WARNING: Moon Especially Powerful This Week

• 40 Replies

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
WARNING: Moon Especially Powerful This Week
« on: September 23, 2010, 06:28:17 PM »
It has come to my attention, thanks to warnings from my brother Ichimaru Gin, that the world is currently in the grip of a so-called "Super-harvest Moon" during which the Autumnal Equinox has combined with a full harvest Moon in order to enhance the Moon's deadly rays to unprecedented levels, not expected to be seen again until 2029.

Our scientists have determined that prolonged exposure to the Moon's rays can be damaging to plants, humans and animals. It is possible to read more on the following links:
http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/za29.htm#fr_32
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=36906.0
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=31831.0

Exposure to the Moon is known to cause tissue damage, especially to the eyes and brain in humans, which can result in blindness, mental perturbation or even death.

Since I am aware that during the course of our astronomical debates, members of the forums often feel impelled to examine the Moon, and may be particularly so inclined during this strange period of the Moon's behaviour, I am posting a series of precautionary guidelines so that a safe attitude towards the Moon may be taken.

On its website, NASA, in its ignorance at the true nature of the Moon, is recklessly encouraging members of the public to sit all night watching the Moon: http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2010/22sep_harvestmoon/

However, this should not be attempted except with the most stringent safety measures.

NB: Moonlight in any quantity may be dangerous to your health - during the Super-harvest Moon it may be safer to stay indoors entirely and avoid exposure.

When viewing the Moon, or expecting to face exposure to the Moon, please try to follow these procedures:

• Wear sunglasses - Dark glasses may protect your eyes, which are particularly sensitive, from Moon rays which can damage your eyes.
  • Cover any exposed skin - Cases of Moonlight exposure to bare skin can be particularly severe. Always wear long sleeves, gloves and a hat. A balaclava or thick scarf can protect your nose, mouth, cheeks and ears from the Moon.
  • Don't stay out too long - The damage caused by exposure to the Moon increases over time. Try and make sure you are able to return to your home promptly after an episode of Moon exposure, and make sure that you are not exposed for more time than is absolutely necessary.

Even if you are not planning to spend any time outside during the evenings of this dangerous week, you may find the following tips helpful:

• Protect your home - Moonlight can seep in through uncovered windows, doors and skylights. Make sure that you have thick curtains, or, better still, shutters on major windows which are likely to face the Moon. You may find it useful to tape reflective material, such as aluminium foil (shiny side out) on gaps in your home, or even on the windows themselves, in order to improve Moon-protection further.
  • Make sure your pets are safe - The Moon can hurt animals just as much as humans. Consider bringing your pets indoors during the evening, or if you intend to let them roam the night, you may want to wrap them up in protective clothing just as you did with yourself!
  • Watch out for plants - Moonlight can putrefy many varieties of unsuspecting garden plant. Most flowers close their petals at night in order to protect them from Moon rays, but during the Super-harvest Moon this may not be enough. You may want to cover even self-defending flowers and other plants with aluminium foil or another protective material.

Although posters should be vigilant for the whole week, the Moon is expected to be at its most potent during the small hours of Thursday. Stay indoors if you can!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 06:37:51 PM by James »
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

Re: WARNING: MOON ESPECIALLY POWERFUL DURING WEEK
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 06:38:50 PM »
Exposure to the Moon is known to cause tissue damage, especially to the eyes and brain in humans, which can result in blindness, mental perturbation or even death.
Did you dream that up or do you have any evidence for this claim? Can you even provide even one example where a person's death was scientifically linked to "exposure to the moon"?

Have you no shame, sir? Have you no shame?
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

?

Sean

• Official Member
Re: WARNING: MOON ESPECIALLY POWERFUL DURING WEEK
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 06:40:32 PM »
James, I appreciate your concern. I shall take extra precautionary steps to ensure the moonlight does not harm me.
Quote from: sokarul
Better bring a better augment, something not so stupid.

