Flat Earth Society newsletters are online!

• 11 Replies

Daniel

• Administrator

?

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 04:26:01 PM »
Wow, that's quite an interesting repository of unbridled stupidity. I like the blurb on John Lennon's death in the March 1981 newsletter:

"Good news today... SUICIDE

Good news today: This monster, this bebased degenerate dope fiend and corrupter of children, one of the band of subhuman "Knights of the British Empire" they were knighted by the present Queen of England as a reward for opening up the dope trade in U.S.A. to little children, then called tiny boppers, also called little beasts or beatles. And the spreading of degrading atheist perversion to the children of U.S.A. -- the Beatles of Liverpool. This one committed suicide about fifteen years ago in Atlanta, GA, said publicly he despised Christ, said he was more popular than JESUS, etc. etc. The day he said these perverse things is the day he committed Suicide! His rotten old carcass didn't fall till while back on the sidewalks of New York. Since he, like the rest of the BEATLES are sub-human demonistic creatures... may GOD have mercy on his immortal soul."

AWESOME.

You can find this blurb on the last page, right before the page with the article "Gravity Does Not Exist" and the blurb praising Jerry Fallwell.

?

cadmium_blimp

• funny, you thought I'd convert, didn't you?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 01:10:49 PM »
Can I get an FES t-shirt?

Quote from: Commander Taggart
Never give up, never surrender!

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 10:46:51 AM »
Quote from: "Dionysios"
Good idea.

I want to thank Daniel again for posting these issues on-line, and I have two recommendations:

1) Any other issues available? (i.e. most of the ones from the 1980's)
As far as that is concerned, might the source have others available?  It would be good for interested individuals to know of repostitories of these issues with a view towards posting the rmainder on-line.  I am aware that Charles Johnson's library was destroyed when his house burned down circa 1999, but he did not get all of Samuel Shenton's books when he became president of the Flat Earth Society in 1971 which leads to my second recommendation.

2) Gathering and posting of Samuel Shenton era flat earth literature from the late 1950's and 1960's.  I intend to post more on this second recommendation under Daniel's other post entitled 'Better and Flatter Earths' by Sir Patrick Moore.

- Dionysios

I am afraid that Daniel posted this last year.  Someone "bumped" the topic.
ttp://theflatearthsociety.org/forums/search.php

"Against criticism a man can neither protest nor defend himself; he must act in spite of it, and then it will gradually yield to him." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 11:00:31 AM »
the

Rogherio

• Me gusta las gambas.
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 08:25:05 AM »
here here.

It would be good to find out wether there are other chapters around in the UK.
"My breasts are small and humble so you don't confuse them with mountains"

Sean O'Grady

• Flat Earth Theorist
Re: Flat Earth Society newsletters are online!
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 05:18:18 AM »
Are these going to be put back up?

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 08:59:38 PM »

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 12:38:03 PM »
How?  Do you have access to them?

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 07:42:18 PM »
How?  Do you have access to them?

Yes, I do, and they will be up when the new site format is launched.

Sean O'Grady

• Flat Earth Theorist
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 03:35:04 AM »
New site???

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 07:32:40 AM »
New site???

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=20073.0

But I'll be re-launching the site (complete with a mechanism for properly joining the Society)

Ignore the time stated, it's been delayed due to real life, but it will definitely launch asap. I've see the new design, it looks splendid. And no, I cannot show any of you. Just know its coming for sure, complete with the Flat Earth News and possibly a user editable wiki.