Gravity At Different Altitudes

• 15 Replies
« on: August 20, 2006, 12:19:23 AM »
I haven't searched the forums for a post about this, and frankly I wouldn't even know what keywords to use, so I'll address it here.

The acceleration due to gravity has been measured at different altitudes on the earth.  It's been shown that that acceleration is lower at high altitudes than it is at sea level.  How would the FE model account for this?
SHOOP DA WHOOP

Re: Gravity At Different Altitudes
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 01:45:07 AM »
Quote from: "submerge529"
I haven't searched the forums for a post about this, and frankly I wouldn't even know what keywords to use, so I'll address it here.

The acceleration due to gravity has been measured at different altitudes on the earth.  It's been shown that that acceleration is lower at high altitudes than it is at sea level.  How would the FE model account for this?

the gravity of the stars apparently.
tf?

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 06:25:54 AM »
The acceleration due to gravity has been measured at different altitudes on the earth

Measured by who? Those who have worked so hard to make the world believe the earth is flat?  Please try harder not to confuse myth with fact.
he world is flat, get over your false 'science religion'. Accept common sense and sanity for once in your life.

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 07:12:05 AM »
Quote from: "ChrisDuhfur"
The acceleration due to gravity has been measured at different altitudes on the earth

Measured by who? Those who have worked so hard to make the world believe the earth is flat?  Please try harder not to confuse myth with fact.
perhaps you can take your own advice.

F = GM1M2/Rē

G = constant (6.672 x 10^-11)
M1 = mass of first object
M2 = mass of second object
R = radius (distance between centre of mass of objects)

http://www.spaceflight.esa.int/users/materials/introduction/gravity/gravity.html
http://www.answers.com/topic/gravity-earth
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_(Earth)
he computer genius guy

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 11:49:55 AM »
Quote from: "ChrisDuhfur"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acceleration_due_to_gravity

^This is a RE explanation of why g varies at different parts of the earth.  What's the FE explanation?  Or are you saying "it doesn't vary"?  We're talking on a most fundamental level here - this is simply a website that exposes a hole in FE theory.  g varies, it's a given.  I don't know how to make it any more clear-cut for you.  It isn't a "myth" when you can test this out for yourself with nothing more than some video equipment, linear measuring tools and a marble.

And the cash to do an intermediate amount of travelling.

Edit: Here's a fun site to play around with: http://bpesoft.com/s/wleizero/xhac/?h=-86&M=g
SHOOP DA WHOOP

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 12:05:11 PM »
his is a RE explanation of why g varies at different parts of the earth. What's the FE explanation? Or are you saying "it doesn't vary"?

Well, Wikipedia can be edited by anyone, so why don't YOU put in the FE explanation?
img]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/381/samuraichamplooie0.jpg[/img]
In Soviet Russia, Penguin makes You!

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2006, 12:15:10 PM »
Quote from: "General Dallows"
his is a RE explanation of why g varies at different parts of the earth. What's the FE explanation? Or are you saying "it doesn't vary"?

Well, Wikipedia can be edited by anyone, so why don't YOU put in the FE explanation?

What is your point?  You're saying that "unreliable sources" may have contributed to that wikipedia article?  I did a google search for "acceleration due to gravity", and this was the top result, probably because it was the most RELEVANT?  I'm just posting the most relevant page it gave me - if you don't like it, I can post a hundred more that have nothing to do with wikipedia.

And why should I try to explain something that it's my opponent's job to?  Honest to goodness I wouldn't even know where to begin... I'm a RE'er.  Leave it to the "professionals".
SHOOP DA WHOOP

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 12:41:24 PM »
Meh, it's getting hard to tell who's on which side....
img]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/381/samuraichamplooie0.jpg[/img]
In Soviet Russia, Penguin makes You!

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2006, 01:43:57 PM »
I did a google search for "acceleration due to gravity", and this was the top result, probably because it was the most RELEVANT?

God the next generation is flat out retarded. This IS NOT how you do research. A website pointing to a user editable website. Clearly at the utmost of accuracy and objectivity right there.

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2006, 01:53:44 PM »
Quote from: "General Dallows"
Meh, it's getting hard to tell who's on which side....

Back in the day, people had their own labels... like sceptic/believer.
he man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Advocatus Diaboli

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2006, 01:58:30 PM »
Take your adderall and then tell me where I said I was doing research you arrogant twit.  I just linked a site EXPLAINING RE theory's take on this.  In no way is it a 100% proof via the scientific method or anything close to that, I'm just citing an example of RE EXPLANATION for this fact.  Which is better than the NOTHING you or any FE'ers are giving me so far.

If you need to put words in my mouth and belittle me in an attempt to "throw off" my argument, just don't.  Realize that you don't have to post in every thread.  And I sure as hell don't need to belittle you to help myself, but I did it anyway because you're just that much of a natural dumbass.

Next?
SHOOP DA WHOOP

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2006, 02:05:34 PM »
Take your adderall and then tell me where I said I was doing research you arrogant twit.  I just linked a site EXPLAINING RE theory's take on this.  In no way is it a 100% proof via the scientific method or anything close to that, I'm just citing an example of RE EXPLANATION for this fact.  Which is better than the NOTHING you or any FE'ers are giving me so far.

If you need to put words in my mouth and belittle me in an attempt to "throw off" my argument, just don't.  Realize that you don't have to post in every thread.  And I sure as hell don't need to belittle you to help myself, but I did it anyway because you're just that much of a natural dumbass.

Next?

I laugh at you for trusting google to think for you.  :lol:

Good job getting all pissed off at me for pointing out you haven't the faintest clue at doing research, or citing credible sources in an argument.

?

Ubuntu

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2006, 02:26:14 PM »
submerge529 - they don't have an answer. They all know that they're wrong. I've seen the posts which the FE'ers thought no RE'ers would ever read. They stated to their fellow FE'ers in that they believe and acknowledge that the Earth is truly round in said posts. They're just screwing with you. Some prominent FE'ers are openly Devil's Advocate. Even the RE'ers here screw with you. Abandon all hope ye who enter here.

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2006, 02:32:59 PM »
Like me and meph for example, we are both RE people, but like to argue FE, I don't know his motives, but mine are simply fun and debate practice.
he man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Advocatus Diaboli

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2006, 12:06:53 PM »
Quote from: "An_Atheist"

F = GM1M2/Rē

thats all you need. higher up, R is bigger, F is smaller. since F=mg then g is smaller. whats the problem?
tf?

dysfunction

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2006, 01:21:19 PM »
The problem is that the UA hypothesis can't explain that.
the cake is a lie