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
Re: WARNING: Moon Especially Powerful This Week
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 06:53:23 PM »
Also, please don't fall under the illusion that lunar filter eyepieces take away the dangers of this week. The exposure is still there!
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

?

zork

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 11:27:26 PM »
 The warning is so extreme that we can surely expect massive damage to the ones who go out there to the moonlight. I will go out itself and I will start waiting for reports from other people, what damage anyone suffers or their observations what damage other people got.
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 02:15:11 AM »
I think we should make such health & safety annoucements on a more regular basis. Ignorance about the dangerous effects of various celestial phenomona is widespread, and as a society I believe it is important that the arcane and elusive knowledge of great Zetetic thinkers is used as a force for good in this world.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

trig

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 07:48:57 AM »
I pass by a hospital every day and yesterday it did not seem any busier than usual. Could it be that the conspiracy is hiding the moonlight damaged patients? Maybe they are sending them to the basement and killing them, so nobody notices anything?

Now, back to the real world, the difference in brightness of the Moon between the perigee and the apogee of its orbit is about 25% in lumens, which is not even detectable by a person without equipment. And you can add about 6% of difference depending on the position Earth has in its orbit. In total, the difference between average and maximum brightness from the Moon is about 15%.

If a harmful agent is so potent that a 15% or so increase from mean exposure is clearly noticeable, it is a really potent agent. It should be easy to diagnose its effects. In fact, the only agents that I know where a 15% increase is clearly noticeable are deadly toxins like Dioxin, Sarin or Botox.

And with a widely available harmful agent like moonlight it is very easy to do experiments with ten times the exposure. Why can't Ichi find the real effects of such a widely available and controllable agent?

Death-T

• Conspiracy theories are my bread and butter.
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 07:54:58 AM »
Why can't Ichi find the real effects of such a widely available and controllable agent?

Rhetorical questions - the height of web-wit.
" Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. " - Albert Einstein

" We are imperfect.  We cannot expect perfect government. "  ~William Howard Taft

OmgHAI

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 07:55:26 AM »
Thank you James! your warning is greatly appreciated! :-*
<3 <3 <3
You ravers are not nearly as awesome as you think you are.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 08:06:57 AM »
If a harmful agent is so potent that a 15% or so increase from mean exposure is clearly noticeable

Who said it was? I don't think James made any such statement in the OP.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 09:08:01 AM »
I think we should make such health & safety annoucements on a more regular basis. Ignorance about the dangerous effects of various celestial phenomona is widespread, and as a society I believe it is important that the arcane and elusive knowledge of great Zetetic thinkers is used as a force for good in this world.
So are you claiming that this is knowledge and not just speculation? If so, please point us to the scientific basis of the claims.

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 09:30:41 AM »
It has come to my attention, thanks to warnings from my brother Ichimaru Gin, that the world is currently in the grip of a so-called "Super-harvest Moon" during which the Autumnal Equinox has combined with a full harvest Moon in order to enhance the Moon's deadly rays to unprecedented levels, not expected to be seen again until 2029.On its website, NASA, in its ignorance at the true nature of the Moon, is recklessly encouraging members of the public to sit all night watching the Moon: http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2010/22sep_harvestmoon/

on the other hand..... maybe they are doing it on purpose

?

trig

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 11:01:55 AM »
If a harmful agent is so potent that a 15% or so increase from mean exposure is clearly noticeable

This is the whole point of the "warning". The only thing that has changed from a few weeks or a few months ago is at most the 15% increase in a supposedly harmful agent. If this increase is not noticeable in terms of bodily harm, then the whole warning is bogus. And if the 15% increase were so meaningful, then the people who stay out all night under a full moon due to their work would have the symptoms of a devastating overdose of whatever is harmful in moonlight.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2010, 11:52:50 AM »

Perhaps we should warn everyone of the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide (DHMO) as well.  This pervasive and insidious menace kills tens of thousands and causes untold billions (if not trillions) of dollars in damages every year.  This summer alone, DHMO has killed over 2000 people and caused more than $43 billion in damages in Pakistan throwing the whole country into chaos. 

Bah, the effects of the moon are paltry compared to the might of DHMO.  Let us be wary of the real danger out there.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Quantum Ab Hoc
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2010, 06:34:54 AM »
I don't know, there was a report a while ago that showed more people are brought into hospitals due to gastrointestinal bleeding during the full moon.  There are several others. 

