Bendy Light Proven on the BBC

• 38 Replies

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
Re: Bendy Light Proven on the BBC
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2011, 01:45:04 PM »
umm Pongo, how the hell could birds nudging a plane make that plane go faster? i am rather skeptical of this theory, so i'd like to see your proof of this

There is an entire thread laden with proof of this.  If you would like to see it, then I recommend you use the search function.

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2011, 06:10:27 AM »
right well whilst i try find this "thread laden with proof" (might i propose that your search function might not work?? every time i try searching something, it does nothing. So might i ask for the name of said thread??).

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2011, 06:39:49 AM »
The search function is in the employ of the Conspiracy (NASA) because they do not want you to find out the truth. This is further evidence of the earth's flatness.

?

Puttah

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2011, 08:56:46 AM »
The search function is in the employ of the Conspiracy (NASA) because they do not want you to find out the truth. This is further evidence of the earth's flatness.
And your inability to direct him to said thread is due to the conspiracy as well of course. Seems like the FE'ers are a part of the conspiracy too then.
Scepti, this idiocy needs to stop and it needs to stop right now. You are making a mockery of this fine forum with your poor trolling. You are a complete disgrace.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2011, 09:09:48 AM »
??? If I was to reveal personal information then I would be quickly eliminated by the Conspiracy.

?

vhu9644

• Round earth supporter
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2011, 12:29:35 AM »
Refraction.

Are you saying that when Stephen Fry says that light bends he is really speaking in error?  Or are you simply spouting nouns of light dynamics that you have little understanding of?

Let me walk you through a theoretical dialog as well.

RE'er: How come the sun sets?  If the earth is flat then I should be able to see it forever.

FE'er: Light bends as shown in this video.

RE'er: Umm, refraction.  Show me proof of light bending at exactly 90 degrees off the equator on the winter solstice in Brazil.

At some point in your life you will have to either consume the literature for yourself or conduct the experiments for yourself.  Conversations like the one I contrived above are the reason that people laugh at round earthers.  Round earthers do nothing but parrot ignorant arguments time and time again despite the mountains of evidence shadowing their "bright" ideas.  It's akin to showing a creationist tiktaalik and having them say no transitional forms exist, then showing them archaeopteryx and having them say no transitional forms exist, then showing them the intermediates of Lenski's bacteria and having them say no transnational forms exist, then showing them pakicetus and them saying that no transitional forms exist.  Eventually your list of proofs are extinguished, at which time the creationist gleefully replies, "See!!! No transitional forms exist!!!"

Your archaic denial and dogmatic devotion to your preconceived notions of a round earth have no room in the age of science.  Grow up and face the facts.

how do you know we havent?

at some point in your life, you need to stop complaining about how we dont consume the literature, or conduct experiments yourself and do them if you havent.

you guys also do the samething, like conspiracy, it is not verified, it is a fake, and eventually, it we will run out of proofs too

also, once you get into like 5th grade (well for me) you learn that light bends, but bends with refraction, with gravity, but only slightly, and in not the way in which bendy light goes.
please dont jump the gun
people i respect: Ski, Oracle, PizzaPlanet, Wendy

?

vhu9644

• Round earth supporter
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2011, 12:37:25 AM »
Yes.  He demonstrates that light bends downwards.  contrary to FET.  FET claims that bendy light makes the sun appear to go below the horizon when it's still above it, and Stephen Fry is trying to demonstrate that the sun appears above the horizon when it's actually below it.  Since the Sun can't actually be below the horizon in Flat Earth, and Stephen Fry says it is, it shows that he is not trying to demonstrate any kind of Flat Earth theory.

I understand your confusion. Fry is clearly trying to introduce the concept in baby steps. He is trying to get the viewer to question their universe. I'm sorry that you failed to grasp the subtext, but that does not discount the fact that Fry is clearly trying to introduce the concept of a flat earth into the media.

no he is not, he says

"light passes through out atmostphere at a shallow angle, and is gradually bent as air density increases"
and it is not making us question the universe, he is teaching these people about refraction, which is a rather old idea ( i think newton was on it )
and it functions in glass, water, ect.

he even says himself that the earth has already turned enough (something along those lines)

but, in fe, the sun doesnt hit the night area at a shallow angle, and bendy light does not bend in the way in which stephen is demonstrating

and hence, stephen fry is clearly trying to demonstrate the known scientific priciple of refraction
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 01:44:53 PM by vhu9644 »
people i respect: Ski, Oracle, PizzaPlanet, Wendy

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2011, 12:38:49 PM »
Bending and Refracting, when coming to light is simply a synonym in most cases. When light passes thorough any translucent material at an angle then this change in speed causes the light beam to bend away from its original path. This is called refraction.

The only bending of light that isnt refraction is done by gravity, and is just a mathematical theory.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2011, 07:09:43 PM »
What this thread demonstrates beyond anything else is the RE'ers hubris. The've strongly stated for years that light DOES NOT bend. The Stephen Fry comes along and says it does and all of the sudden, they say, "well of course it bends like that."

Laughable at best.

you do know he laughs at this site too dont you? thats how i found it actually.