Rally to Restore Sanity.

• 7 Replies
Rally to Restore Sanity.
« on: October 29, 2010, 12:01:01 AM »
I was just wondering peoples opinions on this, what do you think it means for the U.S. I don't think it will do anything major but I am hoping it shows that the country is moving away from the extremes of politics it is at now.
You can't outrun death forever
But you can sure make the old bastard work for it.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
Re: Rally to Restore Sanity.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 12:47:23 AM »
I was just wondering peoples opinions on this, what do you think it means for the U.S. I don't think it will do anything major but I am hoping it shows that the country is moving away from the extremes of politics it is at now.

I personally doubt it will do anything. People can easily just say that is was a relay made for comedic value, and dismiss it. This would be like saying that /b/ made great movements against the Church of Scientology. They didn't.

Lorddave

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 01:16:50 AM »
Is it sad that I'm finding The Daily Show to be far more informative and fair than other news outlets?

My personal opinion is that it's done purely for comic value but at the same time if it's popular it shows that we're more into entertainment than actual change.  Especially if Colbert get's a lot of supporters at his "Rally to keep Fear Alive".
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 01:47:01 AM »
Stewart is appealing for moderates to march to try and drown out the extreme nutters on both sides of the spectrum.  The only problem is, the moderates are just that; moderate. Can you imagine people with no strong feelings one way  or the other marching on Washington/ At most it'll be a free comedy gig.

Benocrates

• Canadian Philosopher
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 06:55:10 AM »
I'll probably watch some of it on the stream if it's available in Canada. It's obviously not going to affect any change on the political scene. It's just more of a comedy rally for the fans of Colbert/Stewart.
Quote from: President Barack Obama
Pot had helped
Get the fuck over it.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 11:14:22 PM »
Watch it here:
http://c-span.org/Watch/Media/2010/10/30/HP/A/40153/StewartColbert+Rally+to+Restore+Sanity+andor+Fear.aspx
From the bit I was able to watch on my phone I thought it was decent. Everone at the rally appeared to be sane
You can't outrun death forever
But you can sure make the old bastard work for it.

Marcus Aurelius

• My Alts: Tom Bishop, Gayer, theonlydann
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 06:03:16 AM »
I was there, nothing really crazy went on.  It was fun though.  Stewart and Colbert didn't really make anything political either way, it basically was a comedy show.