Penn & Teller - Geniuses

• 6 Replies
Penn & Teller - Geniuses
« on: October 22, 2010, 12:22:01 AM »
Usually it's just Penn...because well fuck, Teller doesn't talk, but Penn Jillette is undoubtedly a great person. He talks about everything exactly how he sees it. He doesn't bend over for anyone.

I agree with 99% of what he says, sure he's a libertarian and I myself lean to the right a bit...it's just that what he says is quick, to the point, and holds people to their beliefs, even though he disagrees with them.

As you may know, Penn & Teller do magic in Las Vegas, however, the duo also do a TV series on Showtime called Penn & Teller Bullshit. Check it out, great show. Penn also does other numerous bits by himself and a notable one is PennPoint. Basically he rants about things on his minds, much like a podcast. http://revision3.com/pennpoint

In his first PennPoint, Penn says at around the 4 minute mark, "So I'm putting the position, on Larry King, of defending a movement that I don't agree with. Which is, I think, one of the greatest positions you can be in, and a position you should be in all the time. . . because you must defend people you don't agree with, that's where you find out what your principles really are."

Here's a good PennPoint http://revision3.com/pennpoint/islam-app-banned  -it's relatively short, and he keeps you entertained even if you disagree.

P.S I put this in Religion/Philosophy/Society because that's what he(they) talk about.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 10:05:52 AM by JamesJamie »

berny_74

• The IceWall! Beat that
Re: Penn & Teller - Geniuses
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 06:58:11 AM »
I agree that series bullshit is gold.  I may not agree with all they say but they do bring up really good points.  As for Iphone etc - I don't own one so I don't have an app for that.

Berny
Apples are for eating
To be fair, sometimes what FE'ers say makes so little sense that it's hard to come up with a rebuttal.
Moonlight is good for you.

Benocrates

• Canadian Philosopher
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 08:06:03 AM »
Who the fuck is Juliette Penn?
Quote from: President Barack Obama
Pot had helped
Get the fuck over it.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 08:14:54 AM »
Who the fuck is Juliette Penn?

Penn's she-male evil clone.

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 10:08:02 AM »
So I made a mistake in his name, can't you see the time I posted? I was fuckin tired.

Anyways, if he PENN JILLETTE should run for president. I would vote for him.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 11:29:28 AM »
You put the last name first and spelled it wrong.

Way to fail.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 01:31:59 PM »
Hmm, I wish I could contribute, but I don't see an actual argument to refute or support, with the possible exception of subjective qualifications of praise. Just the usual 'I think Penn is a cool guy and he doesn't afraid of anything.'
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.