Satellites/International Space Station

• 23 Replies
Satellites/International Space Station
« on: October 15, 2010, 01:12:14 PM »
The English Gentleman and I were debating about this. I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread about it as it is a very important point and great evidence toward the earth being round.

From what I understand, flat earthers do no believe that satellites exist. How can this be when you can see the international space station with your naked eye?

I myself have seen it multiple times. I think it is very cool that it seemingly vanishes before it goes over the horizon as it enters earth's shadow. You can no longer see it once it enters earth's shadow because earth is blocking the sun's light from reflecting on it. If you want, you can look up the date and time it will be passing over your town or city so you can look at it and see it yourself. My question is, though, how can you not believe that there are man made satellites orbiting the round earth with evidence like this?

?

Danukenator123

• My Alts: Parsifal
Re: Satellites/International Space Station
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 01:25:12 PM »
The English Gentleman and I were debating about this. I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread about it as it is a very important point and great evidence toward the earth being round.

From what I understand, flat earthers do no believe that satellites exist. How can this be when you can see the international space station with your naked eye?

I myself have seen it multiple times. I think it is very cool that it seemingly vanishes before it goes over the horizon as it enters earth's shadow. You can no longer see it once it enters earth's shadow because earth is blocking the sun's light from reflecting on it. If you want, you can look up the date and time it will be passing over your town or city so you can look at it and see it yourself. My question is, though, how can you not believe that there are man made satellites orbiting the round earth with evidence like this?

They can't. The only explanation they will give will relate to "bendy light," the no answer Spackle of the FET. I also can confirm seeing satellite in person and in detail with a telescope.

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 08:48:49 PM »
I just wish a flat earther would join the debate rather than avoid it.

Johannes

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 09:44:38 PM »
Hologram projections.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 09:51:57 PM »
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Horatio

• Official Member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 10:16:59 PM »
Hologram projections.

Evidence?

Since when do FEs have to provide evidence?
How dare you have the audacity to demand my deposition. I've never even heard of you.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 10:56:56 PM »
The ISS does not need to be a satellite in orbit to pass overhead.

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 06:46:06 AM »
The ISS does not need to be a satellite in orbit to pass overhead.

So why doesn't it fall straight to the ground? There is no centripetal acceleration whatsoever.

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 12:25:49 PM »
I see a satellite "orbiting" every day at 7 pm (I am in India and this is around august). It changes its path and time over the year.
I once saw it quite early in the morning. Generally I can see it from august to october from 7pm till 10pm(cause thats when the parks close :-) ).

So Why is it changing position. Its it a party of the conspiracy?

I see many objects moving everyday. Start moving and disappearing. Fortunately I have had friends with me who confirm the exact same start moving.

At the risk of sounding silly. :P I started staying up at the sky when I first fell in love. Both my and my best mate fell in love together in college around 18 years ago.
And we would be with our girlfriends till 7 drop them off and go to the nearest park and just lay down on the grass in a dreamy state.

And then i saw a shooting star and I said I am gonna wish. Then we find shooting stars are not a rare phenomenon(Not exactly shooting start so don't get all technical on me, just a lot of objects that disappeared)

Then we were doing this everyday and this caught our eye.
My friend used to do this when he was a kid and he told me lets sit and look at the sky and he would show me a satellite he had seen many times.
This where we saw the satellite. It was exciting, nobody I knew of had seen a satellite(or whatever that thing was, since here apparently Satellites don't exist)

So what are those things and what are they doing up there. Since there is no "orbit" they cannot be moving by themselves.
And why do some satellites drift away.
What about satellite Internet and their Footprint.

?

Thork

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 12:41:01 PM »
I see a satellite "orbiting" every day at 7 pm (I am in India and this is around august). It changes its path and time over the year.
I once saw it quite early in the morning. Generally I can see it from august to october from 7pm till 10pm(cause thats when the parks close :-) ).

I see many objects moving everyday. Start moving and disappearing. Fortunately I have had friends with me who confirm the exact same start moving.

At the risk of sounding silly. :P I started staying up at the sky when I first fell in love. Both my and my best mate fell in love together in college around 18 years ago.
And we would be with our girlfriends till 7 drop them off and go to the nearest park and just lay down on the grass in a dreamy state.

And then i saw a shooting star and I said I am gonna wish. Then we find shooting stars are not a rare phenomenon(Not exactly shooting start so don't get all technical on me, just a lot of objects that disappeared)

My friend used to do this when he was a kid and he told me lets sit and look at the sky and he would show me a satellite he had seen many times.
This where we saw the satellite. It was exciting, nobody I knew of had seen a satellite(or whatever that thing was, since here apparently Satellites don't exist)

So what are those things and what are they doing up there. Since there is no "orbit" they cannot be moving by themselves.
Now send this to 10 friends and you will meet the love of your life.

"Satellites" are not in orbit. They are launched and fly high above, but not in orbit. Once they have traversed the sky they land. They are loaded onto aircraft and flown back so as they can repeat the mission again in the same direction. Here they are trying it with the shuttle. After a launch, where ever it comes down, it is flown back so they can use it again.

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 05:42:22 PM »

"Satellites" are not in orbit. They are launched and fly high above, but not in orbit. Once they have traversed the sky they land. They are loaded onto aircraft and flown back so as they can repeat the mission again in the same direction. Here they are trying it with the shuttle. After a launch, where ever it comes down, it is flown back so they can use it again.

