Evolutionists now believe squids evolved from trees

• 480 Replies

Marcus Aurelius

• My Alts: Tom Bishop, Gayer, theonlydann
Re: Evolutionists now believe squids evolved from trees
« Reply #180 on: November 01, 2010, 02:09:10 PM »
I guess Cass just cannot face evidence anymore, and in order to preserve his delusion, he now turns to ad hominens, in addition to the strawman arguments he has been offering since he has been here.  Saying that a web page is wrong because the owner, writer, etc. is gay is bigoted and cowardly.

There are two types of creationists, there are liars and deceivers, who deliberately spread mis information about evolution and use arguments they know to be false.  Then there are the ignorant sheeple who although are honest, simply do not know any better and fall into the social political movement against science and progress.   I typically assume that any new creationist I meet is the latter, but it has been quite obvious for some time that Cass is the former.  The fact of the matter is, if these sheeple actually decided to learned about evolution, they would eventually come to a very important decision in their lives, whether to remain honest, or whether to remain creationist.

« Reply #181 on: November 01, 2010, 02:23:59 PM »
Furthermore, the raist on that site has only one post, the one you linked to. Yes, that is certainly a plethora of Nazi posts.

His facebook, myspace etc were put up by another user which showed him doing a Nazi salute. All of this was put on the forum about a year ago, as were all the forum links where he poses as a nazi (and other things, as well as his anti-Jewish jokes). He then resorted to banning the user or users (if it was more than one) who revealed this info.
RETIRED

« Reply #182 on: November 01, 2010, 02:29:54 PM »
I guess Cass just cannot face evidence anymore, and in order to preserve his delusion, he now turns to ad hominens, in addition to the strawman arguments he has been offering since he has been here.  Saying that a web page is wrong because the owner, writer, etc. is gay is bigoted and cowardly.

There are two types of creationists, there are liars and deceivers, who deliberately spread mis information about evolution and use arguments they know to be false.  Then there are the ignorant sheeple who although are honest, simply do not know any better and fall into the social political movement against science and progress.   I typically assume that any new creationist I meet is the latter, but it has been quite obvious for some time that Cass is the former.  The fact of the matter is, if these sheeple actually decided to learned about evolution, they would eventually come to a very important decision in their lives, whether to remain honest, or whether to remain creationist.

TalkOrigins i said was biased, going to the long list of alleged ''debunked creationists claims'' reveals that the author (Mark Isaak) has no scientific credentials, education or qualifications whatsoever. In fact according to an Amazon review, Mark is a bedroom author (in other words a college drop out who self-publishes).
RETIRED

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #183 on: November 01, 2010, 02:32:42 PM »
...ahem...

Do you have any proof, or are you just going to keep spouting ad hominems?

If you don't have proof, and even if you do, try focusing on the argument rather than accusing random people of being Nazis.

« Reply #184 on: November 01, 2010, 02:39:27 PM »
Furthermore, the raist on that site has only one post, the one you linked to. Yes, that is certainly a plethora of Nazi posts.

His facebook, myspace etc were put up by another user which showed him doing a Nazi salute. All of this was put on the forum about a year ago, as were all the forum links where he poses as a nazi (and other things, as well as his anti-Jewish jokes). He then resorted to banning the user or users (if it was more than one) who revealed this info.
um the mods are supposed to ban people that reveal personal info of other users.  I would get really irritated with a user that gave my personal info out and would want them banned and I have no skeletons in my closet.
You can't outrun death forever
But you can sure make the old bastard work for it.

« Reply #185 on: November 01, 2010, 02:40:58 PM »

TalkOrigins i said was biased, going to the long list of alleged ''debunked creationists claims'' reveals that the author (Mark Isaak) has no scientific credentials, education or qualifications whatsoever. In fact according to an Amazon review, Mark is a bedroom author (in other words a college drop out who self-publishes).

I am curious how the hell you found out about him. I have been trying to find stuff about him and have failed.

Marcus Aurelius

« Reply #186 on: November 01, 2010, 02:50:03 PM »

Why are they biased?  Because they don't agree with you?  Again this is another ad hominen, why don't you try addressing the argument?  Are you capable of posting anything that does not contain a logical fallacy?

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #187 on: November 01, 2010, 02:55:57 PM »
I guess Cass just cannot face evidence anymore, and in order to preserve his delusion, he now turns to ad hominens, in addition to the strawman arguments he has been offering since he has been here.  Saying that a web page is wrong because the owner, writer, etc. is gay is bigoted and cowardly.

