1 Year Anniversary Special!

• 6 Replies

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
1 Year Anniversary Special!
« on: October 31, 2010, 03:29:01 PM »
October 30th marked the 1 year anniversary of the Flat Earth Society's relaunch! To celebrate this, the Society will be releasing new documents in the Flat Earth Library and running a few contests as well. So check back here throughout November for updates!

We're starting with something very special! In 1898, Lady Blount (one of the founders of the Universal Zetetic Society and a prominent Flat Earth proponent) wrote a book called Adrian Galilio; a Songwriter's Story (which will be released in its entirety in PDF soon). It was a unique combination of prose, poetry, illustration, drama and sheet music. And now, 112 years after its publication, the Society is very proud to present 'Star-Dream', a song from Adrian Galilio, as performed by The Nordic Countess, Ingeborg and with the help of gotham from our very own TFES forums! As far as we know it has never been recorded before, so this is truly something special. Without further ado, the Flat Earth Society presents 'Star-Dream' (MP3):

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/lady_blount_star_dream.mp3
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

Sentient Fridge

• Official Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
Re: 1 Year Anniversary Special!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 03:39:03 PM »
I very much enjoyed listening to that.

-Edit-

CONGRATULATIONS ON ONE YEAR TFES!

you cant see moutains because you have no eyes
DON'T EVER LEAVE, VONGEO, MOTHERFUH-YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 06:09:19 PM »
Happy Anniversary TFES and Many Many More!!

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 02:54:16 AM »
Happy Anniversary TFES and Many Many More!!

Great job, it's really wonderful to see so much enthusiasm for the society and its history!
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 06:18:19 AM »
Now if someone could dig up a copy of that photograph that she commissioned, then that would be something.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Daniel

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 05:44:00 PM »
Now if someone could dig up a copy of that photograph that she commissioned, then that would be something.

Which photograph are you talking about?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 06:18:24 PM »

Which photograph are you talking about?

From Tom Bishop's sig thread:
Quote from: http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=17760.0
A woman named Lady Bount was among the first to peer review Rowbotham's work:

"The Old Bedford Level was the scene of further experiments over the years, until in 1904, photography was used to prove that the earth is flat. Lady Blount, a staunch believer in the zetetic method hired a photographer, Mr Cifton of Dallmeyer's who arrived at the Bedford Level with the firm's latest Photo-Telescopic camera. The apparatus was set up at one end of the clear six-mile length, while at the other end Lady Blount and some scientific gentlemen hung a large, white calico sheet over the Bedford bridge so that the bottom of it was near the water. Mr Clifton, lying down near Welney bridge with his camera lens two feet above the water level, observed by telescope the hanging of the sheet, and found that he could see the whole of it down to the bottom. This surprised him, for he was an orthodox globularist and round-earth theory said that over a distance of six miles the bottom of the sheet should bemore than 20 feet below his line of sight. His photograph showed not only the entire sheet but its reflection in the water below. That was certified in his report to Lady Blount, which concluded: "I should not like to abandon the globular theory off-hand, but, as far as this particular test is concerned, I am prepared to maintain that (unless rays of light will travel in a curved path) these six miles of water present a level surface."
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.