?

trig

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2010, 07:03:57 AM »
I don't know, there was a report a while ago that showed more people are brought into hospitals due to gastrointestinal bleeding during the full moon.  There are several others. 
Uncountable reports like that appear now and then and are based on selective use of statistics. This one is just like another study where people from the sign Leo crash their cars 20% more than the rest. Almost every study where the result is only a slight predisposition towards some phenomena and where the mechanism is not known in the end gets debunked by better studies.

I imagine the study you mention is not a very solid one, since not even you can show it.

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2010, 07:12:11 AM »
Citations for these reports, please? Also are you claiming the correlation is causation? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_does_not_imply_causation

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2010, 09:28:05 AM »
You know what actually?
I'm not gonna cover my plants, and if they are perfectly fine, then you have failed.
round earther
Quote from:  topic#19384
Gravity as a force does not exist
Quote from: FAQ
Q: Why does g vary with altitude if the Earth simply accelerates up?

A: The celestial bodies have a slight gravitational pull.

John Davis

• Administrator
  • Quantum Ab Hoc
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2010, 02:17:07 AM »
I don't know, there was a report a while ago that showed more people are brought into hospitals due to gastrointestinal bleeding during the full moon.  There are several others.  
Uncountable reports like that appear now and then and are based on selective use of statistics. This one is just like another study where people from the sign Leo crash their cars 20% more than the rest. Almost every study where the result is only a slight predisposition towards some phenomena and where the mechanism is not known in the end gets debunked by better studies.

I imagine the study you mention is not a very solid one, since not even you can show it.
Roman, E.M., Soriano, G., Fuentes, M., Luz-Galvez, & M.,Fernandez, C. (2004). The influence of the full moon on the number of admissions related to gastrointestinal bleeding. International Journal of Nursing Practice. 10(6), 296.

Please let us know when you have shown this is the case for this particular study and I'll produce more.

John Davis

• Administrator
  • Quantum Ab Hoc
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2010, 02:19:22 AM »
I don't know, there was a report a while ago that showed more people are brought into hospitals due to gastrointestinal bleeding during the full moon.  There are several others.  
Citations for these reports, please? Also are you claiming the correlation is causation? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_does_not_imply_causation
No, I'm implying correlation can be and that the matter requires further investigation.  However, I am saying that its best to be safe until it is known rather than having to be admitted for internal bleeding.

You especially should be worried as you are already showing signs of sickness due to your wanton disregard of our warnings.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2010, 08:15:25 AM »

Correlation is the only grounds we have for assuming causation.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2010, 08:19:47 AM »

This is the whole point of the "warning". The only thing that has changed from a few weeks or a few months ago is at most the 15% increase in a supposedly harmful agent. If this increase is not noticeable in terms of bodily harm, then the whole warning is bogus. And if the 15% increase were so meaningful, then the people who stay out all night under a full moon due to their work would have the symptoms of a devastating overdose of whatever is harmful in moonlight.

I don't think anyone claims to 'know' that the increase will lead to an increase in danger. However, James believes that the Moon is generally dangerous, and so his advice applies generally. Furthermore, it is likely that more people will spend more time observing the moon during this period, and as such the advice is relevant with or without an increase in the the Moon's capacity to harm. Finally, it is entirely possible that the increased power of the Moon's rays (added to the increased exposure previously mentioned) could result in increased harm. I believe the warning is intended in that spirit.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2010, 10:09:16 AM »
Roman, E.M., Soriano, G., Fuentes, M., Luz-Galvez, & M.,Fernandez, C. (2004). The influence of the full moon on the number of admissions related to gastrointestinal bleeding. International Journal of Nursing Practice. 10(6), 296.