There are two types of creationists, there are liars and deceivers, who deliberately spread mis information about evolution and use arguments they know to be false.  Then there are the ignorant sheeple who although are honest, simply do not know any better and fall into the social political movement against science and progress.   I typically assume that any new creationist I meet is the latter, but it has been quite obvious for some time that Cass is the former.  The fact of the matter is, if these sheeple actually decided to learned about evolution, they would eventually come to a very important decision in their lives, whether to remain honest, or whether to remain creationist.

And meanwhile Kent Hovind went to Patriot Bible University. Your attacks do nothing to help your claims.

I don't think you see why ad hominem attacks are fallacious. It doesn't matter if someone is a Nazi baby killing Xenu-worshiping heathen since it has no basis in their ideas and theories. If their idea makes logical sense, none of these things matter. In other words, stop attacking people and attack arguments. God damn, dude.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #188 on: November 01, 2010, 03:02:51 PM »
And meanwhile Kent Hovind went to Patriot Bible University. Your attacks do nothing to help your claims.

Oh sure, because there's no way a Christian college could ever be as good as an atheist college.  Bigot.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #189 on: November 01, 2010, 03:04:49 PM »

Oh sure, because there's no way a Christian college could ever be as good as an atheist college.  Bigot.

It's not the fact that it's a Christian college, it's the fact that it's this:

Basically, it's a degree farm. It's unaccredited and a trailer in the middle of nowhere.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #190 on: November 01, 2010, 03:12:15 PM »
Hitler owned dogs, therefore people that own dogs are evil people whose opinion are evil.

Oh sure, because there's no way a Christian college could ever be as good as an atheist college.  Bigot.
um that is the point...

Still having trouble recognizing sarcasm, are you?

It's not the fact that it's a Christian college, it's the fact that it's this:

Basically, it's a degree farm. It's unaccredited and a trailer in the middle of nowhere.

First of all, I see nothing in that picture to suggest that it couldn't be a fine learning institution.  B, the importance of accreditation is a myth perpetuated to make the elitist atheists in our society feel like they're better than anyone else.  If you're going to hope to support your point, you're gonna have to do better than a contextless picture and a line of vicious and vacuous insults.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #191 on: November 01, 2010, 03:14:43 PM »
I believe you to be trolling, sir!

« Reply #192 on: November 01, 2010, 03:21:39 PM »
Hitler owned dogs, therefore people that own dogs are evil people whose opinion are evil.

um that is the point...

Still having trouble recognizing sarcasm, are you?

just going along with the joke...

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #193 on: November 01, 2010, 03:22:02 PM »

You're an immoral atheist, not to mention an ignorant evolutionist, so your belief carries no weight.

What joke?

« Reply #194 on: November 01, 2010, 03:28:41 PM »

You're an immoral atheist, not to mention an ignorant evolutionist, so your belief carries no weight.

What joke?
I didn't think you were being sarcastic, I thought you were in character. I was going along with that character.

« Reply #195 on: November 01, 2010, 03:40:26 PM »
@The OP of this thread:

I sent you a PM, as you requested.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #196 on: November 01, 2010, 03:42:16 PM »
@The OP of this thread:

I sent you a PM, as you requested.

lolwut?

?

trig

« Reply #197 on: November 01, 2010, 06:06:17 PM »
First of all, I see nothing in that picture to suggest that it couldn't be a fine learning institution.  B, the importance of accreditation is a myth perpetuated to make the elitist atheists in our society feel like they're better than anyone else.  If you're going to hope to support your point, you're gonna have to do better than a contextless picture and a line of vicious and vacuous insults.
I would generally agree with you that a photo does not say much about a university, but this is totally idiotic. I taught at a small, third world university with a low budget, and almost every one of the laboratories is bigger than the whole university on the photo. Where are they researching all the marvelous counter-arguments against Evolution?

Maybe they have a lot of their teaching infrastructure installed on the Internet, (just maybe) but even assuming that, you would still need space to have the laboratories, have the students do at least some exams at the university, and so many other things.

Your acceptance of just any organization as a university speaks very badly of your own university. Maybe you got your degree from a degree mill so you do not recognize a real university when you see one?

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #198 on: November 01, 2010, 06:31:42 PM »
First of all, I see nothing in that picture to suggest that it couldn't be a fine learning institution.  B, the importance of accreditation is a myth perpetuated to make the elitist atheists in our society feel like they're better than anyone else.  If you're going to hope to support your point, you're gonna have to do better than a contextless picture and a line of vicious and vacuous insults.
I would generally agree with you that a photo does not say much about a university, but this is totally idiotic. I taught at a small, third world university with a low budget, and almost every one of the laboratories is bigger than the whole university on the photo. Where are they researching all the marvelous counter-arguments against Evolution?

Maybe they have a lot of their teaching infrastructure installed on the Internet, (just maybe) but even assuming that, you would still need space to have the laboratories, have the students do at least some exams at the university, and so many other things.

