.
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

?

zork

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2010, 08:28:59 AM »
Unless you have a reason to disbelieve the government (something other than 'the Earth is not round because I think it's flat) then that is an extraordinarily poor line of reasoning.
To be more precise even the Governments don't know about the Conspiracy and about the true shape of the Earth. They are victims as all other people. It's The Conspiracy which feeds the false information and stays even above the all Governments. I guess all the world is united under The Conspiracy rulings.
-

?

Kira-SY

• Ja pierdole!
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2010, 08:46:30 AM »

Maybe you'd be interested in this:

Because the Earth is round, so a Flat Earth map is impossible.

Actually, this site fails in two main points, and all the explanations, theories and pseudoscience are hollow to my eyes because of those:

- Not a map
- The Conspiracy is able to shut up every scientist, cartographer, astronaut, student, book publisher, etc etc etc, but this site still exist! And they are always "showing the truth" in an unflawed way (in FE'ers opinion). And everyone, from everywhere, can register!

That means: If the earth was flat someone would have been funded or taken the work to map it successfully & The conspiracy do not exist, and without the conspiracy, the pics and vids and books are reliable.

You FE'ers have been giving silence for a couple of days now. Victory for RE.
Signature under building process, our apologies for the inconveniences

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2010, 09:09:35 AM »
I would argue that the essential properties of the Coriolis effect are no better documented than those of Aetheric Eddification. I genuinely doubt anyone here can demonstrate otherwise.

Oh, and just in case anyone's tempted, posting tonnes of quotes/links telling me about the Coriolis effect will not amount to such a demonstration. Make sure you read the above sentences carefully.
[/quote]

I don't see any description of the essential properties of the 'Coriolis effect' on that page. I see a description of hypothetical observations and an equally hypothetical explanation.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2010, 09:18:09 AM »

I don't see any description of the essential properties of the 'Coriolis effect' on that page. I see a description of hypothetical observations and an equally hypothetical explanation.
The observations are not hypothetical. Indeed they are 'hands-on'. How does the description fail to describe the essential properties of the 'Coriolis Effect'?

Please show us the description of the essential properties of the Aetheric Eddification.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 11:15:33 AM by ClockTower »

?

zork

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2010, 09:26:18 AM »
I don't see any description of the essential properties of the 'Coriolis effect' on that page.
Maybe because you haven't defined the "essential properties". But at least he Coriolis effect is well described. What it is, when it appears.
-

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2010, 09:47:14 AM »
Unless you have a reason to disbelieve the government (something other than 'the Earth is not round because I think it's flat) then that is an extraordinarily poor line of reasoning.
To be more precise even the Governments don't know about the Conspiracy and about the true shape of the Earth. They are victims as all other people. It's The Conspiracy which feeds the false information and stays even above the all Governments. I guess all the world is united under The Conspiracy rulings.

Have you got any evidence for the Conspiracy?
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

?

zork

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2010, 10:01:20 AM »

If there would be any except the hiding of the true shape of the Earth then it would not be The Conspiracy anymore. I.E. if The Conspiracy is revealed then it would not be The Conspiracy anymore
-

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2010, 10:12:38 AM »

If there would be any except the hiding of the true shape of the Earth then it would not be The Conspiracy anymore. I.E. if The Conspiracy is revealed then it would not be The Conspiracy anymore

So, if there is no evidence for the Conspiracy, why is any official information unreliable?

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2010, 10:15:36 AM »
The observations are not hypothetical. Indeed they are 'hands-on'. How does the description fail to describe the essential properties of the 'Coriolis Effect'?

How on Earth are the examples given in that link 'hands on'?

Suppose someone put a pendulum above the South Pole and sets it swinging in a simple arc

www.rif.org

Please show us the description of the essential properties of the Aetheric Eddification.

Hey, you guys are the ones claiming to have described the essential properties of your theory. Back-up your big-talk.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Averti

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2010, 10:46:08 AM »
buy an airplane. Fly it in a straight line directly to any location in the mid latitudes. You will not reach your destination if a straight path is taken. Try it yourself, either get a pilots license or make friends with a pilot, and do it. you will not reach your destination if you take a straight line course because the earth will continue rotating as you fly above it, this will result in your course being shifted to the right in the N. Hemisphere, which will be easily identifiable when you partake in this hands on proof of the Coriolis effect.
LoLz for all,
St. Averti ESKP ERIS
~fnord

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2010, 10:50:26 AM »

How on Earth are the examples given in that link 'hands on'?

Suppose someone put a pendulum above the South Pole and sets it swinging in a simple arc

www.rif.org

Hey, you guys are the ones claiming to have described the essential properties of your theory. Back-up your big-talk.

First, learn to read to the bottom of the page.

Our Foucault pendulum

at the School of Physics of The University of New South Wales is a "hands-on" version. There is no electromagnetic drive but, once started it will swing for several hours. Visitors are invited to start it swinging in a plane that is accurately defined by a fixed vertical wire and a vertical line on the wall. It is easy to see when the cable of the pendulum is swinging in this plane. The user then sets an indicator to show the time when it started. After a few minutes the plane of the pendulum precesses half a degree which is easy to see by alligning one eye in the defined vertical plane.

Second, please link to where we claimed "to have described the essential properties of [our] theory." If you could also link to where you asked us to "[describe] the essential properties of [our] theory" and the reason you would require that. We're just demonstrating that the verifiable, objective evidence supports our theory better than yours.

Reading really seems to be difficult for you.

?

zork

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2010, 11:10:48 AM »
As you would build the Focault pendulum and start experimenting with it on different hemispheres. Or do some other experiments.
But ...
 http://stud4.tuwien.ac.at/~e0325551/zeugs/WirbelInDerBadewanne.pdf
 http://web.mit.edu/hml/ncfmf.html - Vorticity, Part 1

Wikipedia also describes experiment at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coriolis_force#Draining_in_bathtubs_and_toilets

And there is yet nowhere anything about aetheric eddification except the the only statement from the Username - This is the angle that aether bends light when it passes through aether eddies, specifically that of the sun.
-

Averti

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2010, 12:11:15 PM »
I definitely suggest the Plane experiment. Put your dignity where your mouths are and see how fast it takes you to get lost flying straight to the middle of "this isn't where I am supposed to be!?!"
LoLz for all,
St. Averti ESKP ERIS
~fnord

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2010, 01:46:32 PM »
As you would build the Focault pendulum and start experimenting with it on different hemispheres. Or do some other experiments.
But ...

The pendulum is clearly being affected by the heavenly bodies and not the alleged rotation of the earth. We know this as the pendulum is influenced by the eclipse which would not be the case if it were simply the result of a revolving earth.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2010, 02:03:04 PM »
But ...

The pendulum is clearly being affected by the heavenly bodies and not the alleged rotation of the earth. We know this as the pendulum is influenced by the eclipse which would not be the case if it were simply the result of a revolving earth.
That does not follow. You've mess up your logic there. Furthermore:

Please provide scientific verifiable objective evidence that "the pendulum is influenced by the eclipse".

?

zork

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2010, 02:12:36 PM »
Which heavenly bodies? And is there some permanent eclipse which continues every day 24h/7days at week?
-

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2010, 02:33:09 PM »
But ...

Please provide scientific verifiable objective evidence that "the pendulum is influenced by the eclipse".

Quote from: Maurice Allias; Nobel winner
"Finally during the total eclipses of the sun on June 30, 1954, and October 22, 1959, quite analogous deviations of the plane of oscillation of the paraconical pendulum were observed.

In fact, all these phenomena are quite inexplicable within the framework of the currently accepted theories.

