Creationism

• 346 Replies
Re: Creationism
« Reply #270 on: October 17, 2010, 11:32:33 AM »
There is *NO* evidence for evolution. This is pretty much confirmed by this thread - where i have asked and asked for one example of observed evolution (something evolving into something else) - but none has been presented.
RETIRED

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #271 on: October 17, 2010, 11:39:30 AM »
What you're asking for is completely and utterly ridiculous. Proof for evolution has been given, but it's been ignored because it doesn't fit your hilarious criteria.

?

Kira-SY

• Ja pierdole!
« Reply #272 on: October 17, 2010, 11:52:14 AM »
Cassiterides, I supossed you aren't fluent in spanish enough, but in youtube there are 2 videos called "El diseņo estupido", The stupid design in English, maybe you can find an english version.
It mows down every single one argument for a designer.
Signature under building process, our apologies for the inconveniences

?

Kira-SY

• Ja pierdole!
« Reply #273 on: October 17, 2010, 11:54:53 AM »
And yes, there is observable evidence of evolution that you can spot:

Flu viruses mutates EVERY YEAR.

Go back to your forum, I've been lurking and EVERYTHING you say all the time is:
- Can't be observed, no species
You are really a true creationist, mentally disabled.

?

Kira-SY

• Ja pierdole!
« Reply #274 on: October 17, 2010, 11:56:51 AM »
Sorry for the third post, but this is the last:

You haven't presented any single evidence of something better than evolution, so evolution keeps being a better explanation. I'm sorry but I cannot buy that Adam and Noah lived together before the Genesis.

?

clovis2

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #275 on: October 17, 2010, 08:07:11 PM »
I am a Creationist, a Flat Earther and an Orthodox Christian.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #276 on: October 17, 2010, 09:53:01 PM »

The bread turns into jesus. TA DA!

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #277 on: October 17, 2010, 09:53:44 PM »

YEEEEAAAAAHH, BOOOOOOIIIII. Represent.

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #278 on: October 17, 2010, 11:38:32 PM »

Are you also Amish?

?

Kira-SY

• Ja pierdole!
« Reply #279 on: October 18, 2010, 03:26:36 AM »

« Reply #280 on: October 18, 2010, 06:45:24 AM »

The Bible teaches that the world is round, and secondly that it rotates.

If you want a flat earth religious text, it would be the Koran (which teaches the earth is like a carpet).
RETIRED

berny_74

• The IceWall! Beat that
« Reply #281 on: October 18, 2010, 07:25:12 AM »

If you want a flat earth religious text, it would be the Koran (which teaches the earth is like a carpet).

I take it that would be a berber carpet rather than a plush one?

Berny
Can't think of anything unwitty to say
To be fair, sometimes what FE'ers say makes so little sense that it's hard to come up with a rebuttal.
Moonlight is good for you.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #282 on: October 18, 2010, 08:13:18 AM »

So when Jesus stood on the top of a mountain and saw all four corners of the Earth I'm sure that some sort of "bendy light" made that possible. ::)

The bible, being written by many different authors, contains mixed messages on the Earth being round or flat. Not surprising considering the Roman influences in the new testament. The Romans were corrupters of everything they met.

EnigmaZV

« Reply #283 on: October 18, 2010, 08:24:04 AM »

And why would the bible say that the sun stopped in the sky?  Wouldn't it be more apt for it to say that the Earth stopped rotating?
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

« Reply #284 on: October 18, 2010, 08:53:46 AM »
So when Jesus stood on the top of a mountain and saw all four corners of the Earth I'm sure that some sort of "bendy light" made that possible. ::)

Not in the translation i own. Mine reads (Matthew 4:8 ):

''Again, the Devil carrying Him up a very high mountain, pointed out to Him all the kingdoms of that region...''
RETIRED

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #285 on: October 18, 2010, 08:56:00 AM »

''Again, the Devil carrying Him up a very high mountain, pointed out to Him all the kingdoms of that region...''

Oh wow, the bible now has multiple meanings?

Odd. And you base facts off of a book that could be translated in multiple ways?

« Reply #286 on: October 18, 2010, 08:59:15 AM »
And why would the bible say that the sun stopped in the sky?  Wouldn't it be more apt for it to say that the Earth stopped rotating?

Because if you read the latter part of Joshua 10: 13 you realise this event was recorded by man in an archive (ref: 'Book of the Upright'). This astronomical event therefore was written by man as he obverved it from the ground.

From the ground/earth we observe the sun rotate around the earth.
RETIRED

« Reply #287 on: October 18, 2010, 09:01:31 AM »

Odd. And you base facts off of a book that could be translated in multiple ways?

No. I have the literal correct translation. You atheists just cherry pick translations which have errors.

When you go to Bibleskeptic sites, none use standard literal translations but obsecure translations which of course have errors.
RETIRED

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #288 on: October 18, 2010, 09:05:30 AM »

No. I have the literal correct translation. You atheists just cherry pick translations which have errors.

When you go to Bibleskeptic sites, none use standard literal translations but obsecure translations which of course have errors.

