$100USD goes to...

• 48 Replies
?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
$100USD goes to...
« on: October 18, 2010, 05:18:38 AM »
...the first person to prove that there is a massive conspiracy to hide the shape of the Earth.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
Re: $100USD goes to...
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 05:29:15 AM »
Please explain what you mean by 'prove'.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 05:30:17 AM »
prove? ?
[proov]  Show IPA
verb, proved, proved or prov·en, prov·ing.
–verb (used with object)
to establish the truth or genuineness of, as by evidence or argument: to prove one's claim.
Law . to establish the authenticity or validity of (a will); probate.
to give demonstration of by action.
to subject to a test, experiment, comparison, analysis, or the like, to determine quality, amount, acceptability, characteristics, etc.: to prove ore.
to show (oneself) to have the character or ability expected of one, esp. through one's actions.
Mathematics . to verify the correctness or validity of by mathematical demonstration or arithmetical proof.
Also, proof. Printing . to take a trial impression of (type, a cut, etc.).
to cause (dough) to rise to the necessary lightness.
Archaic . to experience.
–verb (used without object)
to turn out: The experiment proved to be successful.
to be found by trial or experience to be: His story proved false.
(of dough) to rise to a specified lightness: Leave covered until it has proved.

?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 05:30:56 AM »
Pick one that makes sense to what I said and run with it.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 05:32:17 AM »
Yes, but to whom does one have to prove it, and acccording to what standard? There are different kinds/standards of 'proof' you know.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

Danukenator123

• My Alts: Parsifal
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 05:39:23 AM »
...the first person to prove that there is a massive conspiracy to hide the shape of the Earth.

There is a lack of true believers because the government exports them to Israel. Once there, they are forced to join the cover operation Hezbollah where people are strapped to rockets and are shot at Jews thus disposing of them.

?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 05:49:18 AM »
Yes, but to whom does one have to prove it, and acccording to what standard? There are different kinds/standards of 'proof' you know.
Well, you have to prove it to me since I'm offering the $100USD. I figured that would have been obvious, but I guess I have to spell it out for the SPED kids that inhabit this website. And according to what standard? You have to prove to me using REAL evidence (James' thread about the aeronautical Satanic cult thing doesn't count) that there is a conspiracy. It's not hard to figure out. I mean, since you have no real proof of it, and without real proof you can't prove a flat Earth, and without a flat Earth this website is mook, then I'll spend on $100 on a hooker. It's not unreasonable that a space program would have a star in it's logo, and I know a star looks like the pentagram, but it's a bunch of hogwash. Prove it. Anything. Do it. Send me stuff. I want to see this conspiracy. Without it, your point is invalid.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 05:53:41 AM »
Actually, it is hard to figure out, because you are not explaining the nature, amount, degree, or strength of evidence you would consider proof. I am not psychic, nor is anyone else on this site (to my knowledge), so you are going to have to explain what standard for 'proof' you are using. There are plenty of existing rubrics or standards, so if you actually know what you're talking about, you should be able explicitly identify one (or a modification thereof).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 09:15:41 AM by Lord Wilmore »

?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 05:54:48 AM »
So what you're saying is that it's impossible to prove the exsistance of TFES because it's impossible to know what everyone in the world would accept as proof?

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 06:05:30 AM »
So what you're saying is that it's impossible to prove the exsistance of TFES because it's impossible to know what everyone in the world would accept as proof?
Did you mean FET?

?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 06:07:09 AM »
Did you mean FET?
Yes I did. I understand that my typo was wrong, and that the existance of TFES is obvious, but I want proof of the FET.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 06:14:56 AM »

No? I'm saying that if you're issuing a challenge, you need to be clear about the terms of that challenge. If you want 'proof', then you need to state what would in your view constitute 'proof'.

?

Thork

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 06:18:57 AM »
Arguing with sillyrob isn't worth $100 of my time.

It would take several hours to convince anyone with his learning difficulties of anything. Divide the time by $100 and I suspect it would be less than minimum wage.

Pointless thread.

berny_74

• The IceWall! Beat that
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 07:14:10 AM »

How about the same standard that you would need to accept the round earth theory?

Berny
Still doesn't understand Intelligent Pulling
To be fair, sometimes what FE'ers say makes so little sense that it's hard to come up with a rebuttal.
Moonlight is good for you.

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 12:31:59 PM »

How about the same standard that you would need to accept the round earth theory?

Berny
Still doesn't understand Intelligent Pulling

Wow, Intelligent pulling. Never heard of that. Probably one of the funniest theories I've ever heard described though.

A good conspiracy theory is an unprovable one.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 12:35:09 PM »

I would accept Round Earth Theory if I saw for myself that the earth was a globe.

Ergo, using the same standards of evidence, just look out your window and you can see for yourself that the earth is a plane.

Thus, as the earth is flat NASA must be lying when they say its not.

I expect the $100 to be sent via paypal to tom.bishop@gmail.com by the end of the day.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 12:37:21 PM by Tom Bishop »

?

Thork

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 12:39:56 PM »
Tom, I'd change that e-mail address to a graphic if I was you, or the spam bots are gonna have you!

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2010, 12:45:24 PM »

I would accept Round Earth Theory if I saw for myself that the earth was a globe.

Ergo, using the same standards of evidence, just look out your window and you can see for yourself that the earth is a plane.