Now that is one of the funniest images I've ever seen.

?

Horatio

• Official Member
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 06:30:13 PM »

It's just the shuttle transport aircraft carrying the shuttle back to KSC after landing at Edwards Air Force base. It has nothing to do with any conspiracy.

Fucking idiots. I apologize, but it needs to be said.
How dare you have the audacity to demand my deposition. I've never even heard of you.

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010, 06:47:13 PM »

It's just the shuttle transport aircraft carrying the shuttle back to KSC after landing at Edwards Air Force base. It has nothing to do with any conspiracy.

F-ing idiots. I apologize, but it needs to be said.
I agree. It's like every FEer has resorted to just making things up. Even EG lies about photos now. I guess relying on the truth wasn't enough for them.
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

?

Danukenator123

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2010, 08:33:59 PM »

[/quote]

I almost bothered writing that out but couldn't justify the time type it. I assume its going to be refuted by saying: "Thats what the conspiracy wants you to think."

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2010, 12:29:47 AM »

He was implying it can launch like that.

LOL

?

zork

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2010, 12:40:15 AM »

Flying takes fuel. And how long do you suppose this one "satellite" can fly up there, day? Two? These "satellites" provide info every day and it's going to be quite costly to launch who knows how many "satellites" some 200 times in year. This just doesn't justify its cost.
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

berny_74

• The IceWall! Beat that
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 05:16:09 AM »

He was implying it can launch like that.

LOL

Only in James Bond
Berny
Having coffee
To be fair, sometimes what FE'ers say makes so little sense that it's hard to come up with a rebuttal.
Moonlight is good for you.

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 10:31:07 AM »

You think you are funny?? What up with the send it to 10 friends comment?

If you get of your pedestal and read my comments again. You will see that I have quoted "orbit" because I am speaking from a FEer perspective.

I am only asking this because I read the fact and FE says there are no Satellites.

So what is that? To be honest seems like a far fetched theory of planes flying satellites back to fly again over the earth. If the satellite is flying then why can't is move just like the sun does in FET.

While I have other questions which Support FET or atleast question RET. I was going through website to see if it has been addressed anywhere.

Its a pretty hard to find.
Also there is not mention of the FET mention in Vedas. There is a theory that the earth is a flat disc in the vedas. Its not taken seriously because years ago when I was ignorant of the vedas I saw an illustration of the FET and it shows the earth as a disc atop two elephants(or was it tortoise, I am not sure).

You surely can keep your sarcasm aside and have a serious discussion.

Also if anyone can lead to me to posts that have covered FET mention in Vedas and ISlam. ALso there is Iraqi Scientist who believe that the earth if Flat as has a lot of theories to support it. But his belief arises from the fact that the "quran says the earth is flat and the quran is the direct words of god so it has to be true". Now that would not be taken seriously by a lot of people out there :-)

?

Danukenator123

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2010, 10:41:45 AM »

::) Stupid troll is stupid.

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2010, 10:47:31 AM »
Any one else care to respond?
especially to this

It changes its path and time over the year.>> Do you think they are doing these calculations so that its going over head at the exact same time same position every day every year??

What about satellite Internet and their Footprint>> According to the "official" explanation I believe a satellite that has "fixed" footprint Orbits with the earth..So that why it can remain at the same position.

In FET the satellite does not have move, so what keeps it up there.
Also why is this "flying object" that I have seen moving, and moving so quickly.
I think 7 pm- 9pm(5.5+ GMT) it should be in the sky around this year. So anyone can watch it and see it for themselves.

What could that possibly be and why is it moving so fast and seems to take the same path(which changes over the year) everytime.

Well a lot of "common" believe that we cannot see satellites with our naked eyes. So I stopped asking if anyone has seen it years ago.
An internet search led to nothing. Otherwise there would be some mention of the satellite in this age or day.

Another flat earth believer told me that Only non-vegans can see satellites. Vegans don't see them and since they are vegans they don't fall for these hoaxes :-D.. With people coming up with such theories for FET you really cannot blame anyone for thinking of FETers as crazy :-P.

Fortunately I just did some thinking on it as I remember years ago I had visited this website and there were some pretty strong arguments that were convincing, but I would be ashamed to say I rejected it just like the "masses" do without investigating.(In my defense I don't go around attacking FETer but I tell them Hey I read some pretty good arguments on FES website years ago :-D).

I want to first eliminate the regular "theories" and then I want to discuss my own theories questioning the RET.
And if FET prevails...I don't know what next :-P..

?

Danukenator123

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2010, 10:58:00 AM »
At this point the OP poster can declare RE Victory. Thorks post was Half Spam/Half Misinformation.

?

kooky

• Cant we all just get along?
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2010, 11:45:22 AM »
At this point the OP poster can declare RE Victory. Thorks post was Half Spam/Half Misinformation.
what proof do you have of this statement.

berny_74

• The IceWall! Beat that
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2010, 12:20:57 PM »

Irrevelant

Berny
Impact
To be fair, sometimes what FE'ers say makes so little sense that it's hard to come up with a rebuttal.
Moonlight is good for you.

?

Danukenator123

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2010, 01:00:05 PM »

If you can't tell then I would be wasting energy explaining. Also Nice Picture.