Tom Bishop vs. FE Canon

• 221 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: Tom Bishop vs. FE Canon
« Reply #210 on: September 14, 2010, 06:19:11 PM »
But Tom is also the only one who actually cared enough about (his version of) FET to actually put some effort into it.  That's more than I can say for most of the rest of the "believers".
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #211 on: September 14, 2010, 06:20:09 PM »
But Tom is also the only one who actually cared enough about (his version of) FET to actually put some effort into it.  That's more than I can say for most of the rest of the "believers".
Point well taken.
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

« Reply #212 on: September 14, 2010, 09:33:02 PM »
Doctor Parallax Sounds like a cheesy  60's sci-fi baddie...

Tom doesn't even comprehend how a proper parallax is done with Radar to avoid parallax error. And that is why we know the true distance of the Sun and the Moon. But I think I am stepping in to deeply here since this is for FErs only.. Just food for thought.
FE T-shirts = Profit = conspiracy = ideological cult in the making = teaching stupid = paranoia = nut case. Any questions?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #213 on: September 14, 2010, 09:36:05 PM »

Tom doesn't even comprehend how a proper parallax is done with Radar to avoid parallax error. And that is why we know the true distance of the Sun and the Moon. But I think I am stepping in to deeply here since this is for FErs only.. Just food for thought.

That statement is referring to Parallax, not parallax lol.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #214 on: September 14, 2010, 09:56:58 PM »

???

I was referring to this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallax

And to Tom Bishops arguments on the matter. Hence I wasn't referring to "Doctor Parallax" either.. It reminded me of another argument silly wabbit. Perhaps you would have figured that out from the context of the post lol.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 10:01:52 PM by TheJackel »
FE T-shirts = Profit = conspiracy = ideological cult in the making = teaching stupid = paranoia = nut case. Any questions?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #215 on: September 15, 2010, 05:11:19 AM »

???

I was referring to this:

And to Tom Bishops arguments on the matter. Hence I wasn't referring to "Doctor Parallax" either.. It reminded me of another argument silly wabbit. Perhaps you would have figured that out from the context of the post lol.

Dr. Parallax refers to the pen name of Dr. Samuel Birley Rowbotham, author of Earth Not a Globe.

« Reply #216 on: September 15, 2010, 09:33:08 PM »

???

I was referring to this:

Dr. Parallax refers to the pen name of Dr. Samuel Birley Rowbotham, author of Earth Not a Globe.

I am aware of that.. My post had nothing to do with the pen name other than that it reminded me of another argument with Tom in regards to how far the Sun and moon are away. Why can't anyone comprehend my post? lol

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #217 on: September 16, 2010, 05:05:44 AM »

???

I was referring to this:

I am aware of that.. My post had nothing to do with the pen name other than that it reminded me of another argument with Tom in regards to how far the Sun and moon are away. Why can't anyone comprehend my post? lol

Because it didn't relate to the post that you responded to.

« Reply #218 on: September 16, 2010, 05:48:40 AM »

???

I was referring to this:

I think it was quite clear enough that I was using "Parallax" as a key word to bring up another subject to which Tom Bishop failed at. Even the person that responded to my post first should have had a light bulb go on over their head to realize the purpose of my post lol..

"That statement is referring to Parallax, not parallax lol."

[sarcasm]No sh_t really? Gah, I must have missed that entirely LOL [/sarcasm]
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 05:52:20 AM by TheJackel »

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #219 on: September 16, 2010, 06:51:48 PM »

???

I was referring to this:

I think it was quite clear enough that I was using "Parallax" as a key word to bring up another subject to which Tom Bishop failed at. Even the person that responded to my post first should have had a light bulb go on over their head to realize the purpose of my post lol..

I think you did and now you're trying to cover for it lol.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #220 on: September 16, 2010, 07:47:18 PM »

???

I was referring to this:

I think you did and now you're trying to cover for it lol.

Evidence? Should I link to the specific posts concerning this subject on Parallax ? lol

« Reply #221 on: September 16, 2010, 08:54:18 PM »
Remember TomB: you have the opportunity to document your outlandish claim about your view across that bay near your home.

I have nothing further to prove to you. You are free to deny my observation as much as you'd like.

Not proof, but rather quite the opposite.

Even nearly stationary water must obey the convexity of the earth's gravity. Which part about that do you not understand?

You're wrong on both accounts.

Maybe you should back up your claims with solid experimental or observational evidence Gulliver. It seems to us that it's time for you to heed your own advice. Go do the experiment with proper documentation and a reliable witness and you'll further your cause.

Prove to us that the Old Bedford Canal really does flow in contradiction to Dr. Rowbotham's claims.  ::)

Hey im new to forum posts on this thing and for some reason it wont allow me to make a thread, anyways i have a question for Tom. Tom you do realize there is a company in Russia that will take you into space to the international space station. From there you could prove or disprove your hypothesis that the earth flat, because after all your using the word theory wrong and you do realize that you keep talking about science this or science that so it does start with a hypothesis that needs to be tested. So off of that basis maybe its time for you to do some walking instead of all talking?