I expect the $100 to be sent via paypal to tom.bishop@gmail.com by the end of the day.

I see it's not flat, otherwise I would be able to see europe from here(canada).
Also, if you say "bendy light" that means you cannot believe everything you see, so looking out a window does not constitute proof.
round earther
Quote from:  topic#19384
Gravity as a force does not exist
Quote from: FAQ
Q: Why does g vary with altitude if the Earth simply accelerates up?

A: The celestial bodies have a slight gravitational pull.

Vindictus

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2010, 12:49:28 PM »

Tom, you wouldn't believe the Earth to be round, even from space, as you have stated that you expect to see a 'circular illuminated area'.

I'd also mention atoms and other such things that don't exactly work with the 'I have to see it to believe it' paradigm. Does that mean all of the Scientists out there are lying?

Finally, it is simple to see the curvature of the Earth, there are small hints everywhere. Sinking ships, traveling many kilometers and not being able to see previously distinct objects anymore, even from a couple of meters of elevation.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 12:53:00 PM by Vindictus »

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 12:57:36 PM »
I see it's not flat, otherwise I would be able to see europe from here(canada).

You must have some pretty good eyesight if you expect to see a thin landmass several thousand miles away.

Also, if you say "bendy light" that means you cannot believe everything you see, so looking out a window does not constitute proof.

I don't believe in bendy light.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 01:07:44 PM by Tom Bishop »

?

Thork

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2010, 12:58:51 PM »
I don't believe in bendy light.
Do you believe in spam bots?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2010, 01:06:33 PM »
Tom, you wouldn't believe the Earth to be round, even from space, as you have stated that you expect to see a 'circular illuminated area'.

From the edge of the atmosphere I would expect to see some slight curvature to the horizon on a Flat Earth, the observer looking down at a circular area of light. We would be looking at a slight curved horizon.

However, from a farther distance above the earth, many thousands of miles away and looking down at the earth, like in the Apollo shots, the scene should be much different than what NASA shows us. The earth should not appear as a shaded globe, and the sun should be centered over the illuminated area beneath the craft.

In order to believe in a Round Earth I would need to see a similar scene to what NASA shows us in Apollo: a full globe.

I'd also mention atoms and other such things that don't exactly work with the 'I have to see it to believe it' paradigm. Does that mean all of the Scientists out there are lying?

No one has seen atoms. It is not a given that atoms exist. There are alternatives to atomic theory, in which matter is made of waves.

http://www.glafreniere.com/matter.htm

Finally, it is simple to see the curvature of the Earth, there are small hints everywhere. Sinking ships, traveling many kilometers and not being able to see previously distinct objects anymore, even from a couple of meters of elevation.

Read the Wiki/Earth Not a Globe for the subject of sinking ships.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 01:19:34 PM by Tom Bishop »

Vindictus

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2010, 01:18:51 PM »

From the edge of the atmosphere I would expect to see some slight curvature to the horizon on a Flat Earth, the observer looking down at a circular area of light.

However, from a farther distance above the earth, many thousands of miles away and looking down at the earth, like in the Apollo shots, the scene should be much different than what NASA shows us. The earth should not appear as a shaded globe, and the sun should be centered over the illuminated area beneath the craft.

Fair enough.

No one has seen atoms. It is not a given that atoms exist. There are alternatives to atomic theory, in which matter is made of waves.

Atoms are the most plausible explanation due to the abundance of evidence in their favour, similar to a Round Earth.

Read the Wiki/Earth Not a Globe for answers.

That's more about fitting a detailed and unproven description to something that is simply explained by the Earth being spherical.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2010, 01:22:57 PM »

Please post a photo of the view out your window that shows that the earth is a plane.  Preferably with some evidence that it is indeed your window.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2010, 01:25:05 PM »

Atoms are the most plausible explanation due to the abundance of evidence in their favour, similar to a Round Earth.

How are Atoms more plausible when they have never been seen?

That's more about fitting a detailed and unproven description to something that is simply explained by the Earth being spherical.

Read the Wiki article on the topic:

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Ships+appear+to+sink+as+they+recede+past+the+horizon

People have been able to restore half-sunken ships with a telescope, demonstrating that they were not hidden by "hills of water," but obscured by natural perspective.

The Sinking Ship Effect is a proof for a Flat Earth.

Lorddave

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2010, 01:27:09 PM »

Read the Wiki article on the topic:

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Ships+appear+to+sink+as+they+recede+past+the+horizon

People have been able to restore half-sunken ships with a telescope, demonstrating that they were not hidden by "hills of water," but obscured by natural perspective.

Hold on let me check...

Nope, can't do it.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

?

zork

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2010, 01:28:58 PM »

Please post a photo of the view out your window that shows that the earth is a plane.  Preferably with some evidence that it is indeed your window.
I wonder how high his window is that he sees the entire earth.
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

?

zork

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2010, 01:30:38 PM »

Hold on let me check...

Nope, can't do it.
I guess that is why there is no photos or videos about it.
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2010, 01:32:47 PM »
Globularists have admitted that Kansas has near "perfect flatness".

Why can we not see from one end of Kansas to the other?
The article doesn't convince anyone that Kansas is so flat as to allow one to see across it. Do try harder.
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

Lorddave

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2010, 01:36:45 PM »

Hold on let me check...

Nope, can't do it.
I guess that is why there is no photos or videos about it.
Indeed.
Or using radar.
Or radio.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.