PSA: Moonlight Causes Seizures: avoid at all costs

• 85 Replies
?

zork

Re: PSA: Moonlight Causes Seizures: avoid at all costs
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2010, 11:41:56 AM »
Humans are good at finding patterns in cause and effect, even when they don't necessarily exist.
As well as baselessly refuting them when they exist, as mentioned above.
So, what base you have for the dangers of moonlight? Haven't still seen anything except for your belief.
Obvious coincidences and accidents, of course.
They happen even without the moonlight. And if you go out at the cold night with the moon and don't have sufficient clothing then the cold which you catch isn't because of the moonlight. There are hundreds of more things out there which can cause your problems.
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2010, 11:58:58 AM »
They happen even without the moonlight. And if you go out at the cold night with the moon and don't have sufficient clothing then the cold which you catch isn't because of the moonlight. There are hundreds of more things out there which can cause your problems.
I agree. This is why I said I can't conclusively prove anything here, and that I'm only talking about my beliefs. To me, it seems too convenient to be a coincidence. To you, it might not. I have nothing but non-conclusive observation and gut feeling to support my claim, and it'd be ridiculous for me to expect you to prove that it's not moonlight. I believe we'll just have to agree to disagree.
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

Hessy

• My alts: Edgeworth, any/all spambots
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2010, 04:13:35 AM »
In 2008, doctors at the Department of Clinical and Experimental Epilepsy, Institute of Neurology UCL concluded a 341 day study that linked epileptic seizures to moonlight.  The doctors, in their blameless ignorance, erroneously attributed not only the light from the moon as being reflected off the sun (It's from moon-dwelling bioluminescent fungus/bacteria and sonoluminescent shrimp-like creatures, the latter of which are the primary cause of the deleterious effects), but also a correlation between the intensity of the light produced and seizures incurred; when they moved their patients out of the moonlight, the seizures dropped in frequency and duration.

The obvious conclusion, overlooked by scientists locked in a rigid and credulous system geared to reinforcing their own ideas, is that the moon's rays are the direct cause of the observed seizures and not the extra, and notably negligible, addition of light by the moon in the night sky.  If this were the case, the test subjects would succumbing to seizures anytime they passed a soft-glowing light bulb or streetlamp.

Be warned, the moon's rays are proven to be harmful and everyone should avoid them at all costs.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6WDT-4T1X2HG-1&_user=10&_coverDate=10%2F31%2F2008&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_origin=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1480274888&_rerunOrigin=google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=c3bbe0a5e8946f2eeb34000147e5a1ea&searchtype=a#implicit0

How do you know the siezures weren't caused by light in general, rather than specifically moonlight?  Any kind of bright light has been known to induce siezures.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2010, 06:25:14 AM »
In 2008, doctors at the Department of Clinical and Experimental Epilepsy, Institute of Neurology UCL concluded a 341 day study that linked epileptic seizures to moonlight.  The doctors, in their blameless ignorance, erroneously attributed not only the light from the moon as being reflected off the sun (It's from moon-dwelling bioluminescent fungus/bacteria and sonoluminescent shrimp-like creatures, the latter of which are the primary cause of the deleterious effects), but also a correlation between the intensity of the light produced and seizures incurred; when they moved their patients out of the moonlight, the seizures dropped in frequency and duration.

The obvious conclusion, overlooked by scientists locked in a rigid and credulous system geared to reinforcing their own ideas, is that the moon's rays are the direct cause of the observed seizures and not the extra, and notably negligible, addition of light by the moon in the night sky.  If this were the case, the test subjects would succumbing to seizures anytime they passed a soft-glowing light bulb or streetlamp.

Be warned, the moon's rays are proven to be harmful and everyone should avoid them at all costs.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6WDT-4T1X2HG-1&_user=10&_coverDate=10%2F31%2F2008&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_origin=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1480274888&_rerunOrigin=google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=c3bbe0a5e8946f2eeb34000147e5a1ea&searchtype=a#implicit0

How do you know the siezures weren't caused by light in general, rather than specifically moonlight?  Any kind of bright light has been known to induce siezures.

I like how the OP fails to mention in his warning that those in the study already have seizure disorder (epilepsy) and were already prone to seizures.  Perhaps I'm reading too much into the warning, but it almost seems as if the OP is suggesting that moonlight can cause seizures in people who are not otherwise prone to them. 
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Death-T

• Conspiracy theories are my bread and butter.
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2010, 08:26:10 AM »

I like how the OP fails to mention in his warning that those in the study already have seizure disorder (epilepsy) and were already prone to seizures.  Perhaps I'm reading too much into the warning, but it almost seems as if the OP is suggesting that moonlight can cause seizures in people who are not otherwise prone to them. 