With regard to all these results as well as to their analysis I can make a prediction: if, without interruption, for at least one month, in the same place and at the same time, observations of the movement of the paraconical pendulum are made, together with optical sightings such as those I made, as well as a repetition of the Michelson-Morley (1887) and Miller (1925) experiments, the purpose of which was to display the movement of the earth relatively to the "ether", it will be found that the effects observed by Miller in 1925 correspond to the anomalies in the movement of the paraconical pendulum and the anomalies of the optical sightings which I observed.

All my researches in theoretical and applied physics which, at first sight, appear to be remote from my main activity as an economist, have, in reality, enriched me with valuable experience.

These researches, which constantly presented all kinds of very great difficulties, have led me to reflect on the nature of our knowledge, the nature of experience and theory, the difficulties of experimentation and the interpretation of results, and the scientific method in general."
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2010, 02:46:51 PM »
But ...

"Finally during the total eclipses of the sun on June 30, 1954, and October 22, 1959, quite analogous deviations of the plane of oscillation of the paraconical pendulum were observed.

In fact, all these phenomena are quite inexplicable within the framework of the currently accepted theories.

With regard to all these results as well as to their analysis I can make a prediction: if, without interruption, for at least one month, in the same place and at the same time, observations of the movement of the paraconical pendulum are made, together with optical sightings such as those I made, as well as a repetition of the Michelson-Morley (1887) and Miller (1925) experiments, the purpose of which was to display the movement of the earth relatively to the "ether", it will be found that the effects observed by Miller in 1925 correspond to the anomalies in the movement of the paraconical pendulum and the anomalies of the optical sightings which I observed.

All my researches in theoretical and applied physics which, at first sight, appear to be remote from my main activity as an economist, have, in reality, enriched me with valuable experience.

These researches, which constantly presented all kinds of very great difficulties, have led me to reflect on the nature of our knowledge, the nature of experience and theory, the difficulties of experimentation and the interpretation of results, and the scientific method in general."
Are you saying that Allias's para-conical pendulum was a Foucault Pendulum? If so, please provide proof.

Are you claiming that Allias's observation during the eclipse is verifiable objective evidence? If so, please link to a peer-reviewed article stating such.

You seem to be just making things up fraudulently.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2010, 03:04:15 PM »
Are you saying that Allias's para-conical pendulum was a Foucault Pendulum? If so, please provide proof.

Experiments with Foucault Pendulums were made as well.   http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/1999/ast06aug99_1/

Are you claiming that Allias's observation during the eclipse is verifiable objective evidence? If so, please link to a peer-reviewed article stating such.

The effect is even named and has been studied. I'm sure you're bright enough to figure out how to search on your own, but here is the first one that popped up for me.

http://arxiv.org/ftp/gr-qc/papers/0408/0408023.pdf

You are more stubborn than all FE people on this forum together.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 03:06:25 PM by Ski »

?

zork

« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2010, 03:05:29 PM »
But ...

I kind of see what you meant earlier. But it does not show that pendulum is affected by heavenly bodies when there is no eclipse. It may show to you only and only that it is affected by something during the eclipse.
-

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2010, 03:08:47 PM »
I kind of see what you meant earlier. But it does not show that pendulum is affected by heavenly bodies when there is no eclipse. It may show to you only and only that it is affected by something during the eclipse.

Either the heavenly bodies are effecting the pendulums or they are not. If a spinning earth was responsible for the pendulum movement there would be no anomaly.

« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2010, 03:10:31 PM »

Experiments with Foucault Pendulums were made as well.   http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/1999/ast06aug99_1/

The effect is even named and has been studied. I'm sure you're bright enough to figure out how to search on your own, but here is the first one that popped up for me.

http://arxiv.org/ftp/gr-qc/papers/0408/0408023.pdf

You are more stubborn than all FE people on this forum together.
From you first link we read:
But before the cause of the Allais effect can be determined, scientists first need to settle the question about whether a pendulum really does act differently during a solar eclipse.

So by your own evidence, we do not have VOE. Thanks for settling that.