That's odd. I'm not an atheist. Also, I'd like to point out that there is literally no such thing as a literal translation. Words have multiple meanings and connotations and rarely will have a perfect parallel in another language. Even when using sets of words to replace a single word certain connotations will be gained or lost. The translator will change the work simply by choosing which connotation of the word he thought the writer was trying to convey.

Thank you for demonstrating your blind faith in man.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #289 on: October 18, 2010, 09:12:56 AM »
Obscure translations like the King James?

« Reply #290 on: October 18, 2010, 09:15:23 AM »

Thank you for demonstrating you know nothing on the Bible.

The 'Earth' capitalized as a (planet) concept didn't exist untill 1400 AD.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=earth

So since you believe Matthew 4: 8 teaches Jesus saw the (entire) Earth from atop a mountain, i can only suggest you take a basic course in languages.
RETIRED

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #291 on: October 18, 2010, 09:18:36 AM »

So since you believe Matthew 4: 8 teaches Jesus saw the (entire) Earth from atop a mountain, i can only suggest you take a basic course in languages.

Wow, my glaring anachronism proves I drew that verse from memory. My bad.

Please address the rest of my quote where I cast doubt on you using a "literal translation."

« Reply #292 on: October 18, 2010, 09:34:11 AM »

Funny, on another website you wrote:

"The word translated 'world' (Matthew 4:8 ) is ambiguous, and needs to be understood in context.

The 'whole world' here was only the Roman Empire. The word world can mean a specific locality".

So, Cassiterides - care to name the mountain from which Jesus was able to observe the entire Roman Empire, which stretched from Northern Europe to Africa?

« Reply #293 on: October 18, 2010, 11:09:36 AM »

"The word translated 'world' (Matthew 4:8 ) is ambiguous, and needs to be understood in context.

The 'whole world' here was only the Roman Empire. The word world can mean a specific locality".

So, Cassiterides - care to name the mountain from which Jesus was able to observe the entire Roman Empire, which stretched from Northern Europe to Africa?

You've copied my post but mixed it with another topic. The reference to the Roman Empire is Luke 2: 1 (which i have already explained in the thread you are quoting from). Matthew 4: 8 has nothing to do with Roman territory, it is an unspecified mountain. When Jesus was on top of it He saw the surrounding earth (specific region) - not the Earth (capitailzed) in the sense of the entire planet.
RETIRED

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #294 on: October 18, 2010, 11:15:43 AM »

You've copied my post but mixed it with another topic. The reference to the Roman Empire is Luke 2: 1 (which i have already explained in the thread you are quoting from). Matthew 4: 8 has nothing to do with Roman territory, it is an unspecified mountain. When Jesus was on top of it He saw the surrounding earth (specific region) - not the Earth (capitailzed) in the sense of the entire planet.

You still haven't explained your literal translation.

« Reply #295 on: October 18, 2010, 11:20:48 AM »

Please address the rest of my quote where I cast doubt on you using a "literal translation."

There are numerous literal accurate translations, two examples being Young's Literal Translation and Ferrar Fenton's Holy Bible in Modern English (1853). Bible skeptics though don't read these, all they do is cherry pick non-literal translations and from that then claim their are errors in the Bible (despite the fact they are diliberately using false translations).
RETIRED

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #296 on: October 18, 2010, 11:24:35 AM »

There are numerous literal accurate translations, two examples being Young's Literal Translation and Ferrar Fenton's Holy Bible in Modern English (1853). Bible skeptics though don't read these, all they do is cherry pick non-literal translations and from that then claim their are errors in the Bible (despite the fact they are diliberately using false translations).

Uh, most churches claim that the king jame's version of the bible was translated by the will of god. If you don't believe god can put his will into a translation, then how could he put his will into an original author?

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #297 on: October 19, 2010, 02:05:44 AM »
So we're agreed, the Bible can mean whatever we want it to mean, that way whenever any inconsistencies are found it can refer to a more nebulous translation.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #298 on: October 20, 2010, 03:09:34 AM »
I don't get it, why was the inerrant word of God given to man, but left for us to mutilate its translations. Did God only care for the first generation of people that the information was given to?  Are we not asked, under penality of eternal torture, to follow the words in this book?  Why would an all-loving creator knowingly give us a work (or allow it to be penned by its mortal scribes) and ask us to follow it when the book cannot even properly transcend languages?  My soul is at stake!  Why would God play such games with it?!

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #299 on: October 20, 2010, 03:37:54 AM »
I don't get it, why was the inerrant word of God given to man, but left for us to mutilate its translations. Did God only care for the first generation of people that the information was given to?  Are we not asked, under penality of eternal torture, to follow the words in this book?  Why would an all-loving creator knowingly give us a work (or allow it to be penned by its mortal scribes) and ask us to follow it when the book cannot even properly transcend languages?  My soul is at stake!  Why would God play such games with it?!

There are two logical conclusions.

1. The being the Bible speaks of does not exist
2. The being the Bible speaks of is a malevolent asshat

The third would be that such a being is stupid, but you have to be pretty damn smart to create life.