SILENCE - You're making too much sense for them. Their minds are fragile.
" Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. " - Albert Einstein

" We are imperfect.  We cannot expect perfect government. "  ~William Howard Taft

Hessy

« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2010, 09:30:44 AM »
Pro tip: your link is broken, Pongo.

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2010, 02:11:34 PM »
So, lights make people prone to epileptic seizures more likely to have a seizure.  Got it, thanks, definitely didn't know that already.
Recently listened to:

« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2010, 03:52:46 PM »
So, lights make people prone to epileptic seizures more likely to have a seizure.  Got it, thanks, definitely didn't know that already.

Groundbreaking stuff right here

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2010, 03:48:53 AM »

It's not my link, I do not own the web space where it resides... or once resided.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2010, 07:05:56 AM »

It's not my link, I do not own the web space where it resides... or once resided.

But you did provide the link.

Hessy

« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2010, 04:16:31 AM »

I'd just like you to find your source again.  I wanted to see it again to make fun of/disprove it.

?

EireEngineer

• Woo Nemesis
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2011, 08:19:24 PM »
Funny coincidence, but I just spent the last four months sleeping under the stars (and frequently moonlight) and I experienced no ill effects. Then I come back and see this thread is still going.... ;D
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2011, 11:01:33 PM »
Funny coincidence, but I just spent the last four months sleeping under the stars (and frequently moonlight) and I experienced no ill effects. Then I come back and see this thread is still going.... ;D

Funny coincidence, but friends of mine have been smoking for some years and they're all healthy. Then I read the carton and it says that cigarettes kill..... ;D
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2011, 11:05:34 PM »

Funny coincidence, but friends of mine have been smoking for some years and they're all healthy. Then I read the carton and it says that cigarettes kill..... ;D

The ill effects that some here are claiming to be caused by the moon are more immediate and noticeable than the side effects of smoking.

Hessy

« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2011, 05:33:48 AM »

Considering he hasn't experienced the dizziness and aching experienced within 24 hours nor the grossly exaggerated effects described by Rowboat/James. . .

« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2011, 07:59:58 PM »

It's a lump of rock that reflects light.

That is all.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2011, 08:58:52 PM »

It's a lump of rock that on which shrimp live that produce light.

That is all.

Fix'd that for you. Common mistake!

« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2011, 09:34:24 PM »

That is all.

how do the shrimp survive on the moon?

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2011, 11:47:34 PM »
What is this, you can't just go posting pictures of moonshrimp. It's dangerous. Luckily I was wearing shades when I opened this page.

Please mods, remove the images to prevent unsuspecting victims.
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2011, 12:26:11 AM »
What is this, you can't just go posting pictures of moonshrimp. It's dangerous. Luckily I was wearing shades when I opened this page.

It's a picture, lol, overreacting much?

moon shrimp also taste delicious with fake cake.
the cake is a lie

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2011, 06:45:43 AM »

That is all.

I don't see any shrimp.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2011, 09:03:23 AM »
http://www.moonwallpapers.net/media/cache/1/1/150x150-1-1-7-11703-moon.jpg

That is all.

I don't see any shrimp.

But you do see the light from them!

?

Oracle

• RE'er with an open, but critical, mind.
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2011, 09:15:46 AM »
http://www.moonwallpapers.net/media/cache/1/1/150x150-1-1-7-11703-moon.jpg

That is all.

I don't see any shrimp.

But you do see the light from them!

No, I see light that is reflected off the dusty dry surface of the moon that is merely a reflection of the sun's light as it travels the globular earth ... I don't see any shrimp at all.

Note: (I'm really tired of trying to keep an open mind on this...If some people are going to insist that the light originates from shrimp and that light is therefor proof of shrimp (circular argument), I'm just going back to RET and stubbornly sticking with that.)

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2011, 10:58:30 AM »

Thank you dearly. I agree as well. Pictures of the moon should be banned. Moonshrimplight itself is harmful, who knows what the effects of looking at a picture of it could do to you!

?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2011, 11:29:01 AM »
Unless the moon shrimp live under the surface, and the surface is see-through, I don't think if the entire moon was covered in shrimp, and the shrimp was the only source of light on the moon, that you would be able to see the surface at all.

?

LordMasterOverlord

« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2011, 07:05:37 PM »
Post a pic 100 times again and you'll be banned.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 07:17:56 PM by Ichimaru Gin :] »