John, have you actually read this paper, or did you just pull this quote from notes section of a Wikipedia page?
Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_effect#Notes
   1. ^ a  b  Iosif, A. & Ballon, B. (2005). Bad moon rising: the persistent belief in lunar connections to madness. CMAJ, 173, 1498-1500.
   2. ^ Barr, W. (2000). Lunacy revisited: The influence of the moon on mental health and quality of life. Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health Service, 38 28-35.
  3. ^ Roman, E.M., Soriano, G., Fuentes, M., Luz-Galvez, & M.,Fernandez, C. (2004). The influence of the full moon on the number of admissions related to gastrointestinal bleeding. International Journal of Nursing Practice. 10(6), 296.
   4. ^ Epilepsy & Behavior, Vol 13(3), Oct 2008. pp. 549-550
   5. ^ a b Kelly, Ivan; Rotton, James; Culver, Roger (1986), "The Moon Was Full and Nothing Happened: A Review of Studies on the Moon and Human Behavior", Skeptical Inquirer 10 (2): 129–43 . Reprinted in The Hundredth Monkey - and other paradigms of the paranormal, edited by Kendrick Frazier, Prometheus Books. Revised and updated in The Outer Edge: Classic Investigations of the Paranormal, edited by Joe Nickell, Barry Karr, and Tom Genoni, 1996, CSICOP.
   6. ^ Abell, George; Greenspan, Bennett (1979), "The Moon and the Maternity Ward", Skeptical Inquirer 3 (4): 17–25  Reprinted in Paranormal Borderlands of Science, edited by Kendrick Frazier, Prometheus Books, ISBN 0-87975-148-7.
   7. ^ Marshall, Konrad (2007-05-02), "Must be a Full Moon", The Florida Times-Union: C–1, http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/050207/met_167098253.shtml
   8. ^ Carroll 2003 Robert Todd Carroll (2003), The Skeptic's Dictionary: A Collection of Strange Beliefs, Amusing Deceptions, and Dangerous Delusions, John Wiley & Sons, ISBN 0-471-27242-6  Available online here.
  9. ^ Roman, E.M., Soriano, G., Fuentes, M., Luz-Galvez, M.,Fernandez, C. (2004) The influence of the full moon on the number of admissions related to gastrointestinal bleeding. International Journal of Nursing Practice. Vol. 10;6, p296.
  10. ^ #Y127; 24% of the U.S. Presidential Vote swayed by the Full Moon effect
  11. ^ toledoblade.com - Analysis shines light on full moon, crime
  12. ^ Skeptic's Dictionary and Refuge: Mass Media Bunk
  13. ^ "Police busy for full moon". The Kentucky Post (E. W. Scripps Company). 2002-01-29. Archived from the original on 2007-07-06. http://web.archive.org/web/20070706203651/http://www.kypost.com/2002/jan/29/chase012902.html.
  14. ^ Attewill, Fred (2007-06-05). "Police link full moon to aggression". The Guardian (London). http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,2095945,00.html. Retrieved 2010-05-11.
  15. ^ http://www.stuff.co.nz/4392942a11.html
  16. ^ Hansard, 14 Oct 2009 : Column 414
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 10:16:25 AM by markjo »
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2010, 12:16:42 PM »
No, I'm implying correlation can be and that the matter requires further investigation.  However, I am saying that its best to be safe until it is known rather than having to be admitted for internal bleeding.

You especially should be worried as you are already showing signs of sickness due to your wanton disregard of our warnings.
So you got nothing. Noted.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2010, 12:56:54 PM »
This thread is a public health warning - it is not for debate. Please debate the effects of the Moon elsewhere!
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2010, 01:03:50 PM »
This thread is a public health warning - it is not for debate. Please debate the effects of the Moon elsewhere!
So you're saying the contrary the FES credo, the public should not hear both sides of this health issue to be able to make an informed decision. Noted.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2010, 01:20:28 PM »
Please do as I say.

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2010, 03:52:14 PM »
Please do as I say.

I don't want to, I want to commit suicide by the moon.

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2010, 04:08:15 PM »
Last night I spent in the moon, and it cured me of cancer.

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2010, 04:29:55 PM »
Since we're on the topic can anyone explain why the moon is smaller when it's higher up?

According to round earthers its because of the contrast with the landscape it.. just appears bigger when it's nearer buildings.

But I looked out the window just now and saw the moon against a pitch black sky and it is definitely smaller than yeasterday (when it was lower down)

So is there a good flat earth explanation of this?