Your acceptance of just any organization as a university speaks very badly of your own university. Maybe you got your degree from a degree mill so you do not recognize a real university when you see one?

Maybe we should bring back the [sarcasm] tag.

« Reply #199 on: November 01, 2010, 07:00:34 PM »

I think all the solidly-written rebuttals to creationist nonsense that I have found there were written by others who do have the background and knowledge to see through the usual lies and distortions in the output of AIG and ICR. How many has Mark written? Basically the writings at talkorigins I have read appear to be solid science taken from peer-reviewed sources. Yes, that site is biased. It is biased against the dishonesty and lies of creationists.

So the ramblings of somebody who writes reviews on Amazon can be taken seriously. I have read some reviews of creationist books there that appears to be written by the author himself or close associates. I would "consider the source" and in the case the source cannot be taken as credible.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 11:22:20 PM by Bulu Bulu Zimbulu »

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #200 on: November 01, 2010, 07:25:56 PM »

A nazi salute? I was laying on a couch making a peace sign at the camera.

evidence here.

This being the only non private photo on my facebook at the time. I did ban the users for trying to release all of my info and claim I was a nazi.

Also, cass has a severe problem of needing to read. It was shown I had profiles on exactly 2 forums. The anarchist cookbook and here. I have never once claimed to be an atheist on any forum I have ever been on, nor a pagan. I have argued against anarchy (it being a retarded philosophy) on all forums. As for the nazi thing, I guess at most I made a few comments when I was 14 or so about the nazis being cool after playing too many WWII video games.

Please get your facts straight cass, slander cases are never good.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #201 on: November 01, 2010, 07:27:16 PM »
If only you had the money to drag him to court...for the lulz.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #202 on: November 02, 2010, 01:29:15 AM »
Meh. If he wins, Cass pays for the whole shebang.

evidence here.

This being the only non private photo on my facebook at the time. I did ban the users for trying to release all of my info and claim I was a nazi.

Also, cass has a severe problem of needing to read. It was shown I had profiles on exactly 2 forums. The anarchist cookbook and here. I have never once claimed to be an atheist on any forum I have ever been on, nor a pagan. I have argued against anarchy (it being a retarded philosophy) on all forums. As for the nazi thing, I guess at most I made a few comments when I was 14 or so about the nazis being cool after playing too many WWII video games.

It's not slander when it's in writing. It's called libel.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #203 on: November 02, 2010, 08:10:49 AM »
Ah yes, thank you wendy. For some reason my mind connects only books and newspapers to libel. The internet feels more spoken.

« Reply #204 on: November 02, 2010, 09:57:07 AM »

evidence here

Well looks like when you were a bit younger you went through several phases, nothing wrong with that but it appears you for some reason are trying now to deny them. Why would this be? The obvious answer is that you currently pose as a rationalist scientific intellect, this doesn't go well with your former beliefs of a flat earth and so it appears you are just in denial about what you formerly believed. Of course no genuine scientist takes flat earth beliefs seriously.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 09:59:03 AM by Cassiterides »
RETIRED

Marcus Aurelius

« Reply #205 on: November 02, 2010, 10:19:22 AM »
This has no relevance at all.

« Reply #206 on: November 02, 2010, 11:43:38 AM »

It shows most posters here don't actually believe in what they claim, but are just here for the sake of argument.

Most posters in this thread who have claimed they believe in evolution, probably actually don't.
RETIRED

Marcus Aurelius

« Reply #207 on: November 02, 2010, 11:47:19 AM »

It shows most posters here don't actually believe in what they claim, but are just here for the sake of argument.

Most posters in this thread who have claimed they believe in evolution, probably actually don't.

Still irrelevant even if it were true, do you know what an ad hominen is?

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #208 on: November 02, 2010, 11:49:19 AM »

All you've done is claim that one person does that about something totally unrelated (the shape of the Earth and belief in God). Not only that but you have failed at proving. It is not relevant to this thread. I cannot believe that someone would think that we are all playing Devil's advocate. This is some sort of weird reverse of Poe's Law.

We accept the fact of evolution due to overwhelming evidence. Now please either STFU or keep on topic.

« Reply #209 on: November 02, 2010, 12:13:48 PM »

All you've done is claim that one person does that about something totally unrelated (the shape of the Earth and belief in God). Not only that but you have failed at proving. It is not relevant to this thread. I cannot believe that someone would think that we are all playing Devil's advocate. This is some sort of weird reverse of Poe's Law.

We accept the fact of evolution due to overwhelming evidence. Now please either STFU or keep on topic.
Even the debate over Evolution is off topic. You claimed that "Evolutionists now believe squids evolved from trees." Can you provide any documentation to back up that claim, or have you failed in this debate?
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards